Transformers YOUR BIGGEST WTF moments, including Plotholes,etc,etc of the TF movie THREAD!

The only kinda WTF/plothole moment for me was that it seemed all the new Transformers the All Spark made were Decepticons.

Well, also that Sam's parents or neighbors didn't hear the Autobot's voices outside the house.

The decepticon thing makes sense considering all earth tech is reverse engineered from Megatron... at least that's one way of explaining why they're all predisposed to be evil.

So like an evil cybertronian machine DNA-code?

Anything's possible, did you see that thing just go *makes shrinking gesture* Voooooooooot?

I doubt it. All the new Transformers the Allspark created were "newborns". Running totally on instinct or animalistic behavior. I wouldn't be surprised if they attacked Decepticons also. They haven't recieved proper "programming" or conditioning.

The only kinda WTF/plothole moment for me was that it seemed all the new Transformers the All Spark made were Decepticons.

I didn't get that as well. The only thing I can think of was that Megatron had calibrated the Allspark a certain way before it was launched from Cybertron to do such a thing. But that's probably a bit of a stretch.

The decepticon thing makes sense considering all earth tech is reverse engineered from Megatron... at least that's one way of explaining why they're all predisposed to be evil.

I doubt it. All the new Transformers the Allspark created were "newborns". Running totally on instinct or animalistic behavior. I wouldn't be surprised if they attacked Decepticons also. They haven't recieved proper "programming" or conditioning.

Hadn't thought of those, definite possibilities.

Barricade disappearing. Hopefully there's a deleted scene with him for the DVD. He was too cool to be forgotten like that.

how come every single new robot created by the allspark was automatically evil?
I'm guessing it was because all of earths technology was made using reverse engineeering from Megatron, so all of our technology is techniqually part of Megatron. Megatron = Evil. I guess. :huh:

and how did bumblebee's voice suddenly repair itself?

I'm just speculating but it may be because of his direct contact with the Allspark. Just like it repaired Frenzy. I'm just guessing though.

also,if the TF's are sensitive to extreme temperatures, they can be frozen, and high temp explosives can kill them, then how can they travel through freezing space... and endure the extreme heat of entering earth's atmosphere?

Didn't they travel to earth in 'protective' pods.....?

[/QUOTE]

To clear a few things up...
Jazz doesnt need a 'dramatic' death scene. He's a soldier, one casualty in a war. What did you guys want? Dramatic music? Camera slowly circling around as he was torn in two pieces? Some other lame ash crap?

Its ironic. You guys want more Autobots and Decepticons. That means underdeveloped characters. So you fans complain.
They put less robots, which means potentially fleshing out each character more fully. You guys complain about lack of robots. Sheesh..there's no satisfying you people. Jazz deserved the quick death scene.

As for Barricade disappearing...Prime supposedly destroyed him on the highway, which explains why he was late.

And the 'evil' robots created by the Allspark. Newsflash, they're not evil. Suprise! Ever heard of self defense?

Another thing I found a little odd was during the end how Sam and Mekalah had no problem making out on a car they both know is alive and all the other Autobots watching them. Not really a complaint, just an observation.

As for Barricade disappearing...Prime supposedly destroyed him on the highway, which explains why he was late.
I know that's how it was in the script, and it's even shown in the comic. Which is why it's even more of a WTF moment. At the very least, they should've alluded to Prime taking him out.

To clear a few things up...
Jazz doesnt need a 'dramatic' death scene. He's a soldier, one casualty in a war. What did you guys want? Dramatic music? Camera slowly circling around as he was torn in two pieces? Some other lame ash crap?

Its ironic. You guys want more Autobots and Decepticons. That means underdeveloped characters. So you fans complain.
They put less robots, which means potentially fleshing out each character more fully. You guys complain about lack of robots. Sheesh..there's no satisfying you people. Jazz deserved the quick death scene.
No Autobot deserved a quick death scene. That would be like killing Iceman in an X-men movie without any sense of loss.

Making the death meaningful would increase the suspense of other upcoming battles. You wouldn't be sure who would be next to get killed and more importantly you would fear for the Transformers safety rather than just seeing a bunch of lifeless toys on screen.

People felt bad when Bumblebee was being tortured by sector 7. This makes the movie more rewarding then just a bunch of pointless explosions.

This might bne a little nip picky but Prime begs Sam to shove the cube into his chest . O.K Sam obviously doesn't have as much knowledge of the cube as Prime, so how did he know that shoving the cube into Megatrons chest wouldn't have made Megatron more powerful...?

To think of it, i don't remember anyone telling Sam that pushing the cube into a TF's chest would destroy it..and them. Prime talked about it with his fellow Autobots, but Sam wasn't there. :confused:

Does anyone remember Sam being told this?

If you had a weapon on you, and you woke up surrounded by ugly, strange looking creatures, you'd be pretty pissed/angry/terrified.

Blame the editing room for leaving Prime vs. Barricade out. Either that, or Bay was down to his last penny. Probably figured the average person wouldnt even realise Barricade missing when all Decepticons are grey/white.

They hardly set up Jazz as a character. Certainly not to the same extent as BB or Prime. Again, Bay probably should've reduced the number of Autobots from 5 to 4. Hopefully, the sequel will have LESS robots so it doesnt get crushed under its own weight. X-Men 3 anyone?

This might bne a little nip picky but Prime begs Sam to shove the cube into his chest . O.K Sam obviously doesn't have as much knowledge of the cube as Prime, so how did he know that shoving the cube into Megatrons chest wouldn't have made Megatron more powerful...?

To think of it, i don't remember anyone telling Sam that pushing the cube into a TF's chest would destroy it..and them. Prime talked about it with his fellow Autobots, but Sam wasn't there. :confused:

Does anyone remember Sam being told this?

No, Prime told Sam if need be put the cube in his chest to be destroyed. It's when he opens his chest slightly to reveal the Matrix of Leadership.

No, Prime told Sam if need be put the cube in his chest to be destroyed. It's when he opens his chest slightly to reveal the Matrix of Leadership.

When?

I remember him saying it to the Autobots at the observatory...

They hardly set up Jazz as a character. Certainly not to the same extent as BB or Prime. Again, Bay probably should've reduced the number of Autobots from 5 to 4. Hopefully, the sequel will have LESS robots so it doesnt get crushed under its own weight. X-Men 3 anyone?

Return of the King anyone?

Plenty of heroes in the background. Not every Autobot needs alot of screen time. There should be a dozen cameos.

The close-up zoom shot of that hot, unnamed woman's face as she's screaming during the battle at the end. It was funny, but WTF...

Jazz dying without any sense of loss. His death should've been more powerful.

Bumblebees voice should've been nerdy and childlike.

I think that is my biggest problem with the climax in general. We get this amazing fight, but we only get part of it, and there is no emotional gravity given to things I think are important. Give me less slow-mo Ironhide flipping over a screaming lady and give me more emotional impact to the death of a hero. There were times where the shaky, poorly framed camera work was used really well, but not there. There are plenty of ways to ground that scene, and tug at the heartstrings. First, you make it clear in your coverage of the scene that Jazz stands his ground when the others run. You show him, the smallest Autobot clearly making the choice to stand against the largest Decepticon. You show his face, you show the determination in his eyes. Show him lower his face guard...sure they would be cliche shots, but Sam and Mikela get their cliche hero shots, and "No matter what happens I'm glad I got in the car with you" moments. Jazz just gets a human POV shot from behind, poorly framed where he is picked up, taken to the top of a building and disposed of. No dramatic music, no tension building camera work, or closeups...no gravity. The dialog was great, but it was such a cop out. I blame a LOT of the problems with the last battle in the city on Michael Bay's inexperience in shooting coverage for CGI characters. He didn't get closeup background plates a lot of the time for the Transformers, and ILM was working against that. He can shoot for special effects, but when characters are involved that he can't see and frame, and that he has no respect for as characters, this is what you get.

As I said in my review I know it's full of flaws, but I couldn't help loving it.

Yeah, the Allspark giving machines live certainly was an idiotic idea. But what was an even bigger WTF moment for me, was that Transformers that just were created, were fully equipped with weapon systems.

I think the idea of The allspark was just a cheap way to not use the word "THE MATRIX" because that what it is .

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"