Xenforo Help Thread

@C. Lee I use the "light blue" theme ( you switched it for me times ago ), do you know if it will revert back to the default theme if I update my avatar/signature ? I'm asking because it happened back then and you had to switch the theme again.

Nah, not sure if it will happen or not....but just send me a message if it does and I'll change it back....no charge.

@C. Lee please change my default theme to "light blue" theme, I recently changed my avatar and it reverted back to default theme, which I tried for couple of weeks but now I want that light Blue theme back again. Thanks.

What was the old content management system called again before it switched to XenForo? Was it a php system or something else? I get the feeling it was something that began with a "V".

Early in xenforo days the ignore function used to completely hide posts from people on ignore, even in posts quoting members you want ignored. I want that ability back instead of just hiding the content of their posts while showing their name, avatar, and more..

Back when the forums got updated in 2018 I thought that there was an issue with the fact that the search function for older posts was never restored... You could still see your avatar on forum threads posted in yet couldn't search posts older than the date the forums were updated at.

Now, about a few weeks back there was some forum re-organization. I was told that the search function would be restored a few years back and it wasn't. This time I also heard that. With all due respect I have say that based on past precedent this seems increasingly unlikely as time goes by.

I put a "like" on other users posts that I liked. Therefore, I should be able to look at recent activity years back as a sort of bookmark for liked content. Similarly, it doesn't encourage quality posts I think if people can't search past user posts beyond a certain date whenever forums are re-organized. There's an obvious workload issue with the new forums after the overhaul in 2018.

I think that it is a messageboard of course and stuff gets deleted over time but when there's a sudden loss of ability to find stuff (not saying deleted unless of course forums are removed which is a different scenario) it really is an issue I find that other users here don't seem to care about whatsoever as I haven't seen it mentioned by anyone else surprisingly and that informs me people don't really care at all it seems about finding past posts or areas bookmarked from other people's posts liked as well... It doesn't encourage content and I hope it's fixed this time around.

I think that it is a messageboard of course and stuff gets deleted over time but when there's a sudden loss of ability to find stuff (not saying deleted unless of course forums are removed which is a different scenario) it really is an issue I find that other users here don't seem to care about whatsoever as I haven't seen it mentioned by anyone else surprisingly and that informs me people don't really care at all it seems about finding past posts or areas bookmarked from other people's posts liked as well... It doesn't encourage content and I hope it's fixed this time around.
I did highlight peoples missing post histories a few weeks back on another thread. @C. Lee was looking into it.

I did highlight peoples missing post histories a few weeks back on another thread. @C. Lee was looking into it.

Back in 2018, I was told that this would be fixed after the forum update. It never was. It being temporary is what I heard back in 2018 from a moderator on this tech. forum yet things just stayed the same afterwards. All due respect but the main thing different this time is it's an administrator who commented on this so we'll see.

After 2018 I just sort of guessed the following (just a guess)
:
The newer system I wonder if maybe might not be designed for search engine queries to sync over after a move-around and perhaps require massive time consuming work to fix after that would take so long it's not worth it...? Or a move around needs be done a certain way...?

The actual comments I've seen on this mainly are along the lines of:
The search engine queries being worked on and told to be patient is the general response which is fine but I do question when is the time to ask again as 2018 just kind of didn't ask afterwards yet really no update on from what I am able to find.
This time around of course more recent so I would guess if we don't hear any updates on it the rest of this year then that would mean it's pretty much unlikely search engine will be able to find older posts this time around after most recent move around.

I didn't realize I was supposed to personally contact you and tell you every single time I have sent a PM to the tech guys telling them it isn't fixed and then tell you every single time they reply that they are working on it. This is just one of multiple boards they work on. I tell them we have a problem....they say they are checking into it. The staff here are unpaid volunteers....we can't go out and hire a new tech team like we are the CEO of General Motors.

The only time I've talked directly with you on this specifically (1 comment) is in the username thread and figured this was the appropriate place as it was mentioned to check the other threads on this separate subject. I don't think I've ever tried to PM pertaining to this specifically nor would expect a PM as just check-in on the updated Xenforo help pg. like anyone else.

Last edited:
Has anyone else had an issue with pages loading very slowing or not at all, being redirected to the Community forum after clicking a link, posts taking a long time to submit, or notifications not loading? I've been having all these issues for the last week or a little longer. When I'm logged out, there are no problems with pages loading and things run smooth. Once I log in, the problems start. It's just slightly better when browsing on my laptop compared to mobile I've noticed.

A mod has helped by changing my layout but it hasn't fixed it. Just curious if anyone has had similar problems.

i haven't had any issues like that.

when was the last time you cleared your cache? i usually do that at least once a month or every other month

Please tell me how to put a spoiler on this forum. Because on the control panel in the answer form I did not find such a function ...:oops:

Please tell me how to put a spoiler on this forum. Because on the control panel in the answer form I did not find such a function ...:oops:
There are two ways. You can type out the tags yourself, which look like this: [ spoiler ] enter your spoilers here [/ spoiler ]. Just remove the spaces in the tags.

OR

You can look for the button on top of the reply box that looks like a square with a "+" in it. That's the "insert" button. And you'll see one of the options to insert is "spoiler."

I wonder if it is possible to be able to mark certain threads that will always get you a notification/alert for every reply that thread gets? I feel like more and more I check the alerts tab and I don't feel like going through the "All Watched Threads" section to find the thread I'm subscribed to that I'm looking for.

Threads created by people on my ignore list are hidden by default. I would like to always see these threads, while keeping the content of the ignored users' posts hidden, without needing to click on "Show Ignored Content" each time I load a forum. Is there a setting that I can adjust to accomplish this?

On my Preferences page, the checkboxes do not include this as an option. The "Style" dropdown menu says "You may view the site in any of the styles provided here", which sounds promising, but it only contains the one option "Use default style: SuperHeroHype (NEW)".

The xenForo website has a suggestion that sounds like what I'm looking for:

XF 2.1 How to make it show all threads even by someone that's ignored?

Just add this to Style templates extra.less:

Code:
Code:
div .is-ignored.structItem--thread {
    display: table !important;
    background-color: #efefef;
}

Is this something that I can edit on my side, or would it need to be configured on the server side and offered as an option in the Style menu? Would it be possible for SuperHeroHype to implement this?

Has anyone else had an issue with pages loading very slowing or not at all, being redirected to the Community forum after clicking a link, posts taking a long time to submit, or notifications not loading? I've been having all these issues for the last week or a little longer. When I'm logged out, there are no problems with pages loading and things run smooth. Once I log in, the problems start. It's just slightly better when browsing on my laptop compared to mobile I've noticed.

A mod has helped by changing my layout but it hasn't fixed it. Just curious if anyone has had similar problems.

I've had these issues, except for the laptop one, since the server migration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"