"You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

movie pulls in over a billion not including blu-ray/dvd/online (flixster amazon) sales
Evans and Hemsworth make less then a million?
something hilariously wrong with that.

movie pulls in over a billion not including blu-ray/dvd/online (flixster amazon) sales

There really isn't anything wrong or unusual about it at all. Do you you think that if a company makes a profit it should automatically share all that profit with its employees, despite having a wage contract in place? That's not how business works.

heh they get sued? I mean they signed contracts that got them famous and made them worth more in the long run so they CAN ask for more from OTHER company's.
I still think it's still all rumor until THEY say something.

From that article you send me, RDJ is trying to negotiate with Marvel for more salary... for the OTHERS. I hope this is true. Cause they won't like to loose him and the others as well. Or their entire movie universe will crash. Negotiating is one thing, but yes, they will get sued if they are not following the contract.

This is what I mean. Keeping the costs low is one thing, but he is the main actor! He just HAS to get more... considering how much they make with the movie(s). And what he has to do for it. This is just so wrong.

Last edited:
For those that have seen "Iron Man 3", anyone else liked the references that they made about Thor? Despite on how some can argue that the first "Thor" film didn't have the needed budget in order to properly create the scope that the story was telling in full form, let alone on how small the scale of the Destroyer sequence was regarding the town in New Mexico, the events of "Thor", let alone Thor himself, have definitely been established into having been a "game changer" for the MCU.

For those that have seen "Iron Man 3", anyone else liked the references that they made about Thor? Despite on how some can argue that the first "Thor" film didn't have the needed budget in order to properly create the scope that the story was telling in full form, let alone on how small the scale of the Destroyer sequence was regarding the town in New Mexico, the events of "Thor", let alone Thor himself, have definitely been established into having been a "game changer" for the MCU.

The Destroyer battle is really the only part of the film where you could feel the restricted budget. I'd say they Frost Giant battle was pretty big in scale there just was alot of green screen which has nothing to do with the budget.

The Destroyer battle is really the only part of the film where you could feel the restricted budget. I'd say they Frost Giant battle was pretty big in scale there just was alot of green screen which has nothing to do with the budget.

True, if anything, I'd say that had more to do with the director since I think that if Kenneth had more experience when it came to filming those types of action scenes in general and if the Frost Giants didn't require CGI to enhance their tall appearances, that we could have gone for a mixture of CGI and real world locations to create that battle sequence like how Alan Taylor is doing for Thor's sequel.

True, if anything, I'd say that had more to do with the director since I think that if Kenneth had more experience when it came to filming those types of action scenes in general and if the Frost Giants didn't require CGI to enhance their tall appearances, that we could have gone for a mixture of CGI and real world locations to create that battle sequence like how Alan Taylor is doing for Thor's sequel.

Yeah that's why I say Thor's scale not being huge wasn't just because of the budget, I believe if Alan Taylor ahd a hudget of 15 million his Thor film would've looked bigger thaan Kenneth's.

However Kenneth did far more good than bad, Ken brought fantastic performances from the cast. He also gave us cool set and costume designs as well pretty good action, especially the Jotunhiem battle,

I think the reference is mainly about how the presence of Thor has opened up their minds to a larger universe, rather than Thor himself wreaking havoc. The latter part is of course not insignificant as it affects that what's out there is more powerful than humans, but I still think the main point is that there's things out there and Earth is affected. That very same presence is what caused the events in The Avengers as well, as it was after all Thor's brother who brought it to Earth.

Mjölnir;25846859 said:
I think the reference is mainly about how the presence of Thor has opened up their minds to a larger universe, rather than Thor himself wreaking havoc. The latter part is of course not insignificant as it affects that what's out there is more powerful than humans, but I still think the main point is that there's things out there and Earth is affected. That very same presence is what caused the events in The Avengers as well, as it was after all Thor's brother who brought it to Earth.

True, but in that same sense, Thor was responsible, albeit unintentionally, of triggering the events that led to everyone on Earth discovering about the larger universe since he did get himself banished and start the series of actions that would lead to Loki's own downfall as well.

Thor wasnt responsible .
Odin was
WHo sent Thor to Earth with the intent of him him returning to power thru the power of the most powerful weapon earth had ever witnessed?

This also makes me wonder if they will ever bring up that Thor's mother is Gaea, and how it means that he has a stronger inherent connection to Midgard/Earth than any other Asgardian? I guess that's not too likely since they seem to want to go more cosmic with Thor than the other Avengers, so it's likely Frigg that's his mother in the MCU.

I hope they bring Gaea in sooner or later in SOME fashion.
It's really to bad there's not more time to explain ALL the myth of Marvel Asgardians.

I seriously doubt they will include the Gaia aspect. For one, it would require introducing another set of god-beings that otherwise don't contribute to the plot. For another, it would create the questionable situation where neither of Frigga's children are hers.

Thor wasnt responsible .
Odin was
WHo sent Thor to Earth with the intent of him him returning to power thru the power of the most powerful weapon earth had ever witnessed?

I think no matter the facts, Thor has always blamed himself partly for what Loki does. He feels responsible, cause Loki hates him and therefore brings mortals and asgardians in great danger. Whatever bad things Loki does Thor still thinks he could have done just MORE to save Loki and to turn him into a good person.

Yes, but, Odin never stopped Thor from doing so either.
Odin's notorious for allowing people to think what they THINK is the truth when it might not actually be the truth at all.

Last edited:
Odin's notorious for allowing people to think what they THINK is the truth when it might not actually be the truth at all.

This is very very VERY true :up:

This is very very VERY true :up:

I kind of hope to see more of this take place in the sequel, where Thor calls out Odin's moral ambiguity, especially now that Thor has learned humility himself. I wouldn't be surprised if TDW ends with Thor leaving Odin on his own free will as a result of being disheartened by how Odin continues to operate things.

Yeah in a way I do too, but deep down, I'd love to see a mash up of the death of Odin/the Reigning arcs with these Darkelves and then Thor 3 could have the King Thor/Rune Thor and Surtur

Yeah in a way I do too, but deep down, I'd love to see a mash up of the death of Odin/the Reigning arcs with these Darkelves and then Thor 3 could have the King Thor/Rune Thor and Surtur

Indeed, especially since we only have Chris signed on for 6 Marvel Films and I'd like to see one entire film where he was King of Asgard rather than end it on him becoming King. Plus, I'm sure it's no easy thing on getting Hopkins to keep appearing in these things.

I've wanted to see King Thor in Thor 3 since day one, I'd have Surtur killing Odin at the beginning of the film. This way Odin dies at the hands of Surtur and Thor could ascend to the throne literally and symbollically by facing his father's foe.

While it's very cool the problem that presents is that it might make Thor too powerful for TA3.

Mjölnir;25878439 said:
While it's very cool the problem that presents is that it might make Thor too powerful for TA3.

Not unless he's going up against Thanos with the infinity gauntlet since that would allow Thor to go on even footing with the dude.

Not unless he's going up against Thanos with the infinity gauntlet since that would allow Thor to go on even footing with the dude.
Yes, but of what use would the other Avengers be in that scenario?

Mjölnir;25878439 said:

Exactly :woot:

Thanos will be most likely wielding the IG in A3 which would be a threat level more than worthy of King Thor. King Thor playing a huge part in the big guy's defeat would show the general public just how powerful Thor really is.

Mjölnir;25878439 said:
Not if Thanos has the Infinity Gauntlet lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"