Sequels X-Men Origins Miniseries

javphonic

Sidekick
Reaction score
I was watching the previews for the new Ben 10 movie and the graphics look pretty good, so it got me thinking... do you think an XMO miniseries would be succesful, like a string of 5-6 mini films fleshing out the origins of the lesser featured X-Men, such as Cyclops, Storm, Prof X. even Magneto... then release them on DVD? every few months or so... this could even be used to promo for future X-Films like ":First Class" and ":Wolverine 2"

and for tie in stuff XMO video games, similar in tone to XMO Wolverine (more gritty)... (ex. XMO: Storm's VG could be similar to the beginning of Wolverine in location and tone, but with the power display of a game like "Fable" + "Tomb Raider's" sex appeal)

would anyone go for this, and if so which characters should get a film, and what kind of storylines would be best for each?

-IMO I think a Magneto, Cyclops, Storm, Mystique and Gambit film + VG would each be successful

I had that idea a while ago, I think it would be an excellent idea. However i always felt move away from the movies and just make a tv series called X-Men Origins... and each season collected characters origins from the movies...

For example

Series One
01 - Professor X
02 - Magneto
03 - Cyclops
04 - Toad
05 - Storm
06 - Mystique

Season Two
01 - Jean Grey
02 - Lady Deathstrike
03 - Iceman
04 - Pyro
05 - Rogue
06 - Nightcrawler

Season 3
01 - Beast
02 - Juggernaut
03 - Angel
04 - Multiple Man
05 - Shadowcat
06 - Colossus

Season 4
01 - Wolverine
02 - Sabretooth
03 - Gambit
04 - Silverfox
05 - Deadpool
06 - Blob

I'd love to see a series, but then a lot of people said that they wouldn't want any Heroes type effects, limited display of powers and fights... so I thought why not a string of made for TV films, with the effects of, or better than the quality of, the upcoming Ben 10 movie, which look great

Last edited:
Well i thought about it, This wouldnt initally be a traditional tv series format but a collection of single stories told to bring the character from the previous movies into more background.

Hi, I am new one, i want to ask, how many x-men movies, will be producted(sorry, for my bad english)
And will be only "Origins" or it will return to the classic "Legends"

It would be a great idea to make a miniserie and flesh out all of the X-Men characters separated. In the movies (First Class) they can fight together against a common enemy. A bit like the Avengers, but instead of solo-films (Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Incredible Hulk) and one big team reunion in 'The Avengers' in 2012 and possible sequels, they make a tv-series about all the main characters and one big team reunion as a movie. Because they are way too much x-men-characters, and instead of a simple cameo here and there, this could really help the franchise and give everyone its screentime.

There is a problem, that i have seen, at X-Men .
At X-Men Legends III The Last Stand:
At the end of the movie, it shows Magneto, finding his power again, so everyone, will take her powers back(Mystic,Rog...) And, the war hasnt finish, so, It needs a movie X-Men IV Legends,
And, I think that X-Men Legends is better than X-Men Origins,

* I want, the next movie contain with all the heros as a team against...Gin
** I love Jin, she is very sexy

Hi, I am new one, i want to ask, how many x-men movies, will be producted(sorry, for my bad english)
And will be only "Origins" or it will return to the classic "Legends"
It's not official, but I think if the idea were to be done, there should be one for characters with an interesting and unseen origin story, worthy of being told

Cyclops
Storm
Nightcrawler
Collossus
Lady Deathstrike
Mystique
Magneto (would also include Xavier)
Beast
Gambit

opposed to a character like Rogue, and in some ways Jean, whose origins tie in with the current X-trilogy

I'd say a miniseries could go on as long as the previous installment is succesful financially, kinda like the string of DTV "Bring it On"s

A miniseries could work, yes...because you wouldn't need huge budgets for backstories that are character-focused and don't involve massive battles or showdowns.

what about the tie in merchandise, whom else besides Wolverine could have a succesful VG?

In total there is 5 origin stories fox wanted to tell...

Wolverine - which they did, and will make sequels too
Magneto - which has a script but has been shelved
Deadpool - because they love Ryan Reynolds so much they will put everything else on hold for him
First Class - which covers the origins of Cyclops, Storm, Jean, Iceman, Beast, Professor X and possibly a younger Angel.
Gambit - which hasnt even got a script but the studio are toying with the idea.

But there also looking to do X-Men 4 to 6 as a new trilogy... but that is down to "Donner" being able to twist the arms of Fox to make it... X4 to X6 will focus on the lesser characters moving up... so Rogue, Iceman, Angel, Colossus, Shadow Cat.... Then Pyro... possibly they will throw in Avalanche and a few others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"