Love 'em or hate 'em Fox is a marketing powerhouse for X-Men!

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
Fantastic Four was a mediocre movie but Fox's marketing campaign was insanely active and helped that movie make more money than it probably should have. I guess it was a decent start for a "safely" made film but now that Fox knows the demand is there, and Story, Fox, and Arad all have heard the fans complaints and have stated what they need to fix...they can go all out on FF2. Confidence is there and the marketing surely helped.

Now look at what they're doing for X3. Fox owns 24, Prison Break, and American Idol and the promotion can't get any more saturated than that. Jesus, tonights Idol show had that little promotion CD given to all the IDOLS and they infused X3 right into the show with 3 of the actors. Really really creative.

Fox couldn't have timed things better either with the season finale of Idol and 24 next week which should give a huge push for X3 just from those 2 shows themselves. Think about it. I tried to vote for Idol this last round but all I got was busy signals for an hour...yet over 50 million voters still got through. They all saw these ads.

Love 'em or hate 'em Fox can market a film. What is it like 24 tv spots for X3. LOL

100+ million first 4 days and the first big blockbuster of 2006.

DaVinci who?

I may be crazy, but I'll say $100 million in it's first 3 days.

Fox's marketing campaign is the only thing I can commend them on!

What exactly did they do on Idol?

(I don't watch such sillyness)

They also tapped myspace, ahving pics of Wolverine and Angel on its homepage. Pretty smart.

On Idol they had Rebecca Romain, Hugh Jackman, and another actor/actress (forgot who) with the idols and they gave them a preview CD of X3 with clips we haven't seen. They showed Taylor and Elliot watching it and part of the clip I've never seen before. It was an extension of one of the other clips. Plus they had at least 2 tv spots during the show, and one or two more plugs. While some of you may not watch it most of America is which is good for getting butts in the seats.

I liked the promotion for X2 more, it was a bit broader.

I remember there were way more late night tv appearences, and there was also that hole XRL on mtv's trl (which was great) and specials on E! and also a half hour special on Fox.

^ NO way was the promotion bigger for X2. This campaign is twice what X2 was. There were no shows like Idol or 24 back then...not on Fox or any other channel. Trust me more people watch 24, Prison Break, and Idol than TRL...and these shows have a much broader audience than TRL could possibly every have.

I never said it was. I wouldn't call 3 of the X-Men stars being part of the American Idol show a commercial, nor all of the late show appearances that started promoting the show since last month a commercial. The video game is also much bigger this time around that actually ties into the story. The Myspace ad, etc...

Advanced Dark said:
^ NO way was the promotion bigger for X2. This campaign is twice what X2 was. There were no shows like Idol or 24 back then...not on Fox or any other channel. Trust me more people watch 24, Prison Break, and Idol than TRL...and these shows have a much broader audience than TRL could possibly every have.

American Idol was around during X2--it wasn't that long ago . . . only 2003. Although I haven't seen too many commercials for X3 (how the Hell I've managed to miss them, I'll never know), but I do agree that FOX likes to mass market like no other. Whether the product is good or bad, they take every measure possible to make sure that people will see it, so that they can rake it in.

Companies go all out for huge blockbusters so thats not surprising. They basically work it into everything closer to release. They even had Superbowl guest appearances for past films.

^ Yeah but Fox is in a unique position basically owning 3 of the top rated shows out there enabling them to do some unique things to promote their films at less cost than other studios.

Now add in the XM deal and looking at the cool Hong Kong promo's it proves my point even more. Not to mention the Q & A's with the screen writers on the X-Verse.

Yeah...I think X3 has easily topped F4's marketing campaign..

-TNC

And that's saying something because Fox did a great job with FF marketing. They really sold that film well.

Dark, you've not once mentioned how they've been advertising X-men on TNA Wrestling.

Fox spent about a fraction of the amount of marketing on the first movie they did for this one.

Show much Fox thought the movie was going to be crap back then.

hmmm..they might have over done it like starwars 3

TheVileOne said:
Dark, you've not once mentioned how they've been advertising X-men on TNA Wrestling.

Fox spent about a fraction of the amount of marketing on the first movie they did for this one.

Show much Fox thought the movie was going to be crap back then.

What's with you? You've just been a hater all along just like Harry. Come to think of it your one of his supporters too. Hmmmm

Harry?

Advanced Dark said:
What's with you? You've just been a hater all along just like Harry. Come to think of it your one of his supporters too. Hmmmm

Harry?

I don't know. You talk about all these little advertising things, you make new threads for ALL OF THEM. But you've not ONCE made a thread talking about how TNA has been advertising for X-men 3. That's unfair to TNA to me.

http://groups.msn.com/TheNobleOne/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=59

That's a picture of me with Marcia Gay Harden. I'm not Harry Knowles.

^ You're a jokester. First off I didn't even know about the TNA promo if there even really is one. Marvel's Toy Biz had a deal with TNA for action figures so I'm not surprised. That pic looks like Harry photoshopped to take a few pounds off and change the hair color. You're not fooling me. ;)

Edit: Oh that is really a pic of you. I just noticed the name tag. LOL Why are you posting pics of yourself here. This isn't myspace. :)

It annoys me when you think I'm Harry. I'm not Harry Knowles.

And Moriarty already smacked you down earlier, so I think you need to drop it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"