Comics X-treme x-men

As much as I can, I agree with you. It's my only X-men title so I can't compare but it certainly is a fun title. It knows exactly what it is and is embracing its oh-so-excellent premise. Long may it continue!

It really reminds me(and others) a lot of how awesome Exiles used to be before Claremont went nuts. Also, it'd be awesome if Dazzler could bring Kurt and some good version of Xavier back to 616 with her.

Last edited:
It really reminds me(and others) a lot of how awesome Exiles used to be before Claremont went nuts. Also, it'd be awesome if Dazzler could bring Kurt and some good version of Xavier back to 616 with her.

Seriously. at this point of screwed up 616 characterization. i would take an easy out and just let them bring alternate versions of Bishop, Cyclops and Xavier to re-work all the years of bad, bad writing. We already have a badass AoA Nightcrawler in the 616..let him join the X-Men and do uber cool teleportation stuff that the 616 Kurt was too holy to do.

AOA Kurt's a but too surly. I really like the version in this book, we'd just have to teach him how to kill lol :o

XTREME2012009_cov.jpg

X-TREME X-MEN #9
Greg Pak (W) • Paco Diaz Luque (A)
Cover by Kalman
• The X-Treme X-Men find they can't shake their new X-Force teammates!
• Will Dazzler be able to take back control of the team?
• Also, Howlett versus Hercules!
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

Finally got round to re-reading 4-5, so I can finally give my verdict on 5, excellent stuff.

Pak seemed to imply that Xavier had a secret in issue 1 and his clash with "The Boss" was a bit heavy handed but reminded the us of this pretty well. The teamwork of Alison and Kurt has been the most enjoyable part of this series so far, it's cheesy, light-hearted and most of all fun. Dazzlers "pow pow" gun-hands panel from #4 is certainly the highlight of the arc for me, captures the tone of this series so well.

My only gripe I suppose is that things do happen very quickly. To a point I think this is a good thing, 2 and done stories are excellent and it means that Pak might actually get to finish his 10 Xaviers story before being cancelled however an extra issue in each arc so far would have fleshed them out quite nicely :)

The tone shifts to Kurt for the next two issues before a .1 issue (Already, are you serious marvel?). Really looking forward to learning a bit more about Kurt and obviously any further revelations from the mysterious head in a jar...

XTREME2012011_cov.jpg

X-TREME X-MEN #10 & 11
GREG PAK (W) • STEPHEN SEGOVIA (A)
Cover by KALMAN ANDRASOFSZKY
• After the events of their last mission, something is off about Xavier
• Will the team be able to close the tears between dimensions without him?
• PLUS! Romance is in the air…or it could be, if Dazzler and Cyclops don’t kill each other first!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

prv14493_cov.jpg

prv14493_pg1.jpg

prv14493_pg2.jpg

prv14493_pg3.jpg

prv14493_pg4.jpg

X-TREME X-MEN #7.1
GREG PAK (W) • André Araújo (A)
Cover by STEPHANIE HANS
• JUMP ON HERE! If you haven’t been reading, start here to find out what you’ve been missing!
• Dazzler and her team find themselves in a war against the Brood...but the dimension they land in is a little too close to home.

so...Is Dazzler the only 616er on the team?

XTREME2012012.jpg

X-TREME X-MEN #12
GREG PAK (W)
ANDRE ARUJO (A)
PROLOGUE TO X-TERMINATION
• With reality pulling apart and their Xavier driven mad, the team scrambles to find the tear between dimensions and repair it before it’s too late.
• But without their Xavier, they’re unprepared for the threat that awaits them.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

prv14588_cov.jpg

prv14588_pg1.jpg

prv14588_pg2.jpg

prv14588_pg3.jpg

prv14588_pg4.jpg

X-TREME X-MEN #8
GREG PAK (W) • PACO DIAZ (A)
• Meet the X-TREME X-FORCE!
• Dazzler is confronted with who she might turn into if she never gets home!

XTREME2012013_XTERM_COV.jpg

X-TREME X-MEN #13
GREG PAK (W) • ANDRE ARAUJO (A)
Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI
VARIANT COVER BY KALMAN ANDRASOFSKY
Part 4 OF X-TERMINATION - FINAL ISSUE!
• With the rift into the AOA widening, the only chance might be to step into the void—but at what cost?
• Kid Nightcrawler makes the ultimate sacrifice.

prv14997_cov.jpg

prv14997_pg1.jpg

prv14997_pg2.jpg

prv14997_pg3.jpg

prv14997_pg4.jpg

X-TREME X-MEN #9
Greg Pak (W)
Paco Diaz Luque (A)
Cover by Kalman
• The X-Treme X-Men find they can’t shake their new X-Force teammates!
• Will Dazzler be able to take back control of the team?
• Also, Howlett versus Hercules!

Sage is in this? This her first time back since Exiles?

Here's hoping her and Dazz get pulled into the new adjectiveless X-Men line up eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"