Sequels instead of magneto, they should just make "x-men origins"

Nell2ThaIzzay

Avenger
Reaction score
honestly, i think the franchise should just be ended. not because i think it sucked. quite the opposite. i love the movies. which is why i don't want more - i don't want a great franchise ruined because they don't understand the concept of "overkill"

but unfortunately, i am but 1 voice, and the almighty $$$ speaks louder than my voice.

so if they are going to do it, why not do it right?

wolverine is going to get his own spinoff, and probably a couple of them. those movies will provide the wolverine fix.

instead of "x-men origins: magneto", why not just "x-men origins" and make a prequel trilogy? i honestly believe it would be a good way to incorporate many things that the fans want to see.

there will have to be SOME sacrifices made. for example, given the timeline, and the sake of continuity, an origins story can't include wolverine, rogue, iceman, pyro, nightcrawler, angel, colossus, kitty pryde... although there will be other things that could be included.

with an origins flick, we can get a team of cyclops, jean, storm, and beast. it can start off simple - a movie that showcases the falling out between xavier and magneto, and a young, and inexperienced x-men team battling against magneto. he could be defeated in the first movie, and not seen in the second or 3rd (at least until the end)

we could get an oppourtunity for sentinels as part of the storyline (and provide a reasoning for why they were in the danger room program in x-men 3), you could include gambit, possibly a mutant masscre storyline that takes place in the 2nd prequel movie. emma frost can be introduced as a colleague of xavier's who later goes to the hellfire club. and the end of the 3rd movie can show magneto recruiting members for his brotherhood - mystique, toad, and sabretooth. the latter can have some kind of tie in to the wolverine origins series, to connect the wolverine origins movie to the x-men origins movies.

i believe a team prequel series would be better than a bunch of solo x-men origins spinoffs. we'd get a chance to see more cyclops, more jean, more beast, as well as include new things like gambit, emma frost, and sentinels. and new villians. and it can provide the same purpose of x-men origins: magneto - to explain the falling out between magneto and xavier, and show WHY he became so bitter towards humanity.

just a suggestion. it will never happen. but it's fun to talk about.

to be honest I do believe they are incorporating the young X-Men into the Magneto origin film...I mean why make to seperate origin films?? They can combine Mags/Xavier/X-Men origin into 1 film...the bad thing is that they have to find good young actors to portray Cyke, Jean, Storm and Hank in their teens...the movie should be 2 hrs. an 1hr for Magneto and the other hr on Xavier and the X-Men and the falling out...

I'd say instead of Wolverine, the x-men origins, hehe.

I'd like to see the Magneto movie, but the wolverine one not so much. So cancel it! hahaha.

Not sure if 17-year old actors (or 30 year old actors pretending to be 17 years old) as the X-Men would work.

Isn't this movie now called X-MEN:ORIGINS - with no mention of Magneto? I assume it will be about him and Prof. X building the first team and eventually going their separate ways.

Not sure why some do not think 17 year olds would work for this, the X-Men were called "the most unusual teen-agers of all time" in the early comics. It would be nice to see a young Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Havok and Polaris - leave Storm out of this one!

Would Beast be furry or as he was in the original comics?

to be honest I do believe they are incorporating the young X-Men into the Magneto origin film...I mean why make to seperate origin films?? They can combine Mags/Xavier/X-Men origin into 1 film...the bad thing is that they have to find good young actors to portray Cyke, Jean, Storm and Hank in their teens...the movie should be 2 hrs. an 1hr for Magneto and the other hr on Xavier and the X-Men and the falling out...
They already did that.

Origin films are so frickin boring. You know how the X-Men came to be, we don't need a whole movie about it.

I believe Magneto and Wolverine should be the only XMen origin films. Why? because the fans (minority) and non-fans (majority) know these guys--specifically the majority who were exposed to the films. I can't see the non fans coming to see "Bishop" or "Gambit" even with XMen origin label which in turn would become a waste of a character. There are more X-films that can be made (a'la James Bond). You got Xtinction Agenda, Xcutioner Song, AoA, Phalanx Covenant, etc that new characters can be introduced and spun off into "movie one-shots" minus the origins with other characters being introduce as well. It worked in Daredevil unfortunately it was not excuted correctly but in can be done

Why does it have to be instead? Why can't it be "In addition to Magneto, they should just make X-Men origins?"

I agree with Nell. Though I'm starting to think that's whats going to happen.

They already did that.

Origin films are so frickin boring. You know how the X-Men came to be, we don't need a whole movie about it.

Yeah -- I'm more interested in Magneto's origins for now. And his break-up with Xavier. That's all I want to see. No school involved.

I agree, I would prefer an X-Men Origins film than a Magneto prequel. Wolverine is different, he's a loner that has connections all over the Marvel Universe, and pretty much the only character that can carry a film by himself, no matter how big a fanbase other characters have, there's no comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"