"You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

As much as I love Thor & Avengers, I have to say, his TDW look really is the best so far.

Not surprising considering that they both have a better budget to work with and that they're not afraid this time in diving completely into the material, which wasn't the case with the first film since they were just treading waters due to being unsure as to how the general audiences would react to the character.

As much as I love Thor & Avengers, I have to say, his TDW look really is the best so far.
Agree new look is a great improvement. I, do not like Avengers one at all btw. In fact, I was tempted by Hot Toys figurine but that attire+crippled articulation(arms not bendable at elbows) turned me off. Hope that TDW Hot Toys figurine would be better, but suspect articulation problem again...

I can tell you as an uninitiated general audience member I too was questioning how a movie based on Marvel's Thor could work. You see, I was an avid reader of the X-Men books and Spider-man titles with a few DC titles like Batman, Superman and Catwoman as my core titles I liked. All I knew about Thor was that he was a Norse God with a hammer, thanks due in part to that Bixby Hulk crossover movie. I recall just thinking how would they pull this off and not be hokey and ridiculous. I guess it is a pleasant surprise that it turned out to be a really good fantasy/adventure film.

Agree new look is a great improvement. I, do not like Avengers one at all btw. In fact, I was tempted by Hot Toys figurine but that attire+crippled articulation(arms not bendable at elbows) turned me off. Hope that TDW Hot Toys figurine would be better, but suspect articulation problem again...

Yeah, I thought Thor's Avengers Costume looked better when it was animated or drawn, but not so much on the actual film since it came off looking too plastic in certain areas of the armor that was noticeable at many times during the film for me.

I can tell you as an uninitiated general audience member I too was questioning how a movie based on Marvel's Thor could work. You see, I was an avid reader of the X-Men books and Spider-man titles with a few DC titles like Batman, Superman and Catwoman as my core titles I liked. All I knew about Thor was that he was a Norse God with a hammer, thanks due in part to that Bixby Hulk crossover movie. I recall just thinking how would they pull this off and not be hokey and ridiculous. I guess it is a pleasant surprise that it turned out to be a really good fantasy/adventure film.

If anything, I thought that they would mimic or borrow some elements from the "Lord of the Rings" series in order to create the tone and atmosphere for the first film.

I did feel that Marvel was trying to really play it safe with the first film, hence why they held back on certain elements, let alone giving a simple version of what was rather a complicated story filled with many layers of the Thor Mythology.

In the end, what really made this franchise get to where it is now is the performances of Chris and Tom, along with the added boost in popularity from "The Avengers" imho.

I think Ken Branagh's precision grasp of realizing both the melodramatic, fantasy world of Asgard and mundanity of the real world really helped the film be credible to the general audience as well.

Yeah; if the theories are true that Thor either settles on Earth (momentarily in the long run) at the end of TDW or even decides to visit it more often, then the next Avengers film could open up with him tackling some earthbound villains. I mean, I knew that one of Whedon's original ideas regarding on how Iron Man was to be introduced in the first Avengers' film (before he decided to bring Pepper into the story) was Iron Man taking on some mercenaries in South America.

And congrats on the Avy upgrade.

On another note, let's go down memory lane and see on how much our beloved asgardian prince has evolved within the last three films that he's been in, which in itself is record breaking since he is the ONLY COMIC BOOK HERO to have appeared within cinemas for three straight years in a row:

THOR- (2011)
Thor.11.jpg

0516-LRAINER-THOR-MOVIE_full_600.jpg

bmtnn.jpg

THE AVENGERS- (2012)
18lg.jpg

chris-hemsworth-thor.jpg

3i1c.jpg

THOR: THE DARK WORLD- (2013)
BIePx2iCMAI7IWN.jpg:large

tumblrmnmhvso5gf1rmpu2o.jpg

0r94.jpg

Hemsworth looks amazing in Thor: TDW :thor:

And who knows, how great would it be if he cameos in gotg?

You know, I've been doing some thinking as of late and I was wondering.... it's possible that the third Avengers film, which will most likely feature Thanos as its primary villain, could feature Thor (for once) very prominently.

I mean I seem to be noticing a pattern developing as of late regarding the Avengers' films.

The first film definitely had Rogers at the bulk of it, and if they hadn't taken out some of his original scenes, then he would have an even greater presence in it.

Then we have the "Age of Ultron" coming where theories are running about that Stark ends up being partially responsible somehow in the creation of Ultron, which would then feature Iron Man prominently.

So with Thanos coming in the third film (most likely), given his ties with Loki and the cosmic cube, it's possible that it'll be Thor's turn to shine for an Avengers film.

What do you guys think?

You know, I've been doing some thinking as of late and I was wondering.... it's possible that the third Avengers film, which will most likely feature Thanos as its primary villain, could feature Thor (for once) very prominently.

I mean I seem to be noticing a pattern developing as of late regarding the Avengers' films.

The first film definitely had Rogers at the bulk of it, and if they hadn't taken out some of his original scenes, then he would have an even greater presence in it.

Then we have the "Age of Ultron" coming where theories are running about that Stark ends up being partially responsible somehow in the creation of Ultron, which would then feature Iron Man prominently.

So with Thanos coming in the third film (most likely), given his ties with Loki and the cosmic cube, it's possible that it'll be Thor's turn to shine for an Avengers film.

What do you guys think?

Well Rogers and Stark were featured pretty evenly in The Avengers so it was both of their time to shine. I don't feel like waiting all the way until Avengers 3 for Thor to shine, I'd like to see him shine against Ultron.

Just like in the comics with the whole, "Ultron, we would have words with thee" line.

:whatever: With 2 new additions to The Avengers cast lets hope Thor and the others don't take a backseat for the new members...

:whatever: With 2 new additions to The Avengers cast lets hope Thor and the others don't take a backseat for the new members...

Oh they won't, Joss already said the core team will remain the main focus of the film.

But the problem that I see in this is that Thor didn't really have much of an compelling arc outside of his connection with Loki in "The Avengers" so with Loki now out of the picture (for the time being), what is he going to have for an arc in the next film? I mean, Hulk, Iron Man, Black widow, and Hawkeye have been promised larger roles, but Thor hasn't as of yet.

But the problem that I see in this is that Thor didn't really have much of an compelling arc outside of his connection with Loki in "The Avengers" so with Loki now out of the picture (for the time being), what is he going to have for an arc in the next film? I mean, Hulk, Iron Man, Black widow, and Hawkeye have been promised larger roles, but Thor hasn't as of yet.
Thors arc in AOU will probably be determined by the ending of TDW.

I know, things aren't looking too good we can only hope.

If Thor does end up as resident of Earth after TDW, it might play into it.

Somebody wanted to see the image of Thor in t-shirt from the calendar. here it is, but still in low-res

tumblr_mujbsyk79E1sf50k0o1_1280_zpsa3f52712.jpg

Does anyone know if Hemsworth is in the middle of a project right now? I know someone mentioned that Moby Dick film, Heart of the Sea. Is that in the middle of filming?

The reason I ask is because I'm curious if he will be available to do a lot of promotion for Thor, like making the press tour/late night/talk show rounds in the next few weeks. It would be about that time soon, right?

Does anyone know if Hemsworth is in the middle of a project right now? I know someone mentioned that Moby Dick film, Heart of the Sea. Is that in the middle of filming?

The reason I ask is because I'm curious if he will be available to do a lot of promotion for Thor, like making the press tour/late night/talk show rounds in the next few weeks. It would be about that time soon, right?
Yep, he is filming in London right now.

Yep, he is filming in London right now.

Thanks.

I hope he can break away to do some promotion. I love Tom H and all, but I don't want him to be the only one out there selling this movie--we need the star!

Thanks.

I hope he can break away to do some promotion. I love Tom H and all, but I don't want him to be the only one out there selling this movie--we need the star!

It's announced that he will be in Berlin at September 27th at the premiere with Tom, Natalie, Alan Taylor and Kevin Feige. I hope it works, I'll be there, too.

It's announced that he will be in Berlin at September 27th at the premiere with Tom, Natalie, Alan Taylor and Kevin Feige.

Awesome, I didn't know that. (BTW, is that October 27?)

I hope it works, I'll be there, too.

Double awesome! Good for you. Have fun, and let us know all about it!!!

He will be in London 22th October for world premier too.

Awesome, I didn't know that. (BTW, is that October 27?)

Double awesome! Good for you. Have fun, and let us know all about it!!!

Hopefully I'll be lucky and get an autograph. Be sure I'll tell you if I succeed.:woot:

Yes, I meant October *facepalm*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"