yet more motorstorm pics

Danalys

Sol Invictus
Reaction score
never seen motion blur and DOF done this well before.
2004029746796370689_rs.jpg

2004089231975061312_rs.jpg

2004080756425844409_rs.jpg

2002518065264366553_rs.jpg

2002587923582165379_rs.jpg

2002531032240275208_rs.jpg

2002531495436021893_rs.jpg

The motion blur is used to hide the fact the graphics aren't all that special.

the motion blur is what makes them special. wouldn't be anything like reality without it. they can save on detail in the moments when things would be blurred; why render what you wouldn't see in the final shot anyway? but there is still plenty of detail when there is no motion blur aparent.

Wow it looks even better now. This game already looked awesome in motion over 6 months ago...

Zenien said:
Wow it looks even better now. This game already looked awesome in motion over 6 months ago...

IT WOULD APPEAR THAT THE "COCKPIT VIEW" SCREEN IS THE ONLY TRUE "GAMEPLAY" SHOT; IT LOOKS NOTICABLY LESS DETAILED, WITH NO BLUR EFFECTS. THE REST LOOKS LIKE WHAT EVERY RACER FOR THE PAST DECADE HAS DONE.......REPLAY THE ACTION, WITH CINEMATIC FLARE, BETTER DRAMATIC CAMERA ANGLES, AND ADDED EFFECTS. 'PGR3', 'FORZA', 'GT4', ETC......THEY ALL DO IT.

It looks a heckuvalot closer to those initial "target renders" we saw at PS3's unveiling than it did earlier.

Does this mean that graphics similar to that Killzone video could be within reach?

Toward the end of the PS3 cycle I think we'll see games coming close.

Timstuff said:
It looks a heckuvalot closer to those initial "target renders" we saw at PS3's unveiling than it did earlier.

Does this mean that graphics similar to that Killzone video could be within reach?

SIMILAR, YES.......BUT THAT'S AN ARBITRARY TERM.

we've seen less impressive stills from video footage with similar blur. this is a natural progression thwip* there's less blur in the first shot because the cars have similar motion relative to each other. racing games allow more than just driver's seat view. heck this ones got bikes you should be able to look around all over using the second thumbstick. it's been shown that you can look around while playing when it was publically demoed last.

but you know trying to say it's not ingame is the biggest compliment really if it actually is in game.

Danalys said:
but you know trying to say it's not ingame is the biggest compliment really if it actually is in game.

He didnt say the shots are not ingame. He said only one apppears to be actual gameplay.

Mentok said:
He didnt say the shots are not ingame. He said only one apppears to be actual gameplay.

IT'S NOT HIS FAULT......I NEVER SHOULD'VE EXPECTED HIM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE. :o

There wasn't any difference between their gameplay version and trailer version back at E3. They're probably exactly what to expect in Gameplay.

Gameplay video anyone?
I love wacky rally-like racers like this, and not Gran Borismo type stuff.

Well THWIP will argue that they must be doing a GT or Forza style replay situation, but at E3 there was no difference between their Gameplay graphics and what they used in their trailer, so chances of them doing significant upgradibng of the graphics for replay mode seems low.

For all intents and purposes, yes, it is. Screenshots don't do the game justice, they don't seem to have their damage modelling complete in that trailer.

How does one upgradibng?

<----He's watching you, still waiting :o

i ment "in game while playing" which is the same as gameplay, other wise i would have said in engine. so :p

Zenien said:
Well THWIP will argue that they must be doing a GT or Forza style replay situation, but at E3 there was no difference between their Gameplay graphics and what they used in their trailer, so chances of them doing significant upgradibng of the graphics for replay mode seems low.

For all intents and purposes, yes, it is. Screenshots don't do the game justice, they don't seem to have their damage modelling complete in that trailer.

Holy crap, color me impressed then :eek:

I have to say this visually the best PS3 game so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"