X-Men - Part 8

The Greg Land cover isn't the worst from those 3.

But I instantly recognized the artwork from Greg Land. He has a signature facial expressions for the characters he draws...

Talon, aka old lady Laura, is dead. And considering that she is Duggan's pet character, I don't expect her to come back in the relaunch.
I was thinking "who ever stays dead", but honestly given that she's really a Duggan character, you're probably right.

Now that the Krakoa has fallen, can anyone give a list of characters that are now "killed permanently"?

Probably not going to know that till HOXPOX 2 is over.

I plan on getting back into X-Men with the relaunch but....none of these teams are really speaking to me.

I need the Storm solo and see who the creative team is. Marvel better give her an A-list team.

As much I've enjoyed Gillen's work, I wasn't a huge fan of Xavier's fake betrayal and them conveniently leaving behind all the inhabitants of Krakoa so that From The Ashes doesn't have to deal with them. Though I did enjoy the endings of both Rise #4 and Forever #2.

As much I've enjoyed Gillen's work, I wasn't a huge fan of Xavier's fake betrayal and them conveniently leaving behind all the inhabitants of Krakoa so that From The Ashes doesn't have to deal with them. Though I did enjoy the endings of both Rise #4 and Forever #2.
I'm a bit behind, so I'm waiting for the trade but where did they leave all Krakoa inhabitants?

I'm a bit behind, so I'm waiting for the trade but where did they leave all Krakoa inhabitants?
In the white hot room. Just Kafka and the background ones from Immortal of course, but it's still meant to be about 250,000 Mutants. While the main named heroes return to the conflict. Gillen's writing does kinda seem to imply it's an editorial decision.

Fairly certain the betrayal was Duggan's call.

In the white hot room. Just Kafka and the background ones from Immortal of course, but it's still meant to be about 250,000 Mutants. While the main named heroes return to the conflict. Gillen's writing does kinda seem to imply it's an editorial decision.
Thanks. So just reading a quick wiki online Is this where these all the mutants that supposedly got killed off during the last Gala when they went through the gateways? Hm so they're basically a limbo state until further notice.. Dunno how to feel about that.

Thanks. So just reading a quick wiki online Is this where these all the mutants that supposedly got killed off during the last Gala when they went through the gateways? Hm so they're basically a limbo state until further notice.. Dunno how to feel about that.
Yeah, it's that entire group minus all the A-list named characters.

Adjectiveless - Cyclops, Beast, Kwannon, Magik, Magneto, Juggernaut, Oya, Quentin
Uncanny - Logan, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee
Exceptional - Kitty, Emma, Bronze, Axo, Melee
X-Force - Forge, Betsy, Rachel, Sage, Surge, Tank
NYX - Kamala, Laura, Anole, Prodigy, Sophie
X-Factor - ?

Solo titles: Phoenix, Storm, Wolverine

I hope this new status quo is easier to follow. Because when Age of Krakoa was launched. Besides Adjectiveless, I was reading Marauders, Hellions, Excalibur, X-Factor and X-Force. I ended dropping all of them except for Adjectiveless.

I plan to read Adjectiveless and Uncanny. I will try to see X-Force, Exceptional and X-Factor (even if I don't know the line up yet). NYX feels like a temporary title. All the solos are instant skips for me.

I am on the fence with Exceptional, because I'm not sure how the new characters are going to end up after 3 years. Its basically another "New Mutants/Mutant Academy X/New X-Men/Young X-Men/Wolverine and the X-Men" but with a smaller group with 2 mentors who would likely outshine the new characters.

I meant your list of "The next generation of X-men". It goes New Mutants, Gen X, New X-men/Academy X, Wolverine & the X-men.

I don't see Generation X similar to those other comic books. New Mutants, New X-Men, Academy X, Young X-Men, Wolverine and the X-Men, Generation Hope - the members of those teams were being trained as the next X-Men. Generation X wasn't.

GMHDRb-MXk-AAg-Txq.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"