Sequels X-Men The Series, Please!

BatB said:
As long as we're thinking about it, I might as well bring up casting as well. Who would you cast?
Well, I would most probably cast lesser known and unknown actors since it would be a TV show. And I don't know how old people would want the X-Men but I would want them in the high school age frame.

Some I thought of though.

Angel
DavidGallagher.jpg

David Gallagher

Jean Grey
AnneliseVanDerPool.jpg

Annelise Van Der Pool

Iceman
LucasGrabeel.jpg

Lucas Grabeel

Cyclops
everwood_50.jpg

Gregory Smith

BatB said:
LoL, your right on HughJackFan420, :) . But I think the key reason why they haven't done it so far is because they've been focusing on X-Men as a feature film franchise. The same reason why there hasen't been a new live-action Batman series. I guess those who hold rights i.e. WB for Batman and Marvel/Twentieth Century Fox for X-Men see them as more valuable on the large screen than the small. :( But we can still hope :) for both! :)

Agree .

there's no reason to do an overkill Xmen superheroes - Smallville and Lois & Clark was bad enough for Superman.

the wait for the big screen is worth the risk.

:wolverine

Gregory Smith seems the type to be boy scoutt cyclops

Might be possible. Would make my job alot easier.

In about 10-15 years, until I have worked in the biz for some time, I will pitch a Spider-Man: The Series. Effects will be ready by then, to see what TV can already do in terms of effects- just look at Smallville for instance. We're already there, in which having this type of series is a definite possibility. From this series, I would have various hero cameos ranging from Daredevil to The X-Men and etc. These characters would be proportionate to Peter's age, who starts off in the series at 15. From these cameos, hopefully in turn these characters would get their own spin off series.

For those wondering who I see as Peter Parker, I would tell me casting agents to find a young Jared Leto (Urban Legends).

X-Men is possible right now, and Fox would be smart to make a move on it. X-Men is a very popular franchise right now and these groups of characters, especially this high school (kind of Evolution) idea that you guys have I really, really like. This show would be a hit in the ratings. For those saying we would have to wait until Fox no longer have the rights- don't think that's the case, because Fox has it's own television station. Thus, I think it could be made right now and should. Effects are here, that's for sure. Characters are rich. And ratings- just look at how fast 'Heroes' became a hit. Everyone, almost, loves superheroes- guaranteed hit.

BTW, great casting choice with Gregory Smith.

^Thank you about the casting choice. The only thing about Evolution I didn't like was that the students went to a seperate school and Xavier's was more of a dorm for them. I could see a storyline where after a while they want to try to go to normal school with normal kids but I'd rather have it be set in Xavier's school.

Yeah. I agree with that, just stated Evolution due to a high school-like setting. Biggest question i have- who do you guys think for Wolverine? Or no Wolverine?

I say no wolverine, not at first. First introduce him as a guest starring role with one or two episodes than the following season bring him in as a part-time member. But make the introduction in maybe the second or third season. The thing is, wolverine is such a dominating personality that he can take over pretty quickly. It would become wolverine & the x-men instead of the x-men. Sorta the way the films have worked out. Its a similar situation with gambit. Thats part of the reason why he was never brought into the films.

Tempest19 said:
X-Men is possible right now, and Fox would be smart to make a move on it. X-Men is a very popular franchise right now and these groups of characters, especially this high school (kind of Evolution) idea that you guys have I really, really like. This show would be a hit in the ratings. For those saying we would have to wait until Fox no longer have the rights- don't think that's the case, because Fox has it's own television station. Thus, I think it could be made right now and should. Effects are here, that's for sure. Characters are rich. And ratings- just look at how fast 'Heroes' became a hit. Everyone, almost, loves superheroes- guaranteed hit.
The way I see it Fox is not smart. Can't you see they were responsible for many of X3's flaws? I don't agree on the high school age range though b/c the films and Evolution already covered that and if a TV series does that too, the public will lose interest too quickly. Viewers lost interest in Blade the series b/c it came out only a year in a half after Trinity and it was too similar to the films. If an x-men tv series is to happen now it should not have anything to do with the films. In fact I don't think it should whenever it gets made. I guarantee you different crew members and studio possibly will have a different point of view on how to make it.

Bring in Wolverine when Scott and Jean have grown up so there won't be any strange statutory rape feelings that some had with Evolution. I could do without their love triangle but I know some will complain.

If they do a "first class" style tv series, then it needs to be the Original Five, not a mix-match of various X-Men.

I'd say go in order. The Original Five, then add in Havok and Polaris, and then Sean (and maybe Moira at the same time, although she'd be out of order), then maybe Shiro.

If it last for like five seasons, then add in either the All-new, All-different X-team, or do the lost team from Deadly Genesis, then the All New team.

If they wanted to keep with some of the movie continuity, they could separate Kurt and Logan from the All-new, All-different X-team, and just bring in Ororo, Peter, and maybe John Proudstar.

Maybe have a few others that have powers that would be easy (and cheap to do the special effects for, like Dazzler or Psylocke.

I would like the show to be more Buffy-ish than Smallville. To have larger year-long arcs with some high school angst, but not have the show be totally a high school show, but not to have it be a supervillain of the week type show either.

I think this show could have some good 3-episode guest stars such as Wolverine, Colossus, or Storm for example.

I really really like this idea for a TV series :)

I think an X-Men series would be a good idea but I don't think Fox is smart enough to make it happen. And I think A highschool age for the lead charecters would be best. To the poster who said that that would make it too much like the movies is a lil off considering none of the main charecters were that age; only the ones with supporting roles (ie. Bobby and Rogue). To have Scott, Jean and the others played by or made to look 17-18 would be a huge departure from the films. And as far as special effects go the first five members didn't have powers that were visually stunning other than angel and perhaps Iceman though I think his could be handled well if toaned down. It would be a problem for Angel though so what I would do is replace him with another female charecter since there is only one to begin with then bring in Angel during season two if the show is popular enough and making money. I would say that Storm would be a good choice for the other lead female because she and Jean are the two most popular female charecters and just tone down her powers and not make them into such a spectacle. Mostly wind, rain, and lightning since the only thing that would need any real visual effect would be the lightning. You could bring in her flight later on as the Ultimate line did. I would also end the season with the introduction of Wolverine (whom I think should be about 25) and have him be a sort of mysterious supporting charecter through out season two. And, Lord, I've been babblin' for a while.

^Sorry, I'm not for replacing Angel with Storm. If anything have him stilll be self conscious and have him wear that harness that holds his wings under his clothing.

Angel was one of the original team, he stays.

^Yes.:up:
I like the Buffy-verse style also that someone mentioned, rather than having it Smallville style. It works for Smallville but there's too many characters in X-Men to try it in a Smallville style.

Buffy-verse style would be great :) . But they gotta wear the uniforms :)

^I don't want the spandex uniforms but I would appreciate Black/Blue and Gold/Yellow uniforms.

Maybe not spandex, I personnally loved the leather uniforms from the movies. But the uniforms in a series should have a different feeling. I hate it when something reflects light, I hate shiny things. I like when things are duller, that are a part of their environment. Two piece uniforms like in X2, with Black and Gold for the color scheme in varying patterns. But the material is still up in the air for me. What do you think?

They could do leather but with a different design aesthetic. If they use gold it shouldn't stand out too much. Give me some time and I'll come up with something.

I agree, the gold should be more subdued, a darker shade. Theres a type of leather thats very flat that isn't that reflective at all, and its not that grainy. If leather was continued, I'd prefer something like that.

With Generation X tv series failed pilot, the biggest issue was the cost for special effects to do certain powers. Chamber was replaced with a new character with x-ray vision and Husk was replaced with a Paige Guthrie like character that had super strength.

With X3, one of the most expensive effects was Angel, so I could see flying being cost-prohibitive for a tv series.

I hate to say this, but if they replaced Angel with Storm, that balances out the cast to 3 guys, 2 girls, and goes more with the first class from the movie-verse.

With this is a very legitimate argument and i'm glad you brought it up Mother Askani. The cost of utilizing each characters abilities is very prohibitive. But it does bring me back to the preconception I brought up before. The hurdle we have to get over is the common belief that you have to show every character and every characters powers every single episode. This is simply not true. While it would be great to show everything all the time, what the show would have to focus on is the individual characters. And compelling story-telling. Some of the best comic storys didnt necessarilly utilize everything that had ever been created in the universe. Keeping the focus on the characters, doesn't mean having them using their abilities all the time. It means that they are themselves all the time. And kick some a$$ when they can :) .

^Agreed. And like I said before, have Angel stilll be self conscious and have him wear that harness that holds his wings under his clothing because honestly I don't want his solo storyline about the Avenging Angel.

Cool, another layer could be that he only really feels free to have his wings out is when he has the uniform with the mask on. Because no one knows who he is.

Yes, that's a pretty good idea. Also I'm not trying to diss Storm's character because of the way I hated Halle Berry in the role but lets give the original 5 X-Men time to shine in the spotlight and keep it seperate from the movie universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"