"X-men: The Last Stand is the most expensive movie, FOX has ever made"

Nell2ThaIzzay said:
Premiere Magazine stated the 220 million figure.

Yeah, actually there's been several credible industry insiders that have all quoted that budget. It seems to be the prevailing understanding, so perhaps it does include marketing.

I thought it was reported ~150 million without marketing.

220 sounds way too much.

$220 million! Woah, I'm not sure if they'll make that much money in US gross.

Anton Oksehud said:
I don't know if this needs a seperate thread (Mods, please delete/merge/whatever) if need be.

I just talked to the FOX representative in Denmark, and she told me, I could quote her for this:

"X3 is the most expensive movie FOX has ever made, with a bigger shooting budget than Titanic, The Day after Tomorrow, SW III, etc... This is a true blockbuster movie!!!"

Just a little bit of info, I don't know how much this means, but she sounded REALLY confident in the movie...
Thanks Anton.I'm very happy the cast, crew and the most importantly a name or a franchise as big as X-Men is getting the kind of budget it deserves.:up:

Ultimate Movie-Man said:
You've desaturated your avvy...:(

Mags100.gif

That was the original made my Roma. I didnt really like bits of red so I made it all the same.

Prognosticator said:
I SINCERELY doubt it! This sounds like complete heresay. I don't discredit that you heard this; only that the person who told you is either into telling tall tales or believing them:(

I can only say, that the person, I spoke with, was the marketing director of 20th Century Fox in Denmark, responsible for all Fox cinema releases in this country.
-So she could be just hyping the movie, but she is a very official person, and she directly said, I could quote her statements....:confused:

spend all that money and still not ONE DECENT SHOT of collosus METALLED UP, or beast not looking like a man in a suit?

is this really more expensive than SW!!??!?.....WOAH!

Lightning Strikez! said:
The budget for X3 is $220 million. I'm not sure if that sum is sans marketing or not.
WHOA!:eek: That's. . .a lot:o

xwolverine2 said:
is this really more expensive than SW!!??!?.....WOAH!
That isn't too surprising to me, Revenge of the Sith's cost was $113 million. What really shocked me is that this thing is more expensive than King Kong!:eek:

:eek: Are you sure about that? X3 is more expansive than even Independence Day!!!! Fox is crazy, putting so much money into X3, even if the movie is successful, how would make enough for Fox to be satisfied!!!:confused:

Why do you think there has been so many advertisements, trailers, and tv spots. that means only two things:

1) The movie is really, really, expensive and really, really, really, good...or:
2) The movie is REALLY REALLY bad...

Ultimate Movie-Man said:
Why do you think there has been so many advertisements, trailers, and tv spots. that means only two things:

1) The movie is really, really, expensive and really, really, really, good...or:
2) The movie is REALLY REALLY bad...

:( I hope it's the first one!!!

I bet that 220 million figure is with marketing. Even though the X-films have done well, they weren't massive hits in the likes of Spider-Man or Pirates of the Carribean. Even if X3 has the same increase X2 had over X1, that still only gives it 500 million worldwide. I doubt they would spend 220 not including marketing on this film. But of course that is my opinion. I think that number is with marketing. That way they can actually make a profit from it's theatrical run if it does indeed go over 500 million worldwide.

Lightning is right on in his claims...fortunately or unfortunately (for Fox)

Also, remember you've got DVD, brothers and sisters... And HD-DVD, and PPV, and Rental, and Airlines...

But for the high price tag I was hoping that they could've at least assembled a 2hr+ pic...

:cool:

Come on guys, get real. Fox wouldnt spend this much on X3 when X2 only made 215 mil. If anything that's probably 220 WITH marketing. Meaning that, granted the marketing budget is around 50 mil, the production budget is 170 mil or so.

Just to put things in perspective, X1 was filmed on $60-75 million, so Fox has obviously learned they can trust the power of the X.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"