Sequels X-Men Origin: Nightcrawler

TheVelvetOnion

Sidekick
Reaction score
Of all the characters in the marvel universe, Nightcrawler could potentially do an Origin story...!

I know a comic book was made of his story but if we just ignor that for a second and really made something here. We could potentially have a great story.

Act 1 - Birth Of A Demon
We would re-introduce Mystique for an extended cameo in this movie, what we would see is how Ms.Raven Darkholme married Count Eric Wagner and lives a high society life, but at a party celebrating there marrage, Raven meets a man by the name of Azazel who she falls in loves with, has a one night stand but Azazel disappears. several months later Nightcrawler is born. Raven is revealed to be a mutant herself and both Raven and Kurt are thrown out of the house of wagner for depection. With Eric Wagner stating the child is nothing to do with him. Raven and Kurt are met by Azazel who just appears via teleport... Raven leaves the baby with Azazel who has no intention of looking after it and so he leaves it at the local carnival...

Act 2 - Mesmero's Show of Freaks
We learn of the traveling circus is really a freak show of that time, Runned by a stage hypnotist known as the great Mesmero, Kurt becomes a hit attraction mostly because of his looks but with his friend Niels who is also another blue mutant Mesmero has in his circus they form an acrobatic act. Noted as world famous, Whilst traveling through Russia they meet a young Piotr Rasputine who is recruited into the show as the worlds strongest tin man and his sister who can perform Magik. Magik and Nightcrawler start to become close. However this display of abilities has attracted the attention of William Stryker who plans to kidnapp the mutants and pitt them against each other... Stryker makes a deal with Mesmero to sell his freaks.

Act 3 - Night of the Nightcrawler
Would see the mutants imprisioned by stryker but Nightcrawler is able to free them, staging an escape, but Piotr cant find his sister and so they have to return, In order to save her Nightcrawler must sacrifice his own life to the weapon x programe to free her. We then see how Nightcrawler turns to religion because of the acts that Stryker wants him to commit, we then skip ahead to Nightcrawler being trained up as a Weapon X prototype as he fights with one of the mutants captured at liberty island. Toad! which would make you think leads to x-men 2

That would be interesting but is he a popular X-Men? Like mainstream popular like Magneto, Wolverine nad Professor X?

Id say he is mainstream, up there with magneto and xavier, wolverine...

I think X2 made him alot more popular and this kind of movie would just make him bigger

I actualy agree with you, espeacialy after the game featuring only wolvie, iceman & nightcrawler

Nightcrawler
Iceman

are 2 of the only X-men i think could have a decent film, if it followed the comics, be nice to see how roberts father/family was, or when he used his abilities in front of everyone, for an original X-men the comics developed him so poorly in the past, i'm glad the writers have noticed that they need to focus on him more

But yea again i agree, the first begining few minutes of X-2 with nightcrawler kicking ass, was the only highlight part of the movie for me ROFL, and you have to admit he is interesting and edgy enough

Storm is extremely popular as well, seriously, just check comicvine or gametrailers or any forum she's arguably got more fanboys than wolverine, but i dont think she'd make a good movie lol, or.........perhaps she could with the proper writers

Last edited:
Well then Nightcralwer make a great films then. Who would play him?

Well Nightcrawlers role, like Mystique's requires pounds of make-up, so aslong as the actor is Slim/athletic, acceptional looking, is good with german accents.......they should do fine

I would like to see Alan Cumming return...

The story takes place over 3 major parts of his life, Initially i was thinking of having Alan Cumming narrate the begining as he looks back at his past. Then you would have a baby kurt wagner in the first act, a teenage kurt wagner in the second act, and when we get to the third act we see Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler but his blue appearance will be limited...

What i was thinking of is having Stryker mess with Nightcrawlers DNA, like he did with deadpool in the wolverine movie, the effect would be that Nightcrawler gains an additional but only temporary ability to shape-shift from his mother... as nightcrawler becomes a controlled assisin for stryker this ability would potentially be useful...

Cast
-----

Ms Raven Darkholme - Rebecca Romijn
Count Eric Wagner - Leon Russom
Azazel - Hank Azaria

Vincent Benson aka "Mesmero The Hypnotist" -
Piotr Rasputine aka "The Colossal Man" -
Young Illayana Rasputine aka "The Sorceress " - Hayden Panettiere
Young Nils Styger aka "The Mysterious Aybss" - Thomas Dekker
Young Kurt Wagner aka "The Demon Child" -

William Stryker - Danny Huston
Professor Yama -
Nightcrawler - Alan Cumming
Toad - Ray Park

Well Nightcrawlers role, like Mystique's requires pounds of make-up, so aslong as the actor is Slim/athletic, acceptional looking, is good with german accents.......they should do fine

In that case I want a good young black actor to play him. Who knows german ascent.

How many mutants have Stryker ****ed with? Also their will be 3 Nightcrawler movies right?

X-Men Origins: Nightcrawler
---------------------------

Act 1
-----

The story opens with Kurt Wagner returning to the church we saw him in X2. The place is still undergoing renovations - He is met by the local priest who is looking after the church, he offers to hear Nightcrawler's story.

Twenty Five years ago... we are re-introduced to Ms.Raven Darkholme (The Future Mystique) who is currently the fiancee of Count Eric Wagner. a party celebrating this fact has taken place at there stately home. We see Raven reading a dairy on her bed belonging to Irene Adlar. She is interrupted by Eric who is getting changed for the party. Raven is less enthusatic about the party but Eric insists. We learn from there discussions that they have been trying to concieve a child but test results have discovered that he is unable to father a child. He is besotted by her and will do anything to please her however she doesnt feel the same, she is only with him for the money. Later at the party Raven is introduced to "Azazel" a more handsom millionaire that she finds attractive, the two flirt that night leading to a one night stand. We then skip six months forward and we it is believed that a miricle has happend and Wagner has fathered a child with Raven. But its actually Azazel's, she knows this. She visits a near by church where Azazel appears... with the familar "BAMF" teleport. Which at first shocks Raven but she accidently reveals she is a mutant too. We learn that Azazel already knew about the baby and that he has fathered many more around the world but he has no intention to play a part in its life. He disappears for good however Raven felt something for him and was more emotionally attached than she thought. We then move foward another three months where she is giving birth, its a home birth. With all the drama the baby is born... Blue, and Raven transforms into her true blue form. Revealing that both she and the baby is mutants. As the sight of mutants were rare during those times they are mistakening for demons and chased out of the mansion, she runs into the forest where she comes to a waterfall, the villages are chasing her and as she hears some coming close she accidently fulls and the baby is falls over the waterfall but teleports. Raven does not see this and believes the baby had died but the truth is that he survived and was found in the nearby bushes by some carnival folk from the traveling circus.

Act 2
The story then jumps ahead seventeen years later. He is now the part of the traveling circus runned by stage hypnotists known as "Mesmero" - They are traveling through europe on tour and are currently performing in Russia, We learn that he is part of an acrobatic performance with another mutant known as Abyss. We are introduced to two new recruits to the circus a young Piotr Rasputine and young Illayana Rasputine, otherwise known as Colossus and Magik, the bother and sister have left there family home to gain additional money by using there mutant talents. What we learn is that Mesmero is recruiting mutants that he can later hypnotise to perform acts like robbing a bank. Abyss discovers the plan and tells the others, However Mesmero has managed to Hypnotise colossus and is already out about to break into a bank, Magik then begs for Nightcrawlers and Abyss's help and they manage to save colossus. Nightcrawler is able to teleport Mesmero into the bank as the alarms go off. Mesmero is arrested and the circus is closed down... All four of the mutant stars goes there seperate ways... In prison Mesmero is placed in a cell where his hypnotic eyes are covered so he is unable to use his ability. He starts talking to a cell member across the way from him. It's william stryker who in the timeline was imprisoned for the death of general munson in x-men origins wolverine. Mesmero tells him of nightcrawler, colossus, magik and abyss... Which Stryker is taking a note off.

Act 3
Takes place 12 years later, Nightcrawler and Abyss who had become great friends, Nightcrawler is now played by Alan Cumming. We learn that they now have a stage show at the theator for there acrobatics, it is targeted that they are dressed as demons however that is there true form. We learn that Stryker is out of prision and is hunting down mutants with Professor Yama in there attempt to restart the weapon X programe. They manage to hunt down Nightcrawler and Abyss both were orphens brought up in the circus where upon they never knew there names, to which Stryker offers them the ability to discover there past if they come work for them. The learn that there names a Kurt and Niles which stryker has on record because he previously apprehended Mystique and found the truth from her. But she at some point must of escaped. They join what they believe is a peace keeping team of mutants where they would locate mutants that were in hiding... AKA Morlocks. So that they can help them. Or so they believe, stryker has simply one plan, which we know what it is from x2. But He trains both Abyss and Nightcrawler through misdirection. Until Nightcrawler once again learns of Strykers true cause, before he could vanish he is injected with the control serum and both him and abyss become controlled soldiers, Stryker and professor Yama then put them through the weapon x programe where there powers are magnifed, Nightcralwer is then able to morph into a human identity thanks to the genes passed on from his mother. And Abyss now has the ability to create portals in his stomach. They are sent on a mission to wipe out the Morlocks where upon they are successful but unaware of there own actions. Suddenly stryker targets the Xavier instatue which he discovers known mutants to be at, it is the sight of Colossus and Magik that makes Nightcrawler fight against the drug where upon he tries to stop stryker the result is Nightcrawler having to fight Abyss to the death, Nightcrawler wins but is now a broken person... He manages to escape and plans to warn the instatue of Strykers impending attack. Upon his journey he is being tracked by strykers team. He takes refuge in a church where he finds a copy of the bible he reads, he is captured by strykers team... We then see him re-injected and given the knife we see in X2... we then move fowards to the begining where the we see Nightcrawler talking to the priest. He then hopes for forgiveness and states he may find it in england where he is traveling to... a hint to a possible future excaliber...

see the idea is to have Alan Cumming without having to have too many scenes with nightcrawler... so we use mystiques morphing ability so we will have Kurt Wagner look human, look like alan cumming. LOL

No! this is a single film...

What you got to remember is so far we had x-men 1 to 3 where it was pretty isolated to mutants living within canada and america... Wolverine movie kind of went a bit further and shown mutants from all over. Which is what there trying to do with the prequel see the idea is if you are made aware that mutants exist outside of america... then it opens op the possibility of say excalibar being made, exiles all concepts that may not be as familar but could bring in the crowd.

Nightcrawler could explain alot of things especially how Stryker managed to get out of prison.

They should do this . I definately want to see more Nightcrawler

I just think out of all the x-men characters, he has the most compalling backstore - sides from wolverine that is, that could be explored and would expand the x-men universe

After X2, Cummings' Nightcrawler was in a good position to take an action-y lead in the X-franchise in the absence of Jackman's Wolverine, who was spun off into his own movies. Of course, they dropped the ball on that one. :-(

I'd love to see a nightcrawler solo movie, but... well... 99% chance of it not happening.. still, I'd like to see the character in another X-Men film..

im all for this. i like your ideas onion. ive always found nightcrawler to be one of the more BA characters in the X world.

Why thank you Tex, i worked alot on it... I really do feel that with Nightcrawler - he is the key that interlocks the franchise together...

I mean what better way to show how the hellfire club was established around the time Nightcrawler was born, and what about his time at the Munich Circus, what did they make him do and in the end what he become...

Can imagin the slogen...

What will you do for a little bit of happyness?

LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"