Days of Future Past X-Men First Class: Fan Art Thread

Very nice. I like how you have everyone in the picture with Charles/Erik at dead center. The floating coin is a nice touch, and also Charles' raised eyebrow. Thanks for sharing! :yay:

I posted the Magneto action figure I made on here so I figured I'd show everyone here what I have recently finished.

Banshee in Flight Suit:
34026-1.jpg

Azazel:
34157-1.jpg

I'm hoping to complete the rest of the X-Men team from the movie soon, I just need to gather the parts I need.
If anyone is interested in the recipes that I used to make these you can go to the link in my signature.

Cover art for fan fic! It took ten stinkin' hours to draw James McAvoy's face, but I think it came out pretty well:

WorldofGray-Cover2.jpg

Wow that looks great!

I've seen a few comments from different fans that James McAvoy's face is maddeningly hard to draw :woot:

Wow!!! :wow:
This is...amazing, Nerial, I'm in awe! Congratulations, I think it's one of the best drawnings of James I've ever seen! :awesome:

Wow Nerial! that is awesome art! at first glance I thought it was an actual photo

Wow, Nerial, that is amazing! You're a great writer and artist. I'm so jealous.

Nerial, you should make more illustrations for your fanfic. :yay:

is it really a drawing?

it looks like a real photo manipped....

Wow that looks great!
I've seen a few comments from different fans that James McAvoy's face is maddeningly hard to draw
Really? I can understand that—getting his lips that rosey red was an interesting endeavor, but it was his HAIR that was the killer. OMG, so much hair! I have to take it apart by sections just to paint. Maybe it’ll be easier once he goes all Patrick Stewart Professor X.

This is...amazing, Nerial, I'm in awe! Congratulations, I think it's one of the best drawnings of James I've ever seen!
Thank you! The original picture is really nice—it’s him wearing a blue shiny shirt with this suspicious look on his face. Which was perfect to go by, of course.

Wow Nerial! that is awesome art! at first glance I thought it was an actual photo
I drew it on photoshop (but no, it’s not a manip—I used the tools, made a blank white layer and drew it from scratch) which is what gives it that effect. It also allows me to change things like his attire and five o’clock shadow.

Yeah that drawing of James McAvoy is amazing!

Thank you! :)

Wow, Nerial, that is amazing! You're a great writer and artist. I'm so jealous.
Are you reading the fan fic? How do you like it so far?

I can draw faces, but anything else and I’m lost.

-----

Thank you all for the nice comments! Sorry it took so long for me to get back; I’m on vacation right now and my internet access is a little limited (I’m depending on my smartphone and netbook at the moment, which is a little frustrating). :)

is it really a drawing?

it looks like a real photo manipped....

It's a mix--the background with Magneto is a cut and paste of his figure blackened out and the clouds are all photoshop (no way I could do those clouds better by hand).

The picture of James is drawn from scratch on Photoshop, which is a weird thing to explain because it's not a manip (I didn't alter the photo) because I drew it, using a photo of James to go by. I'll show you:

Here is the original:

McAvoy%20-%20Original.jpg

Here is the start of the drawing:

McAvoy%20(12).jpg

I always start with the nose, move to an eye and leave the lips alone. You can see the bridge of the nose is a little off here--haven't fixed it yet.

McAvoy%20-%202.jpg

Got the lips, but the bottom of the lip has to blend with the chin, so I left it alone until I got to that section.

McAvoy-5.jpg

Got the face done. There are two spots I could not figure out how to draw--his sideburn and left eyebrow. So those are manip. I haven't finished the neck; you can see where it lacks color and depth below where the ear will be.

McAvoy-8.jpg

The ear was a nightmare because his hair is covering it somewhat. Lots and lots of shading! I wanted him to wear something more "Charles-like" so no blue shiny shirt. :)

McAvoy-10.jpg

This is the start of the sleeve where I began to shade it in. I used the blue shirt to go by, to see where the lines were as I "painted." Still looks "cartoony here" where I haven't blended and added further shading. And his neck is still messed up.

Nerial, you should make more illustrations for your fanfic. :yay:

I'd probably do one of Magneto if I did anything else at this point. I do have a great photo of Michael that would be fun to draw. Maybe in the future!

Are you reading the fan fic? How do you like it so far?

Yes, and I'm enjoying it. I like how you're focusing on the real world physical consequences of Charles's injury. That's something's that's been missing from other fanfics I've seen.

ETA: Your depiction of the characters is also spot-on.

Last edited:
Really? I can understand that—getting his lips that rosey red was an interesting endeavor, but it was his HAIR that was the killer. OMG, so much hair! I have to take it apart by sections just to paint. Maybe it’ll be easier once he goes all Patrick Stewart Professor X.

Actually, most of the comments were about how hard it is to get James' facial features right. And I gotta say, yours is the most accurate drawing that I've seen.

Yes, and I'm enjoying it. I like how you're focusing on the real world physical consequences of Charles's injury. That's something's that's been missing from other fanfics I've seen.

ETA: Your depiction of the characters is also spot-on.

Wonderful! I'm thrilled to hear that--I was really lucky because I work in a physical therapy department (I'm not a PT, though), and had access to a lot of great books, professors and even online lectures about spinal cord injury. There's a professor there that specializes in SCI, and I basically drove him up the wall with questions. :)

And thank you for the comment about the characters. I have enjoyed some AU fan fictions, but since this isn't AU, I really wanted them to be the characters from the movies, although I have to imagine where they'd be six months from that point.

Actually, most of the comments were about how hard it is to get James' facial features right. And I gotta say, yours is the most accurate drawing that I've seen.

Thank you! I think I see your point; he has a bit of a "baby face" so I bet it's hard not to make him look younger than he is. Maybe that's part of the problem.

This is more of a concept poster if they do follow through with the Days of Future Past storyline with some obvious alterations from comics to screen as I've mentioned in one of the speculation threads.
DoFPconceptPoster.jpg

The way I see it, Wolverine is the tie between all the timelines(X1-3, WO, and First Class), as for who would take the Kitty comic role, I think Fox is gonna give it either to Ellen Page as Kitty or Anna Paquin as Rogue as both actresses have a big fan support; and it honestly would be Fox's only option as to tie up all loose ends, plot holes, etc. and continue on with a cohesive series for the X-Men franchise.

LOL, thats the entire cast of all the X-Men films!

Yeah I agree about Wolverine especially he ages very very slowly, so even if the future X-Men timeline is set on 2070s, he would still be alive.

As far for who would take the Kitty comic role, I think they should go with Bishop and Cable if the timeline is set on year 2030 and above. But if they are going with the present timeline (the timeline of the original cast). I think they should pick Storm because she's the leader of the X-Men at the end of X3.

LOL, thats the entire cast of all the X-Men films!
Well, yeah, again the way I see the movie-verse DoFP, it would visit all 3 timelines, and work out the canon-issues, plot holes, etc.
Yeah I agree about Wolverine especially he ages very very slowly, so even if the future X-Men timeline is set on 2070s, he would still be alive.
Plus he was the male lead of the comic story
As far for who would take the Kitty comic role, I think they should go with Bishop and Cable if the timeline is set on year 2030 and above.
No, there's no need to introduce them at all, especially with all the characters they need to choose from. As for the Kitty role, I really just see it being between Kitty and Rogue. Kitty for the obvious reason of the comic story, Ellen Page's stardom since X3; And Rogue because she was the true introduction to the X-Men back in X1, Anna Paquin's stardom from True Blood, and maybe the mutant cure can play a part in the future and why there needs to be someone to go back in time.
But if they are going with the present timeline (the timeline of the original cast). I think they should pick Storm because she's the leader of the X-Men at the end of X3.
No, Wolverine is the leader at the end of X3, not Storm. Besides, the less Storm the better.

cool background and to see all the actors together....

but to see Wolverine in the center of the whole poster is like "WHA??????????"

I hate even just the idea of it

:dry:

As much as I hate that as well, he's the one Fox is most comfortable with being a main character, based on X1-3, W:O, and the upcoming Wolverine sequel/reboot.
That plus the fact he is the only character to be in every single X-movie played by the same actor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"