Days of Future Past Official X-Men: Days of Future Past Images Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrix

Avenger
Reaction score
Filming begins next month and Bryan Singer is already tweeting a few images from the set, so I thought it was about time for an images thread.

A9PlxirCQAA5KhE.jpg

Settling down for my 14 hour flight with #Xmen Days of Future Past. Let's hope I don't leave it in the plane.

A9oMsAeCEAADneU.jpg

Reviewing concepts with my Production Designer John Mayhre

BB3iNVfCcAAcL9Y.jpg

Going through set designs at Mell's studio in Montreal.

BDbKYfaCMAAJCpX.jpg

Hello old friends #XMen #DaysofFuturePast

BDkI_afCcAA11ip.jpg

How many days until @Comic_Con?

BEnkejlCIAAfM5K.jpg

Back to work.

Ive just created the same thread lol but didnt see yours

My tittle was "Behind the scenes" tho, but since we wont get promo pics as soon, I guess my thread could be deleted, and once we get promo pics, we could have two different topics by then, right?

so an adm. should delete mine :D

Last edited:
Its nice that people here are posting and posting here at this board. While the crew of DOFP are busy building sets and preparing for the filming next month. Oh God, I would love to work at the set of DOFP even if I'm just a personal assistant or holding bottles for the cast.

Reading ur XMENSAGA siggy:

Phase 1 = X1 & X2
Phase 2 = X3, Origins,
Phase 3 = First Class, Wolverine, DOFP

so far.

And if it does go with the way ur siggy goes, I'd like many more single-character spin-offs by the time AoA starts

@Darkness -- I still don't get that exchange between Scott & Logan. So is Summers saying that she isn't his girl ? -_-

I mean. Yeah that's exactly what a nerd like me would say so it was fitting but... makes sense it still doesn't to me.

Reading ur XMENSAGA siggy:

Phase 1 = X1 & X2
Phase 2 = X3, Origins,
Phase 3 = First Class, Wolverine, DOFP

so far.

And if it does go with the way ur siggy goes, I'd like many more single-character spin-offs by the time AoA starts

I'm not categorizing the movies on how they were received by the critics. For me, phase 1 is the original trilogy. Phase 2 are the spin-offs/prequels.

You should make a picture thread that prohibits discussion like they've done in the other hero's forums. :)

The mo-cap stuff, creating entirely CGI environments to put the actors in. Same tech they used with Avatar and Hobbit. Not really a fan.

They are definitely gonna use a lot of CGI environments, I just hope it will look real and amazing!

The mo-cap stuff, creating entirely CGI environments to put the actors in. Same tech they used with Avatar and Hobbit. Not really a fan.

:huh: Motion capture is used to help animate CGI characters, not create entirely CGI environments. In Avatar, motion capture is used to provide the Na'vi with realistic facial expressions and body movements. Likewise with Gollum in The Lord of the Rings films and The Hobbit.

Ellen Page just did a full motion capture thing for a video game and it looks amazing so I'm down for Sentinels to be done that way.

You guys might have meant matte paintings, which is what they used for CG environments, again a la Lord of the Rings. Motion capture, as has been brought up, is used for characters specifically, where the actor is clad in a black suit and covered with white balls. It's used to help the artists in the animating of the characters.

I hear Ellen is in Vancouver...

:huh: Motion capture is used to help animate CGI characters, not create entirely CGI environments. In Avatar, motion capture is used to provide the Na'vi with realistic facial expressions and body movements. Likewise with Gollum in The Lord of the Rings films and The Hobbit.

:huh: That's not what it's all used for. Singer even mentioned that they were going to make use of Simulcam technologies. Jeezaloo:

[YT]lyHa_0yJBlw[/YT]

They are definitely gonna use a lot of CGI environments, I just hope it will look real and amazing!

I'm definitely excited to see this used to create grand-scale environments, something the OT lacked I think. I'm just generally wary about digital technology, it's either a make it or break it deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"