World X-Men The Animated Series Appreciation Thread (1992-1997)

The X1 theme was clearly based on the Animated Series. (if you add more two notes it would be basically the same) I remember reading an interview where they said some people actually wanted that theme for the movie, but the composer decided to only base it on TAS, loosely.
I could detect hints of the theme, especially at the parts with Magneto on his island. It's a pity it wasn't developed fully, you know, building up to an action sequence, then a full on orchestrated version of the tune.

I could detect hints of the theme, especially at the parts with Magneto on his island. It's a pity it wasn't developed fully, you know, building up to an action sequence, then a full on orchestrated version of the tune.
I actually always pictured an X-Movie with the theme too, you know, with a more serious version of the TAS theme. That would have been teh nerd orgasmz for me. But the first time I watched X1, I truly thought that they would have the entire theme on the last scene, when it started. It only missed two little notes :( Only the final DUN dun.

I actually always pictured an X-Movie with the theme too, you know, with a more serious version of the TAS theme. That would have been teh nerd orgasmz for me. But the first time I watched X1, I truly thought that they would have thee entire theme on the last scene, when it started. It only missed two little notes :( Only the final DUN dun.
I hoped for the proper theme in each of the movies but gave up by X3.

It would have worked so well in many places, especially when the X-Jet flies to San Francisco and they enter Alcatraz. Imagine the theme working up to their entrance, then really hitting it when they jump down and fight.

I hoped for the proper theme in each of the movies but gave up by X3.

It would have worked so well in many places, especially when the X-Jet flies to San Francisco and they enter Alcatraz. Imagine the theme working up to their entrance, then really hitting it when they jump down and fight.
Aw :( Although I quite like each of the three soundtracks, especially the X3 theme (that's one thing I think they got correctly on the movie), that would have been so special. A female choral mixed with basses, drums and all.

But I don't have too much to complain about soundtracks. I was happy to see the resemblance on X1, I was flabbergasted by the main theme the first time I watched X2, and I loved the X3 main theme, also because it was a different version than what went to mp3's and cd's...

On a side note, I can't find the X-men ringtone for my new cellphone. :( So I have Mario on it.

Aw :( Although I quite like each of the three soundtracks, especially the X3 theme (that's one thing I think they got correctly on the movie), that would have been so special. A female choral mixed with basses, drums and all.

But I don't have too much to complain about soundtracks. I was happy to see the resemblance on X1, I was flabbergasted by the main theme the first time I watched X2, and I loved the X3 main theme, also because it was a different version than what went to mp3's and cd's...

On a side note, I can't find the X-men ringtone for my new cellphone. :( So I have Mario on it.
I got it from limewire...sooo awesome...:woot:

season 3 was amazing

days of future past 1,2 and night of the sentinels as well as cable;s trips for the plague were all excellent eps...

overall i would say my favourite ep was Obsession, great character acting all round, warren worthingtons angel was played excellent and there were about 40 memorable lines in that single ep, pure genius...

^^ I don't remember that one. I'll have to look it up at tvlinks or somewhere.

When Beast talks cyber sex to that computer? :o

yeah that part wasn't so awesome but the rest of it was definitely top notch...

I remember now. Def great episode. :up:

I just got done with the Iceman/X-Factor episode last night. That has to be one of my favorite episodes.

It was so cool to see X-Factor in the episode because I remember collecting a lot of those issues with that team in the early 90's. Havok and Polaris are 2 of my favorites and it was neat to see them interact with the other X-Men like they did in the comics.

They even did some corrections and made Iceman into an original X-Man like in the comics. I liked that. They probably wanted to do that with Angel, but it was too late after having him star in a different storyline in the 1st season.

And its little touches like Havok and Cyclops not able to hurt each other with their powers that really makes this series really very special for X-Men fans.

"All right, you egg-suckin' piece of gutter trash! You always did like pushin' around people smaller than you! Well I'M smaller! Try pushin' me!"

"Who do those spy catchers think they're dealin' with? Winnie the Pooh?"

"What are you doing with her, you pile of dog puke? "

Wolverine was so awesome.:heart::wolverine:

Yeah, the "guest star" episodes were always the higlights in my book. Whenever Colossus, Iceman, Nightcrawler, or Archangel showed up it was a good episode. Too bad Psylocke only got a cameo, and Shadowcat got NOTHIN'!

Eh, I'd say Psylocke got a little more than cameo. Though she was missing the British accent.

Well Shadowcat got a whole pilot episode about her in Pryde of the X-men.

I'm glad this was the show that ran for several seasons instead of that one.

I also dug the music for this show.

I think more comic book movies and adaptations need to adapt the themes of the animated shows or TV shows that they also used as well.

On the other end, I like that BTAS kind of used Elfman's music as the basis of their theme. Also the animated Hellboy movies used the movie's theme as well. STAS had a very Superman Movie/Williams-ish score as well.

Happy 15th anniversary!! :D I wish to God this series was out on DVD.

No. Theres a one dvd with maybe 4 episodes on it but thats it.
Disney owns the show and they don't think anyone wants it.

I think theres a few dvd's...The Phoenix Saga and I think 2 others with random episodes came out in 1999-2000 and the Legend of Wolverine came out when X2 came out...I always remember the Phoenix Saga has a pic of Magneto fighting a Sentinel...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"