Yes! Piccolo Will Be Green! (Marsters Confirms)

JP

Smelly
Reaction score
TV Guide: You're plunging into a big sci-fi feature next. Can you talk about the live-action Dragonball?
Marsters:
Dragonball is the coolest television cartoon in the last 50,000 years. Its only failing is that the female characters aren't drawn well — we're going to fix that in the movie. It's got a Shakespearean sense of good and evil and there are incredible action scenes with characters of unbelievable power. It's going to be really visually exciting. I was told the budget is about $100 million.

TV Guide: Nice to know you're so enthusiastic. Who do you play?
Marsters:
Lord Piccolo. He's thousands of years old and a very long time ago he used to be a force of good but got into a bad argument and was put into prison for 2,000 years. It got him very angry, and he finds a way to escape and then tries to destroy the world. The cool thing is, anybody who has seen Dragonball knows that Lord Piccolo transforms into a character named Piccolo, and that is a whole other ball of wax. That is one of the most popular characters in the whole series. I've been told I'm working for people who will just flay me alive if I give too much information, but what I can tell you is the character is green, bald and has pointed ears. Heroic wouldn't be the wrong term by the end, but it's a long journey.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/james-marsters-smallville/080130-02

Yeeeeeaaaahoooooo!

Oh, thank you, Mr. Marsters, for disclosing this information to us at the risk of having your skin flayed off your body. It's so nice to finally be thrown a frickin' bone. -tears it apart like a rabid doberman-

And thank you, JP, for bringing it to light. ;) :up:

I don't want picollo turning by the end of this movie...

:(

He'll be green for like 2 minutes. I guarantee it.

When he says
James Marsters said:
Heroic wouldn't be the wrong term by the end, but it's a long journey.
that almost makes me wonder if they're planning on slipping Raditz into the very end and picking up the sequel with Nappa and Vegeta.

...That seems awful rushy. I hope that's not what he's referring to.

I could definitely see them doing a Trilogy of just the Saiyan Saga.

I could definitely see them doing a Trilogy of just the Saiyan Saga.

I can't. There's nothing there.

Everybody Trains. Saiyans Come. Everybody Dies. Goku arrives and saves the day. How you gonna make a trilogy out of that?

I'm glad Piccolo will be green tho. And I'm happy that Marsters KNOWS the difference between King Piccolo and Piccolo Jr!!!! That was cool. :hehe:

I can't. There's nothing there.

Everybody Trains. Saiyans Come. Everybody Dies. Goku arrives and saves the day. How you gonna make a trilogy out of that?

I'm glad Piccolo will be green tho. And I'm happy that Marsters KNOWS the difference between King Piccolo and Piccolo Jr!!!! That was cool. :hehe:

Easy, we already have the first movie.

2nd Movie, first half is Radditz, second half is Goku's journey

3rd Movie, Vegeta and Nappa.

I think that the entire second movie is going to be the Saiyan Saga, with the third being the Frieza Saga. People need to remember that with TV shows, most of it is filler. If they did the Saiyan Saga as 2 movies, it'd feel like a drag to me.

This is amazing news. My respect for James Marsters has just rised.

I wonder if "bald" means, besides not having hair, no antennae either. I don't really mind either way, but its just a curious thought :p.

I wonder if "bald" means, besides not having hair, no antennae either. I don't really mind either way, but its just a curious thought :p.
... no pleasing some people.

I think that the entire second movie is going to be the Saiyan Saga, with the third being the Frieza Saga. People need to remember that with TV shows, most of it is filler. If they did the Saiyan Saga as 2 movies, it'd feel like a drag to me.

Precisely. The anime spanned much longer than the manga. Nearly half the Namek Saga was filler. I'm thinking the same as almost everyone else. They'll likely introduce and wrap up Piccolo Daimao's story in this first one, leaving us with Piccolo Jr.

The beginning of the sequel will handle Raditz, with the meat of the story encompassing the one-year gap between Goku's death and the arrival of Nappa and Vegeta, then the big showdown. I could maybe see them making two films out of the Namek Saga and Frieza Saga, giving it an Empire/Jedi-type treatment, but I don't see them making anymore than four films out of this, at the most. We're most likely to get a trilogy out of the entire story. And I'd be cool with that, I like trilogies.

Precisely. The anime spanned much longer than the manga. Nearly half the Namek Saga was filler. I'm thinking the same as almost everyone else. They'll likely introduce and wrap up Piccolo Daimao's story in this first one, leaving us with Piccolo Jr.

The beginning of the sequel will handle Raditz, with the meat of the story encompassing the one-year gap between Goku's death and the arrival of Nappa and Vegeta, then the big showdown. I could maybe see them making two films out of the Namek Saga and Frieza Saga, giving it an Empire/Jedi-type treatment, but I don't see them making anymore than four films out of this, at the most. We're most likely to get a trilogy out of the entire story. And I'd be cool with that, I like trilogies.

We're only going to get sequels if the first film is a success, fiscally and critically. I'm not expecting it to be a four star, oscar winning, box office dominating blockbuster, but I think if the general consensus is that it was a fun and well-crafted film that breaks the $85-120 million domestically (and maybe $300 million worldwide), there is a market for the sequel(s).

It would be cool if Raditz came in the last half hour of the film, and near his death warned them of 2 stronger Saiyans coming, setting up the second film. That's just me.

Well, yeah. Of course it'll depend on success. But I'm saying best case scenario, I don't think they'd go any further than a trilogy. Four movies, at the very most.

I don't want to see Raditz in this first one, except in a cliffhanger. It'd just be so rushed that way. Fox would be sending a crystal clear message that they don't give two poops and a half about Dragon Ball and just want to get to DBZ as quickly as possible.

The cliffhanger is what's important. We should get a five-years-later caption after the credits with a quick 10-second scene of Raditz' Saiyan space pod entering Earth's atmosphere.

until i dont see him green i will not belive it.

and yes there is a chance that he willl be green in hte final battle.

p.s.: are you f... kidding me?the second movie needs to have SSJ. end of story. freezer should be the villain in the sequel. or at least vegeta and the nat the end you can have freezer. but dont come me wiht raditz. thats not right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"