Sequels X-Men The Series, Please!

BatB

Anti-Hero
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right section for this but I'll give it a try. I'd like to see a live-action X-Men series, especially because X3 didn't live up to what it should have been. Particularly if the series went with the original line-up of; Prof. X, Beast, Cyclops, Angel, Marvel Girl, and Iceman. It would be awesome, this kinda has been on my mind since X-Men First Class has started to come out from Marvel, heres the early version of the first cover;
0xmfc1.jpg

What do you guys think about a live-action X-Men series?

why does Jean have Rogue's white streak? :confused:

and i think an X-men series is, like...impossible. Smallville has one character, sometimes two, who has special powers, and its already too expenisve, just imagine an ensemble cast, all with huge powers...unless they make it like Heroes...

Its an early version of the first issues cover, not the final cover itself.

Thats just it though, if the show focused more on the invidual characters rather than showing off their powers it could work. Think star trek, focusing more on the characters drama than of the enterprise. It could definately work. :)

I don't like this team because there is just one female character in it. There should have been more girls.

We'll have to settle for Heroes.

Heroes is a great series I really have been enjoying it. But it would be awesome to have a series with a team in uniform doing their thing.

And I agree Decay, there should be another female presence, Storm or Shadowcat, or one of a few others. But remember this is the early X-Men, before the thousands of characters in the universe were intruduced. That aside you are right Decay :)

Now that I'm thinking about it, just outta the blue here. Heroes doesn't have a theme song, not really, it sorta does the Lost thing where the main title pops up and thats it. While it doesn't really bother me, I'd like to think that an X-Men series would have a main title theme. Something to get the audience into the episode on top of the teaser in the beginning. But I digress.

i've been saying this for years i mean didn't Marvel do Mutant X?? Why the hell don't they do X-Men?? We wouldn't have to wait for more movies to come out to see who the next villain or hero is gonna appear. I'd bet we get Gambit a lot faster.

LoL, your right on HughJackFan420, :) . But I think the key reason why they haven't done it so far is because they've been focusing on X-Men as a feature film franchise. The same reason why there hasen't been a new live-action Batman series. I guess those who hold rights i.e. WB for Batman and Marvel/Twentieth Century Fox for X-Men see them as more valuable on the large screen than the small. :( But we can still hope :) for both! :)

Anybody have any thoughts on a theme song?

Bring in Polaris and Havok and I'll give it a go.

BTW, Mutant X was not from nor related to Marvel in any way.

Heres the covers to X-Men First Class #2&#3 for those who are interested;
#2;
xmen-firstclass-cover02.jpg

#3;
X-men-firstclass--Issue3.jpg

Majik1387 said:
Bring in Polaris and Havok and I'll give it a go.

BTW, Mutant X was not from nor related to Marvel in any way.

Havok would be a great addition later on, but not at first. First a gust star than a regular :) . Polaris again would be another great addition but I'm gonna have to say the same for her too.

Cuz I don't want Jean to be the only female on the show. Obviously I would want Mystique on the Brother hood maybe with Destiny too. Maybe even Moira MacTaggert can be a character too.

Majik1387 said:
Cuz I don't want Jean to be the only female on the show. Obviously I would want Mystique on the Brother hood maybe with Destiny too. Maybe even Moira MacTaggert can be a character too.

Thats exactly what Decay brought up, and I totally agree with. Another female character on the X-Men would be great. And the baddies, well anything could happen there :)

As long as we're thinking about it, I might as well bring up casting as well. Who would you cast?

I guess making x-men into a live TV show can't happen until Fox's rights to x-men expire. Which won't be for another 4 years I believe. Yeah it's ashame Batman has not been made into a live TV show these days either but at least it was a live TV show once 4 decades ago. If Heroes manages to be an ongoing series than that should have an impact on x-men becoming a live TV show when it can happen. I hope TV studios such as FX or Sci Fi gets the rights. What became of Blade the Series shows why Spike TV should not own it.

I don't think a TV show should use the original 5 as regulars but I think they can be mentioned or shown in flashback scenes like TAS did. I think the original team should be used as the main team when they do a movie reboot someday. You know the first movie revolving around the original x-men and how they got started. If this worked for Batman it can work for X-Men too.

I'm totally with you on the movie concept. Ala Batman Begins with the X-Men, the original group, would be awesome! :) . I don't think its Spikes fault for Blade. I thought it was a good show on its own. But what can ya do, can't please everybody unfortunately. I would be happy about having the live-action Batman series, if only it was actually good. The Adam West series sucks huge donkey.......well yunno. I just wish more and more for a live action Batman series thats great. But that'll probably never happen :( . But maybe one day, I can hope right. :) . Anywho, now we just have to wait for Foxs rights to the X-characters to run out.

Maybe if we started a petition, got enough signatures, and sent it to Avi and Marvel............................they would probably look at it, laugh and throw it away. Yunno, because they don't give a &@#! what the fans want. Well, that, and the fact that they put themselves on a pedistal and what not.

Rac said:

I don't think it's a good idea either. They wouldn't have a big enough budget to really do the characters and their powers justice.

This is something that is always brought up with this kind of series. Reminds me of the talk before Smallville premiered. I think first we gotta get over the idea of every character haveing every power displayed every week. If you want a quality show you need to focus on the chracters, and that doesnt mean using their powers 24/7.

Anybody who'd like to see a young X-Men series just might like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"