• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your arms are just too short to box with the Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we made a Canadian head of the Bank of England so I'm not going to argue with you ;)

Vince probably thinks pushing Shemaus, Wade Barrett and Antonio Cesaro pleases us Europeans.

Could of been cool if Cesaro had a Swiss Money Holding faction in the WWE with Mason Ryan and Drew MacIntyre.

Since Cesaro was/is all anti-american they should have given him the European Championship.

A good UK stable with those guys and Regal like in WWE12 would be great.

You think? I don't know...it's certainly possible, but I believe the difference here is that Austin probably only has one more match left in him (he looked really good when he was shown taking some bumps on Tough Enough, though). I don't think Austin would feel the need to go over in his last match.

On the other hand, I believe The Rock will wrestle anywhere from one to three times per year for the foreseeable future, so his final match probably won't be for a while. When it happens, I'm sure he'll go out on his back, as tradition dictates. But, even if Rocky does indeed return the job to Cena at 'Mania, I don't think that's the last we'll be seeing of him in the ring. I could be wrong, though.

Out of all the possible 'Mania combinations, I think I would like to see Punk/Rock/Cena headline the show. As we all know, the last time 'Mania was in New York Metro, a triple threat was the main event...maybe they will do it again. My only concern would be Punk eating the pinfall.

Sorry I missed this earlier. I have a lot of respect for how Austin has conducted himself post in-ring career, he's one of the most humble legends there is, and I recall his glory days in 97/98 fondly, but he has never been big on putting guys over and I think Punk's heel turn is partly to make the Austin match viable and so Austin can win.

I agree with you on The Rock, he'll work Mania 30 I think at the very least and given the amount of dates he's putting in between now and Mania it wouldn't surprise me if he had a match at Summerslam this year as well as I think he genuinely enjoys being involved when he can.

I'm not keen on triple threats as main events but since I am 100% certain Rock will walk in champ and Cena will walk out champ they might as well add Punk to help lift the match quality, and he's earned the main event spot.

Not a problem...I don't get the chance to visit the thread as often as I would like anyway, but I try to at least check in during/after Raws, Impacts and PPVs.

Yes, Austin was protective of his character when it came to doing jobs, and to a certain extent, I think he and others on his level have earned that right. I just think he sees something in Punk (I guess I have no proof of that), and wouldn't be opposed to putting him over in his final match.

I have no doubt that Rocky will be at Wrestlemania XXX, and I would think that he'd at least try to be at either this year's or next year's SummerSlam as well...maybe both if his filming schedule permits. He's built an incredible career in Hollywood, but I really do think that he enjoyed coming back to WWE last year...it's in his blood.

I also agree that triple threats can be hit or miss, but Punk/Rock/Cena would be a much better match than Rock/Cena II. (I suppose if they really are going with the rumored top 4 matches at 'Mania, all of this is a moot point) Further, if they are looking for a way to get around last year's Cena/Rock match being "Once In A Lifetime" in addition to improving the quality of last year's match, then it's probably a good idea to add Punk into to the mix, seeing as how he is one of the better workers in the company.

The New York post is reporting that Mick Foley will be inducted into this year's WWE Hall of Fame, which takes place at Madison Square Garen in April. Foley debuted in professional wrestling in 1986, as a young man from Long Island.

Throughout his WWE career, Foley played many characters from Mankind, Cactus Jack, Dude Love, and even his own name. Foley would be included in many monumental spots in the WWE, including the infamous Hell in a Cell match against The Undertaker, as well as winning the WWE Championship on an episode of Raw that would begin the change from WCW's dominance to WWE's resurgance. Foley is an 8 time WWE Tag Team Champion, 1 time Hardcore Champion, and 3 time WWE Champion.

This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. Foley deserves it and was one of the top rumored names. It will be really interesting to see who joins him this year.

The final episode of Zack Ryder's youtube series. I love the dig at the end about WWE burying him. I wonder what this means for Zack Ryder.

[YT]qZoUZcyS87E&feature=player_embedded#![/YT]

- Former WWE Star Chris Jericho talked about the original plans for him at WrestleMania 25 during an appearance on Inside The Ropes.

"The original plan was to work with Mickey Rourke in a singles match but he was so excited about it he went and said something about it at like the Screen Actors Guild Red Carpet. My cousin txt me saying “Are you wrestling Mickey Rourke? He just challenged you on the red carpet” This was like 3 weeks before the Oscars. We were going to announce it after the Oscars but once he said it, his people were mortified and thought it might hurt his chances of winning, so he had to pull out and he didn’t even win the Oscar so it was a bit of a drag. We even already started going in that direction and then he said “no” Then Vince came up with this Plan B with the Legends with Flair who’d retired the year before, he’d be the ring leader and it was gonna be Piper, Jimmy Snuka and Greg Valentine because Vince’s criteria was it had to be a guy who was in the WWE Hall of Fame and had appeared at WrestleMania 1. Hogan’s name was never mentioned. At one point they talked about Jerry Lawler but he didn’t fit because he wasn’t in WrestleMania 1. I was looking at it like me and Piper, Snuka and Greg Valentine, this match is gonna be ****. I said that to Vince, i told him it won’t be good and he said “it’s not supposed to be good” I told him I understand that but instead of putting Greg Valentine in there could we put Ricky Steamboat in there. Ricky had just started working there again at the time. He hadn’t wrestled and he didn’t even own his own name, his ex wife owned the name so they had to get something figured out, there was a little bit of heat there too, and Vince finally allowed Ricky to come in and we did it and it was amazing. He made it.

The New York post is reporting that Mick Foley will be inducted into this year's WWE Hall of Fame, which takes place at Madison Square Garen in April. Foley debuted in professional wrestling in 1986, as a young man from Long Island.

Throughout his WWE career, Foley played many characters from Mankind, Cactus Jack, Dude Love, and even his own name. Foley would be included in many monumental spots in the WWE, including the infamous Hell in a Cell match against The Undertaker, as well as winning the WWE Championship on an episode of Raw that would begin the change from WCW's dominance to WWE's resurgance. Foley is an 8 time WWE Tag Team Champion, 1 time Hardcore Champion, and 3 time WWE Champion.

For the rest of the article, Click Here.

WZ has learned from sources that we should expect WWE to announce the release of some talents later today or in the next few days.

We've heard so far of at least two releases but more could take place.

As we work on confirming all angles, we're not going to release any names of potentially released talents, but word coming out from sources inside WWE is talent cuts are expected.

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/359943383.php
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/266453-report-wwe-announces-first-hall-of-fame-inductee
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/266...cted-to-announce-the-release-of-talents-today

The final episode of Zack Ryder's youtube series. I love the dig at the end about WWE burying him. I wonder what this means for Zack Ryder.

[YT]qZoUZcyS87E&feature=player_embedded#![/YT]

Whats the reason for this being the last episode? I hope this is part of a work to push Ryder.

This may have been bought up before but just a thought....what if The Shield is actually work for...The Rock. I know it makes no sense to attack Hell No, Orton, or Sheamus if your working for the Rock but it makes no sense if you're working for Punk either. They attacked Ryback but it benefits both men if you think about it. They take out Ryback so Punk doesn't have face him...benefits Punk. They take out Ryback so Rock can have a chance to beat 'the Best in the World' for the title...benefits the Rock.

It would be interesting but they'd need to do a really good job explaining it. A heel turn would really put some real electricityy in Rocks returns.

The only reason Taker wrestles once a year is the streak, if he loses he might as well retire and I don't see Vince wanting to give up that Mania nostalgia crutch until Taker is adamant about retiring, and even then I don't think the streak will be ended at all. Add to that there is no way Triple H allows Punk to do something neither him or HBK could do on multiple tries, and him and Vince will both want it to be Cena if Taker tells them he wants the streak ended. Punk's only shot is if Taker demands to put Punk over, but I cannot see him doing that as he's never been a one for the politics.

This. What he said. The chances are slim that Punk would break the streak. Taker would have to beg for it to happen.

Theres also the strong chance of HHH lobbying against it like Hunter Rider said.

"The Rock has been promised the WWE title" So wrong in so many ways, and honestly I'm surprised at him, I've never been a fan but he's never seemed like a selfish mark to me either.

Yeah the promise thing seems kind of petty to me. Not even so much on Rocks end but if it took THAT much for him to work this program it just leaves a sour taste.

That guy in the blue shirt looks like's contemplating the ultimate ass grab.

:funny: I remember how pissed off Maria got the last time THAT happened.

WrestleMania 29 Redux: Indulging fantasy booking.

So here's basically how I would have done it, yes I'm bored. :p

I'd have never turned Punk heel, instead I'd have set up a Triple threat at the Rumble between him, Rock and Cena, Just before the Rumble Heyman approaches Punk on Raw and offers his services saying he can make sure Punk leaves the match as Champion, Punk turns him down but they play up the idea that it was a scam and that Punk is in league with Heyman, Rock and Cena both believe this as Punk is a self professed "Heyman guy". At the Rumble Lesnar destroys Punk during the match and Cena pins Rock to become champion and get his win back.

Dolph has turned face post-Summerslam and Vickie has cost him his MITB title shot, Dolph wins the Rumble.

Rock, now out of the title picture, says that even though he is out of the title match he will still make history at Mania and he challenges Taker to the streak match.

On SD Orton has gone beast heel, Bryan is no longer saddled with comedy nonsense, the rest books itself.

The Shield continue doing what they are doing, Triple H comes out on the Raw after EC where they have interfered in the WHC match and says that he is going to run them out of WWE before they can get involved at Mania, they proceed to beat the crap out of him until Sheamus and Roidback run-in to help him.

WrestleMania 29

WWE Title Match - John Cena vs Dolph Ziggler

No Holds Barred - CM Punk vs Brock Lesnar

The Streak - The Undertaker vs The Rock

WHC Match - Randy Orton vs Daniel Bryan

Street Fight - The Shield vs Triple H, Sheamus & Roidback

From there you could fill out the card with Cesaro vs Del Rio for the US title, Rhodes Scholars vs Sin Cara & Rey for the tag belts, AJ Lee vs Eve for the Divas title, Barret vs Miz for the IC title and some kind of goofy celebrity match involving Big Show, Kane,, Kofi and other assorted leftovers.

Good card. The part timers are still used to draw but they are also used to help the younger talent. Thats how it should be. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out, Vince.

Wish there was a better use for Triple H putting someone over in a singles match though. If Rhodes were in a better spot I'd like to see them work a short program.

He should lose all his money in a ponzi scheme. That will make him relatible. You can have vignettes of him crashing on Ricky's couch with a spring poking his back, driving a hooptie to ringside, waiting on line for food stamps, applying for medicaid.

All while wearing the belt, and a rope belt for his pants. A frayed rope belt.

Ricardo blows all of Del Rios money Paulie/Rocky V style. He also gets some kind of *****ty Mexican talking robot in the process. Del Rio and Ricardo have to live in a dumpster n sh** like the Duke bros. after Trading Places.

WWE needs to push Ziggler, and push him big time. He has the MITB (which is for thr WHC) AND he's in the Rumble, which guarantees a WM main event challenge for the WWE title. Ziggler wins Rumble, cashes n (and wins) WHC at Rumble, and instead of a Triple Threat we can have a Fatal 4-Way with Rock, Punk, Cena and Zig, but PRIOR to that have Zig in a Triple Threat match for the WHC with ADR and Randy Orton.

Get Zig THIS CLOSE to becoming Undisputed Champion, then cut the lights and sick the Shield on him. Punk retains, and on Raw the next night have him gloat about "there is only ONE Undisputed Champion, and you're looking at him...."

I like it.

Ah...the reunion of Kliq-W-X

If anybody deserves it its him. That NY/NJ crowd will love him more than ever and Foley did so much to prove his doubters wrong. He wasn't "supposed" to be a legend but he made it happen anyway. He did more to earn his place than most in the last 20 years. It would be great if Mick headlines and they use the chance to put Savage in this year too.

The feel good story of Foley going in would ease the fact that Savage isn't with us anymore to accept an induction.

That gives me an idea:

The Cartel
Antonio Cesaro
Alberto Del Rio (face turn will not last)
Mason Ryan
Rosa Mendes
Tyson Kidd (when he's healthy; Canada has a more business-friendly tax environment than the USA, deal with it suckers!)

If you call them that Jake Roberts will crash every show snorting them for some traces of leftover "product."

Last edited:
Whats the reason for this being the last episode? I hope this is part of a work to push Ryder.

The show might be getting him in hot water with management. It could all be a work , but the way they've treated him in the last year is ridiculous. This might be a test to see how he does without the show , but people are going to remember regardless. So I'm really not sure what this means. I hope it's something positive.

:funny: I remember how pissed off Maria got the last time THAT happened.

Poor Maria. I don't condone such behavior from fans , but I certainly understand it.

WZ has learned from sources that we should expect WWE to announce the release of some talents later today or in the next few days.

We've heard so far of at least two releases but more could take place.

As we work on confirming all angles, we're not going to release any names of potentially released talents, but word coming out from sources inside WWE is talent cuts are expected.

The first WWE release confirmed is Trent Baretta.

Baretta was signed to a developmental deal in 2008 and first appeared on the main roster of the company as one half of the Dudebusters with Caylen Croft.

After Croft was released from the company, Baretta moved into a low level singles run, most notably getting a surprise win over Drew McIntyre in 2011.

Baretta was forced out of the ring later that year with a torn biceps, leading to a "Where's Trent" joke online amongst WWE talents, including Zack Ryder's Youtube series. Even after he recovered, he was only used sparingly by WWE.

Baretta is already booked for Pro Wrestling Syndicate over Wrestlemania weekend in Metuchen, NJ, where he will be facing Sonjay Dutt.

PWI

We will give you her if you promise to take Katie Price as well.

Meh, if she was good looking once, we can at least use her DNA. Cross her with Tricia Helfer to make a new generation Cylon to take over China.

Ok, so I guess someone's gonna' have to gif the Toothpick's top coming up on SD. :oldrazz:

Me thinks Skyler Moon (Buggy Nova) has being let go from a tweet earlier.

"I can finally cuss again in the internet.....FUUUUUUUCK :)"

Oh no, for reals. I thought with all the half french chicks around it would be pretty hot.

Not all as hot as Elisha Cuthbert then :csad:

Sorry to break this to you, but she's really a bloke. So is Trish Stratus and Gail Kim. We just have very good makeup artists in Canada.

:mad: As a Viper-American, the Big Show's promo is offensive to me.

hey guys. i wanted to run this idea by you: lets say its 1998 wcw and goldberg is doing his streak. what if scott steiner on thunder announces his own streak and begins kayfabe injuring or humiliating guys. he soon moves on to nitro right before goldberg wins the title. when he wins it, steiner gets pissed and tries to attack goldberg. he does it and manages to take him down in a fight. the heel manager of nitro then says golberg will be fired if he attacks steiner, then it builds up towards a match where steiner battles goldberg for the title, winning it and ending goldberg's streak instead of kevin nash

Hah, another Rock Concert this Monday night. Looking forward to it!

3MB also has a 10% chance of still being employed 30 days from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"