"You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Now I knew that Tom auditioned and wanted to be Thor but had no idea that Chris wants to be Loki apparently. LOL

tumblr_m53n5gB1wP1r2zo95o1_500_large.gif

God Chris stop being so adorably funny! :p

Glad Hemsworth won

but I'm sad that Chris Evans never seems to get any Avengers-love

Well, Cap doesn't exactly like the lime light anyway, I'm sure he's content :D

Glad Hemsworth won

but I'm sad that Chris Evans never seems to get any Avengers-love

Especially since Cap had more screentime than any other person in the movie, including Robert Downey Jr.

But hey, Hemsworth doesn't get his fair share either most of the love goes to Hulk and Iron Man.

Agreed :up:

I hope this is a good indicator that Thor 2 will be much more successful than the first based on Chris' rise in popularity.

Exactly what I am thinking as well. He most certainly is one of the "alpha male stars" of holywood. I actually wouldn't be surpised if Thor 2 makes within 100m of Ironman 3.

Especially since Cap had more screentime than any other person in the movie, including Robert Downey Jr.

But hey, Hemsworth doesn't get his fair share either most of the love goes to Hulk and Iron Man.

Ironman gets the love because of RDJ. Hulk was Hulk. The fact that Thor came into the movie 40 min in, and still got a decent amount of recognition, that's fine by me. :up:

Exactly what I am thinking as well. He most certainly is one of the "alpha male stars" of holywood. I actually wouldn't be surpised if Thor 2 makes within 100m of Ironman 3.
That would be good!

Ironman gets the love because of RDJ. Hulk was Hulk. The fact that Thor came into the movie 40 min in, and still got a decent amount of recognition, that's fine by me. :up:

True. He was great with the time he had.

Seriously ^. I remember when people were complaining about Hemsworth being a terrible casting choice back in early 2010

Seriously ^. I remember when people were complaining about Hemsworth being a terrible casting choice back in early 2010

Luckily I was not one of them, Hemsworth seemed like a great fit from the get go to me.

However I never thought he would knock it out of the park the way he did, in my opinion he IS Thor.

I think that had more to do with the fact that when he was cast he hadn't bulked himself up yet and was more or less a tall, skinny beanpole. ;)

Luckily I was not one of them, Hemsworth seemed like a great fit from the get go to me.

However I never thought he would knock it out of the park the way he did, in my opinion he IS Thor.

Well I've read many people say that Chris is to Thor for them like how Chris Reeve is Superman to so many still today and that says a lot.

Oh my God, I do too. They were saying he was too small to be Thor and that Thor needed to be played by some massive guy, like Triple H.

I could tell Chris had the capacity to get big for the role when I saw his shoulders fill the screen in Star Trek.

And that's why I no longer listen to opinions from people who suggest Wrestlers to star in movies

well, except maybe Rock... he gets a pass for certain roles

I still wish HHH had been one of the guys along with Stan Lee, to try lift Mjolnir in the crater (and obviously fail). Thought it would have been hilariously tongue-in-cheek.

And that's why I no longer listen to opinions from people who suggest Wrestlers to star in movies

well, except maybe Rock... he gets a pass for certain roles

Yeah The Rock is actually a decent actor and definately shines in roles suited for him.

I still wish HHH had been one of the guys along with Stan Lee, to try lift Mjolnir in the crater (and obviously fail). Thought it would have been hilariously tongue-in-cheek.

Hell yeah. that Triple H addition to that scene would've been golden.

So we know by reports that we'll be seeing Tony kind of suffering somewhat of a delayed Post Traumatic Distress from the events of "The Avengers" in Iron Man 3, where one of the things that's been affecting him to that point is probably on how he had come across several powerful adversaries and allies during that time.

So my question is, how do you guys think Thor should be affected from the events of "The Avengers"? Should his mentality be different from those events and if so how?

The only psychological change I'd want is for him to have more of a "yeah whatever Loki, you do that again and I'm going to smash you straight back to jail" type attitude.

The rest of Thor's behaviour etc should be based on the events of TDW.
I especially don't want the actual battle in Avengers to have any psychological effect on him - It's so far from his 'first rodeo' *cough* that he's hopefully 'used to it' a bit.

Yeah, if Thor had PTSD, he would've gotten it thousands of years ago
He should just be a bit more of a hardass, and more of a seasoned warrior, not as surprised by the things he sees on the battlefield, and like Bren said, colder towards Loki

So we know by reports that we'll be seeing Tony kind of suffering somewhat of a delayed Post Traumatic Distress from the events of "The Avengers" in Iron Man 3, where one of the things that's been affecting him to that point is probably on how he had come across several powerful adversaries and allies during that time.

So my question is, how do you guys think Thor should be affected from the events of "The Avengers"? Should his mentality be different from those events and if so how?

He shouldn't be affected. He's a seasoned warrior of atleast 800 years. I'm sure he's fought bigger battles

The only psychological change I'd want is for him to have more of a "yeah whatever Loki, you do that again and I'm going to smash you straight back to jail" type attitude.

The rest of Thor's behaviour etc should be based on the events of TDW.
I especially don't want the actual battle in Avengers to have any psychological effect on him - It's so far from his 'first rodeo' *cough* that he's hopefully 'used to it' a bit.

He should just be a bit more of a hardass, and more of a seasoned warrior, not as surprised by the things he sees on the battlefield, and like Bren said, colder towards Loki

bingo

I have to agree. Realistically there should be only so much ****e Thor should be able to take from Loki and not just tell him he's had enough of it and to get over himself.

But he's still not black enough to play Luke Cage :argh:.
As for the whole PTSD thing, Thor is a god- he can just brush the events off and get on with doing godly stuff.

But he's still not black enough to play Luke Cage :argh:.
As for the whole PTSD thing, Thor is a god- he can just brush the events off and get on with doing godly stuff.

which is probably exactly what he is going to do in TDW, until more battles occur

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"