X3:#1 Anticpated Movie

Lightning Strikez! said:
Sadly, for people like Seen, unless fans are praising SR as the best thing since sliced bread then they must be automatically "bashing it", or have "distorted" "pathetic misjudgement".

And that's nonsensical, warped thinking.

And you're any different?:confused:

You seem to have the same feelings and reactions to SR but in the exact opposite -- if SR isn't horrible or have mixed reactions you need to "accept" the truth. Can't you get outside your box for a second and just possibly think the reaction is actually very positive?

I also just want to note that I'm not biased in my thoughts on X3 at all -- I've been here since May of 2003, and posted on these boards for quite some time before Singer left.

I want X3 to be the best movie ever -- although my hope in its success is limited, I do plan on supporting the movie by seeing it opening day and taking all of my friends to see it. I want it to do good.

But alas, I'm extremely skeptical. That doesn't mean I think it will suck though, nor does it mean I think it deserves to fail. I'm just voicing my opinions like everyone else, and I hope people understand that.

Peace. :)

Seen said:
Singer has already said this will be his most romantic and humerous film yet -- lighter than anything he's ever done.

This, I absolutely do not like. Even more of a rehash, and I like some of the previous movies. :o

Seen said:
I do not need to respect anything.

That is the problem. You don't respect anyone else's opinion, but yet they should respect yours. :o :down

I actually do read the superman boards, and no everyone elses opionion of the trailor in the review thread was not stellar. You should try reading closer.

Supreme Power said:
This, I absolutely do not like. Even more of a rehash, and I like some of the previous movies. :o

How so? Superman stories have always been light, romantic, hopeful, encouraging.

That is the problem. You don't respect anyone else's opinion, but yet they should respect yours. :o :down

Never said anyone should.

I actually do read the superman boards, and no everyone elses opionion of the trailor in the review thread was not stellar. You should try reading closer.

Umm, it was. Maybe you were misreading?:o

Seen said:
How so? Superman stories have always been light, romantic, hopeful, encouraging.
We've seen that before. Some humor is okay but I don't want this to be comedic, or overly romantic. I want to see all this action that there promising, and hope that, given he's really not figting anyone besides Lex, some of it is stuff we haven't seen before.

Seen said:
Never said anyone should.
Fair enough

I don't know where all this "everyone loved the SR teaser" stuff is coming from,there are plenty of ppl on here who thought it was mediocre and out in the real world(i.e. non fanboys) that thought it was boring

Personaly i quite liked it for what it was

Like what I've said before, The teaser for Supes was okay but it wasnt' terrible.

When you got new fotage or whatever, the teaser's job is to excite you. The Supes teaser didn't do it for me. In fact, any of the worries that I had for the movie, the teaser didn't improve or change my concerns. I just know that it'll look nice.

I'm just worried about a possible comedic Lex, and the Kid along with Richard White.

The average feeling in Spain about the SR trailer was MEH!... better to say, it was [insert dissapointed grunt here]! :D

MoiBijou said:
The average feeling in Spain about the SR trailer was MEH!... better to say, it was [insert dissapointed grunt here]! :D

I agree it tended to be rather MEH. What worries me is they are making the trailer form the best they have got which doesn't bode well for the film, even catwoman cout turn out a half decent trailer pity about the rest of it.

Seen said:
And you're any different?:confused:

You seem to have the same feelings and reactions to SR but in the exact opposite -- if SR isn't horrible or have mixed reactions you need to "accept" the truth. Can't you get outside your box for a second and just possibly think the reaction is actually very positive?

No one here has ever denied that the SR trailer has received some positive reaction--we've all acknowledged that. We've simply stated that the reaction has been mixed with some regative response. We've provided several examples that show that not all fans of the genre are pleased with what they've seen. You've chosen to ignore all of this, and your stubborn, acute fanboyism is preventing you from understanding anyone else's points here. Instead of acknowledging that there are a lot of people who both like and dislike the trailer, you'd prefer to hurl insults and personalizations to those of us with a differing opinion.

That's fine.

I can't debate with someone with the inability to concede points--especially when they are grounded in factual common sense. You've already stated that you don't respect any of our opinions, so why should we waste our energies trying to convince you of the obvious?

Therefore discussing this with you is a waste of time, at least as far as I am concerned.

Lightning Strikez! said:
Not necessarily. :cool:

The advantage that Bryan's X-Men films had over Brett's Rush Hour comedies is a strong A-List cast and a political message that all of us can relate to: Intolerance. THOSE are the elements that gave those films such high critical ratings, not just Bryan's direction. :o

For example: In X-Men you have acclaimed stage performers i.e. Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellan and Hugh Jackman. You have Oscar-Winning actresses i.e Anna Paquin and Halle Berry.

In contrast, Brett had Jackie Chan, Chris Tucker and Kung-foo grip to work with. :rolleyes: Yet interestingly enough, the times Brett did delve into darker, serious themes (i.e. with Red Dragon) the critics loved it. In other words, the palatte was different and the masterpieces reflected that.

We shall see just how good Bryan does with SR: He now doesn't have the heavily star-studded cast to buoy his works, nor does he have the controversial political message that will resonate with fans of all colors, sexes, orientations and ages. Brett, however will, and he could excel or flop with what he's been given.

And the same applies for Mr. Singer.

ok , let's see why Bryan is the best of the two:

yup , the combination of a strong cast ,Singer direction,and a political message (and i will add commercial )that all of us can relate to(that was well written don't forget that) gave those films such high critical ratings,..

(And We shall see if Simon Kinberg do another well written script..he has written by himself XX2 don't forget that...we shall see if Zach Penn is good without Marion dougherty and Dan Harris)

now note something , by you logic Usual Suspect had a disadvantage , yup it did not have the kind of political message that you're talking about..but higher critical ratings, than Xmen 1 and 2 (and than anything Ratner ever done including Red Dragon),what does it tell you?

so yes Red dragon had less good critics than Usual suspects but it had good critics..but let's examine what those critics tell us in summary:.The conscensus was it was competently made nothing more.. and althrought with a similar script and a "lesser" cast Michael Mann did Manhunter, (and great actors , but not necessarily. A listers unlike Red Dragon) a movie considered a classic , a movie which had higher rating than Red Dragon..( and it's a masterpiece imo , have you seen it? )

So Ratner did good work once when he worked with great material .. but you say that when Brett do Rush Hours with Chan , and Chris Tucker he can't do great work?How do you explain so that Tom Dey has higher critical ratings with Chan and Kung fu in Shangai noon? (and that a lot of Chan movies had higher critical ratings)

Singer , on the other hand with Usual Suspect , with a low budget movie , without A listers, Singer had more succes than Ratner ever had with his actors(including Red Dragon..and they were A listers).. And he revelead Kevin Spacey , benicio Del Toro among others to the general public, and then they had the great career that we know...well,i think that we can conclude that Singer has often found great talents.. that maybe he has a talent for it..that he is a great director of actor:Jackman had success in theater yes and in some of his movies..But in America Xmen 1 and 2 were the only movie that gain him some praise... So is Routh or Bosworth the next best thing? maybe not , but it's really possible because of Singer track record..

To conclude:

Yes we shall see just how good Bryan does with SR: but one, he has the writers who helped him to have his second best critical sucess..And they have the material to do a great movie :the story about an idealistic , naive man lost in the post 11 september era can speak to people (as does the religious overtones...if done well...Look at the Passion....) anyways what is sure is that Superman speak to a greater numbers of people in the world than Xmen...Look at the numbers.. what is sure ,althought Singer lacked in some areas of his first big budget movie ,he improved with his second one(it was not perfect then but it was close) ..and even more, it's a known fact that he had not the budget that he needed or the time(and neither with Xmen).....He has all he ever wanted with Superman.

On the other hand ,we have Brett Ratner who, althrought he has the kind of budget that Singer always wanted (..and the same sort of shedule that Singer had with the Xmovies..only with less pre production) althrought, he has great cast , althought ,that he is competent when the material is great(and again the track records of Kinberg and Penn are not great) , he couldn't be as good as another director with almost the same material and A listers..(and he showed it again with his kung fu comedies with "b" actors) he didn't improve movies after movie , he only had one critical sucess ....

For the moment, i let you guess who has the big assets as a director..

Maze,

I will tell you the same thing that I told Seen: We shall see. Monday will give us a glimpse into Brett's vision for X3, so let's just sit tight for that, shall we?

Because to be frank, I'm tired of talking about it...and I think everyone else is too.

No problem lighting , i'm tired too of talking about it

obviously we shall see, but you wanted to show that Ratner was(at least) as good a director as Singer, i answered you.;)

now again , believe me i love the Xmen , and i wan't nothing more than Brett to surprise us all ( and the teaser sound promising) :)

Wow, much debating here for a movie that hasn't yet come out ;)

Be patient and respect others' opinions, please.

X-3 is the most anticipated movie for me. I wanna' see Ghostrider.

As for Superman Returns, they messed that movie up and now I really don't wanna' see it. I tried getting into it but, I just can't.

as for the back and forth in this thread and in particular that whole thing about Superman Retuns being the number 1 movie based on all clicks in yahoo movies, while X men 3 has remained number 1 in previewed.

I had a feeling the overall numbers change very quickly ..trailers being viewed ect ect.

look just about a weeklater and Super Man has already slipped back down to 10th overall

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/boxoffice/weekend/

while over in the preview section..
X3 remains number 1 despite the addition of Pirates 2 trailer

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/upcoming/

not saying it 'means anything.... just pointing it out, as it was so quickly pointed out to the X men fans Superman was number 1 overall top movie

im really looking forward to x-3 of course, spider-man 3, the lady in the water, and very much king kong...ok maybe even big mommas house 2 lol

kol_lover said:
im really looking forward to x-3 of course, spider-man 3, the lady in the water, and very much king kong...ok maybe even big mommas house 2 lol

what is lady in the water about...a girl living in some peoples pool right?

#1 eh?? well lets celebrate :D

original5.jpg

Who will you stand with on May 26th? Will you help them(X-men) make the last stand or will you join the brotherhood of Evil Mutants?

DarknessOfDeath said:
#1 eh?? well lets celebrate :D

original5.jpg

Who will you stand with on May 26th? Will you help them(X-men) make the last stand or will you join the brotherhood of Evil Mutants?
Nah I'll just watch the movie.:up:

BTW, nice avatar Andrew, just strip her down a bit.;)

How many times are you going to post your manip, Andrew? :p

Well... I just thought... -sighs- it'll get us into the spirit of X-men MORE and look forward to the movie even MORE! :D

DarknessOfDeath said:
Well... I just thought... -sighs- it'll get us into the spirit of X-men MORE and look forward to the movie even MORE! :D
Okay I'll get into the second level of spirit for X-men 3 if you strip down Jennifer Gardner in your avatar. Fair?

j/k :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"