X3's competition getting slammed by critics!

FYI, the Davinci code is sold out for friday night and saturday night in my area..........

I was planning to see Da Vinci today, but I'd rather save my money for X3.

I never planned to see this movie unless it got great reviews, and now that it hasn't I'm probably not seeing it.

Who would have thought DVC would be in contention to be the worst reviewed movie of the year!?!

This might be the first time i've gone to rottentomatoes and am greeted with a 00% rating

I am very pleasantly surprised. :D

N_z0 said:
Who would have thought DVC would be in contention to be the worst reviewed movie of the year!?!

This might be the first time i've gone to rottentomatoes and am greeted with a 00% rating

I am very pleasantly surprised. :D
Smae with me. I thought that it was a mistake when I first saw the 00% by DVC this morning.

I really don't want to talk about film critics and the Da Vinci Code. For i plan to see X-men 3 and The Code the same day. I will save my judgement on both until then.

I however will say who cares if the critics like a movie or not. I am going to see both films no matter what cannes critics say. I am by no means picking on average movie fan critics but the ones like Ebert/Roeper.

BloodyWolverine said:
I really don't want to talk about film critics and the Da Vinci Code. For i plan to see X-men 3 and The Code the same day. I will save my judgement on both until then.

I however will say who cares if the critics like a movie or not. I am going to see both films no matter what cannes critics say. I am by no means picking on average movie fan critics but the ones like Ebert/Roeper.

critics slammed Star wars when it first came out....

they do this alot, I beleive Fight Club was panned by critics too, and now that's a cult classic

IMDB users are giving it nine and ten stars out of ten, though.

IMDB?...Pfft...I can't trust those guys sometime.. :p I mean, look at the movies on the top 250...

-TNC

TNC9852002 said:
IMDB?...Pfft...I can't trust those guys sometime.. :p I mean, look at the movies on the top 250...

-TNC
I knew someone was gonna say that. :p

I was just saying.

JokerNick said:
critics slammed Star wars when it first came out....

they do this alot, I beleive Fight Club was panned by critics too, and now that's a cult classic

The Fight Club wasn't panned. Some critics hated it (Ebert had called it a nazi movie I think) but it still had an 81% at RT which means that the vast majority of critics loved it.

The DaVinci code sounds like a Razzie contender.

Maybe this is only a coincidence that the first 7 reviews are all rotten, but the next 50 could be all fresh... :D

-TNC

The Da Vinci Code can't be that bad, I can see it getting negative reviews but a 0% fresh rating? We should wait until more reviews come out before judging it..

TNC9852002 said:
Maybe this is only a coincidence that the first 7 reviews are all rotten, but the next 50 could be all fresh... :D

-TNC

I doubt it. It sounds like the DaVinci code is getting the Memoirs of a geisha treatment (which btw was a truly awful film).

mutant said:
The Fight Club wasn't panned. Some critics hated it (Ebert had called it a nazi movie I think) but it still had an 81% at RT which means that the vast majority of critics loved it.

The DaVinci code sounds like a Razzie contender.

internet critics gave it good reviews.............., popular critics gave it an average of 61%, which isn't being panned, but the big name critics slammed in pretty hard

I think its funny that DaVinci has eight reviews already, and a 0% rating. What a Turkey!
I suspect X3 will have a BARELY fresh rating overall, and probably a rotten rating from critics.
I think the summer box offices is going to tank this year. But I suspect X3 will be ahead of the curve, and a definite profit, but not a runaway success like was predicted.
JokerNick said:
internet critics gave it good reviews.............., popular critics gave it an average of 61%, which isn't being panned, but the big name critics slammed in pretty hard
You have to keep in mind that with older films, the numbers are way skewed as not all critics are surveyed and links are taken down. Usually the ones that stay up are the ones where the critics feel really strongly about the film.
As for Ebert on Fight Club, this is coming from the same guy that gave Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey a really good *** review

Yeah, you could be right, mutant...

Whenever I start to track a movie's ratings on RT, the first few ratings (around 10) usually become indication of the movie's final critic score in the end (or when around 150 critic reviews are in)...

It was kinda like when Fantastic Four's critic reviews starting coming in.. :(

I find the Users % score to be closer to the true film quality, if not more though...So, maybe the average of the critics and users score on RT is the best way to judge a movie (if you're using rottentomatoes as a gauge)...

-TNC

it's probably from the high expectations

why are people happy that the competition is getting bad reviews????

do you understand this

1) Hollywood is concerned that they aren't making enought money, when expensive, highly anticipated movies fail, studios lose money and are less willing to do other "expensive" projects

2) the general movie adudience will get a bad taste in their mouth, making them more careful of other movie coming out, making them possibly wait or the DVD release of these summer movies.

3) if these movie don't make decent money, movie theaters in general will be hesistent on playing a movie a much as they used too, instead of a movie being played on 3 screens, they move it down to 2 or maybe 1 screen if no ones seeing it

Basically, I hope all these movies do well, competition will only make for better movies for us to watch

^ Nobody here is judging the film because we haven't seen it. We're commenting about how others have judged it. 7 of 7 negative reviews with all the same complaints. It's looking like a sub 40% rating for sure. Now don't forget there's a handful of Christian movie review sites that have yet to post there reviews that will show up on RT. LOL

Advanced Dark said:
^ Nobody here is judging the film because we haven't seen it. We're commenting about how others have judged it. 7 of 7 negative reviews with all the same complaints. It's looking like a sub 40% rating for sure. Now don't forget there's a handful of Christian movie review sites that have yet to post there reviews that will show up on RT. LOL

no, but people are happy, thinking that bad reviews of other films will help out x3.......... it may it's first week, but after that, nope

if you want to read a interesting article, read this

http://www.efilmcritic.com/feature.php?feature=1812

basically it shows how internet critics are scabs, they are basically giving good reviews in order to get their name quoted with movies, it's a good read... it's long, but scroll down to the "qoutes" these critics give, they basically use the same qoute over and over again for different movies......

^ These aren't internet critics on Rottentomatoes. Though some of them are....All the legit critics are there. Those are the one's noted as "Cream of the Crop" all of which are negative right now for DaVinci and surely some for x3 will be there too.

JokerNick said:
no, but people are happy, thinking that bad reviews of other films will help out x3.......... it may it's first week, but after that, nope

Put it this way.

#1 Bad reviews of DaVinci aren't going to hurt X3. It's assured now that if X3 does get more negative reviews than positive that it won't be alone.

#2 The first week X3 will make likely 50%+ of it's money depending upon repeat viewings and how good it's legs are. After 7 days X3 should have around 120-140 million in the bag.

Anyways we know this story arc is ending so whenever the next arc starts I'm sure Fox will be thinking of Trilogy from the beginning. This was a fabricated trilogy that wasn't even thought of that way from the start. Still fun though.

I think the problem is that most people had great expectations for The DaVinci Code, while the movie not being bad it certainly didn't live up to the hype.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"