• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Your arms are just too short to box with the Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is Kenny King not dead after that blue thunder psycho killer driver thing?

We all know how Wrestlemania will end. Hell, I rarely watch wrestling these days and I know how Wrestlemania will end.

Yep with Lawler bellowing "The champ is......." :sleepy:

If you would to predict that Undertaker would beat Punk, I think you'd be wrong, imo. I'm pretty sure this goes back to that rumor of Punk getting the ultimate respect by going up against 'Taker and beating him. And I wouldn't be surprised if 'Taker's streak does end at WM 29 if he goes up against Punk.

I'd love you to be right but I'd also love to meet a Vegas bookie who'd take a large bet from me, on you being wrong.

- On Friday's SmackDown, AJ Lee will team up with Dolph Ziggler in a mixed tag match against Natalya and the Great Khali. AJ Lee is teasing on Twitter that fans should tune in to see a possible wardrobe malfunction:

"If you need two words that aren't 'The Rock' to convince you to watch Smackdown this week, here they are: wardrobe malfunction."

Yeah, Khali's schlong probably fell out of his pants. :(

... TNA is really pushing Rob Terry as a dancing face? Really?

This may have been bought up before but just a thought....what if The Shield is actually work for...The Rock. I know it makes no sense to attack Hell No, Orton, or Sheamus if your working for the Rock but it makes no sense if you're working for Punk either. They attacked Ryback but it benefits both men if you think about it. They take out Ryback so Punk doesn't have face him...benefits Punk. They take out Ryback so Rock can have a chance to beat 'the Best in the World' for the title...benefits the Rock.

As much as I like some Stratusfaction, Miss Elizabeth needs to go into the WWE Hall of Fame before she does.

NXT for the next three weeks:

Before the show airs, it is announced by Byron Saxton that a tournament will begin tonight to determine the first-ever WWE NXT Tag Team Champions.

Dark Matches:
WWE United States Champion Antonio Cesaro defeated Justin Gabriel with an uppercut in a non-title match.

Natalya defeated Emma with the Sharpshooter.

Episode 1: Airing January 23rd

* The Wyatt Family defeated Percy Watson and Yoshi Tatsu.

* Sasha Banks defeated Alicia Fox.

* Corey Graves defeated Jake Carter.

* Adrian Neville and Oliver Grey defeated 3MB (Drew McIntyre and Heath Slater.

* WWE NXT Champion Big E Langston defeated Axl Keegan.

Episode 2: Airing January 30th

* Kassius Ohno and Leo Kruger defeated Alex Riley and Derrick Bateman.

* Mason Ryan defeated Sakamoto.

* Paige defeated Aksana.

* Bo Dallas and Michael McGillicutty defeated Epico and Primo w/Rosa Mendes.

Byron Saxton hypes the appearance of WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels for later and introduces Ricardo Rodriguez. Ricardo announces that the next taping, scheduled for January 31st, will feature an appearance from World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio.

Episode 3: Airing February 6th

* Adrian Neville and Oliver Grey defeated Kassius Ohno and Leo Kruger.

* “The Ascension” Conor O’Brian defeated Mike Dalton.

* O’Brian was announced with the Ascension term as a new nickname.

* It is announced that Langston will defend the NXT Championship against O’Brian at the next tapings.

* Xavier Woods defeated El Local.

* The Wyatt Family defeated Bo Dallas and Michael McGillicutty.

* Shawn Michaels comes out to the ring and puts over the entire NXT roster. Shawn talks about the NXT Tag Team Championship, saying he was once a Tag Team Champion and it’s one of the biggest honors of his career. Fans chant for Triple H and Michaels says he’s busy right now. Triple H comes out moments later, but heads to the back and comes back out to Degeneration X music.

Michaels and Triple H exchange stories and talk about their hair problems. Kevin Nash comes out followed by Billy Gunn and X-Pac. Damien Sandow interrupted the DX-Kliq reunion. Triple H eventually apologizes to Sandow on behalf of them all and asks him to do his cartwheel so they can apologize and then end the event. Sandow takes off his robe and Triple H asks that the audience does a drumroll. Sandow does the cartwheel and is immediately hit afterwards with a Sweet Chin Music from Michaels. Everyone but Michaels leaves the ring.

Michaels closes things out by saying if you’re not down with that, we got two words for ya and fans say “suck it!”.

I'd love you to be right but I'd also love to meet a Vegas bookie who'd take a large bet from me, on you being wrong.

What makes you think I'd be wrong though? Undertaker is getting up there and his body is going down every year that passes, so why not end it to a guy that claims he wants respect when he'll be losing the title? And also, it would be a smart move to have some matches be unpredictable when we'll already be having two matches that are predictable.

What makes you think I'd be wrong though? Undertaker is getting up there and his body is going down every year that passes, so why not end it to a guy that claims he wants respect when he'll be losing the title? And also, it would be a smart move to have some matches be unpredictable when we'll already be having two matches that are predictable.

The only reason Taker wrestles once a year is the streak, if he loses he might as well retire and I don't see Vince wanting to give up that Mania nostalgia crutch until Taker is adamant about retiring, and even then I don't think the streak will be ended at all. Add to that there is no way Triple H allows Punk to do something neither him or HBK could do on multiple tries, and him and Vince will both want it to be Cena if Taker tells them he wants the streak ended. Punk's only shot is if Taker demands to put Punk over, but I cannot see him doing that as he's never been a one for the politics.

The only reason Taker wrestles once a year is the streak, if he loses he might as well retire and I don't see Vince wanting to give up that Mania nostalgia crutch until Taker is adamant about retiring, and even then I don't think the streak will be ended at all. Add to that there is no way Triple H allows Punk to do something neither him or HBK could do on multiple tries, and him and Vince will both want it to be Cena if Taker tells them he wants the streak ended. Punk's only shot is if Taker demands to put Punk over, but I cannot see him doing that as he's never been a one for the politics.

While true, it'd be nice to see a change. Taker putting CM Punk over would be the ultimate step in solidifying Punk's status.

And with that on his resume, they'd be hard pressed to ruin the booking for Punk.

Nice to see Kenderson get out *******d by his fans.

I could see Vince doing something wise and ending 'Taker's streak, especially after hitting that milestone of 20 wins and no losses, especially since we don't know if 'Taker can get to 25 or 30, so why not keep at an even 20 and just do whatever is necessary, like putting Punk over.

And you say that will never happen when HHH or HBK couldn't do it...but why would that mean anything? If Cena is the top face of the brand, then Punk has got to be who most view as the top heel so why not have him do something big like that when he can't keep the title any longer?

Thoughts on this news(I'll believe the first one when pigs fly):

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/12780/adam-cole-sami-callihan-headed-to-wwe-details

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/12786/backstage-update-the-undertakers-future-spoiler

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/12784/backstage-update-the-rock-to-win-the-wwe-title

- Following WWE starting the process to sign Independent star El Generico, word is that Adam Cole and Sami Callihan will have tryouts as well with WWE.

The company has changed their attitude about signing top independent workers that don't necessarily have the look and size that WWE traditionally looks for. This is partly due to the success of CM Punk, Daniel Bryan and now Dean Ambrose and Seth "Tyler Black" Rollins. Punk and Bryan have specifically caused a different mentality when it comes to talent coming through the Independents as well as talent that doesn't have the look, the size and the physique that used to be the first thing they would look for.

The old WWE mentality was to sign people who could be TV stars and teach them to wrestle the "WWE style", as opposed to signing great wrestling talent and giving them the ball and seeing how far they can run with it.

- There has been a lot of talk about The Undertaker appearing on Monday's 20th Anniversary episode of WWE Monday Night RAW. While 'Taker lives in the Houston area and has been a vital part of RAW's history, there are mixed feelings about having him appear on the show. The general feeling is that his appearances are rare these days and that his next appearance should be to set up his WrestleMania program. With rumors being that The Undertaker will face CM Punk at WrestleMania, the feeling is that it wouldn't make sense to have him return until after Punk's Royal Rumble match with The Rock.
Most have assumed that The Rock will defeat CM Punk at the Royal Rumble to win the WWE Title. While that is the popular opinion at this time, there have been other scenarios pitched where Punk would retain the title in some controversial fashion.

- Word is that The Rock has been promised the WWE Title; so one scenario is that Rock could lose to Punk at the Rumble and then compete in the Elimination Chamber and win the title there. The plan would then be for him to defend the title at WrestleMania against John Cena, who may be the one to win the Royal Rumble this year. There are also rumors that CM Punk vs. The Undertaker will take place at WrestleMania 29.

-WWE is now behind Alberto Del Rio as their new Latin babyface. Rey Mysterio currently has two Wellness Policy strikes against him and Sin Cara has been considered a total failure. Del Rio is expected to stay babyface for quite some time as they continue to build him up in the new role. The planned match between Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara at WrestleMania 29 may be off but that is not confirmed as of this writing.
CM Punk mentioning Bruno Sammartino during his promo on RAW is said to be another sign that Sammartino is still on WWE's radar for the 2013 WWE Hall of Fame class. WWE is still very interested in inducting Sammartino, but at this time, Sammartino has not agreed to anything with WWE. He still refuses to deal with Vince McMahon and has only been talking with Triple H.

Another one....Kinda interesting that wrestlers like Dolph Ziggler can help sell NXT crowds, let's hope that he can sell PPV crowds the same way in the future: http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/12770/dolph-ziggler-wrestles-his-brother-at-nxt-event-last-night

Here are some live notes from last night's WWE NXT live event from Kissimee, Florida:

* The show was sold out. AJ Lee even made a tweet about the attendance. She wrote: "Fun fact, we beat Punk's appearance attendance from last year. #littlevictories"

* Trent Barreta accidentally knocked down part of the stage during his entrance. He wrote: "Displayed my strength by knocking down half the stage on my entrance tonight. Everyone seemed really impressed."

* NXT Diva Davina Rose, the latest woman to be signed to a development deal, was in attendance.

* Dolph Ziggler wrestled his brother Briley Pierce at the show. Pierce teamed with Barreta to face Ziggler and Brad Maddox.

They should let Rock win the title at the Rumble, then defend it in the Elimination Chamber. No point of him winning at Elmination Chamber because he wouldn't even get the chance to defend it on PPV. If he has to win it, let his reign have some length before dropping it to Cena.

While true, it'd be nice to see a change. Taker putting CM Punk over would be the ultimate step in solidifying Punk's status.

And with that on his resume, they'd be hard pressed to ruin the booking for Punk.

I'd love to see it but I just can't for a moment imagine WWE allowing it to be the 'king of the indies' that does it, if the last 18 months have proven anything it's that the WWE motto is "Cena first, Cena second and if there's anything left, Cena last!"

I could see Vince doing something wise and ending 'Taker's streak, especially after hitting that milestone of 20 wins and no losses, especially since we don't know if 'Taker can get to 25 or 30, so why not keep at an even 20 and just do whatever is necessary, like putting Punk over.

And you say that will never happen when HHH or HBK couldn't do it...but why would that mean anything? If Cena is the top face of the brand, then Punk has got to be who most view as the top heel so why not have him do something big like that when he can't keep the title any longer?

I'm not convinced Vince will ever want the streak to end but even if he did I'd be shocked if he were to go with Punk as that guy.

We are talking about Triple H, a guy so caught up in wins and losses that he's determined to have a rematch with Lesnar despite everyone knowing it's a waste just so he can get his win back, that same guy may now tolerate and even respect Punk, but I don't think he'd be fine with Punk having an achievement that he failed at 3 times, he's got that Bret Hart mark in him.

But hey......Here's a scenario that could be possible if the stars align and Taker is thinking retirement, Brock helps Punk win and then Taker wrestles Brock at Mania 30 as his last match

They should let Rock win the title at the Rumble, then defend it in the Elimination Chamber. No point of him winning at Elmination Chamber because he wouldn't even get the chance to defend it on PPV. If he has to win it, let his reign have some length before dropping it to Cena.

"The Rock has been promised the WWE title" So wrong in so many ways, and honestly I'm surprised at him, I've never been a fan but he's never seemed like a selfish mark to me either.

Bobby Roode's selling of the Twist of Fate was glorious!

I hear that TNA will only have four Pay per Views a year. Apparently, they have heard the words logic, common sense and intelligence, three words that do not appear in the WWE's vocabulary.

That guy in the blue shirt looks like's contemplating the ultimate ass grab.

This may have been bought up before but just a thought....what if The Shield is actually work for...The Rock. I know it makes no sense to attack Hell No, Orton, or Sheamus if your working for the Rock but it makes no sense if you're working for Punk either. They attacked Ryback but it benefits both men if you think about it. They take out Ryback so Punk doesn't have face him...benefits Punk. They take out Ryback so Rock can have a chance to beat 'the Best in the World' for the title...benefits the Rock.

I don't see it. The Shield are heels , not the APA.

:hrt: I don't care what anyone says , she is hot as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"