Transformers YOUR BIGGEST WTF moments, including Plotholes,etc,etc of the TF movie THREAD!

Why didnt the all spark heal Bumblebee like it healed Frenzy?

Why didnt the all spark heal Bumblebee like it healed Frenzy?

BB knows how to shrink the cube. BB knows how to harness the energy of the cube (the humans figured it out). BB knows how not to be affected by the raw energy of the cube.

I don't visit the Transformers board often so apologies if this has already been dealt with...

One thing that confused me - why was it, that when the allspark touched things (like the girl's car, the drinks machine..etc) did those things turn into people hating robots? Why didn't they turn into good robots like the Autobots? I mean, wasn't Optimus Prime planning on using the Allspark to bring life back to his planet? In that case, wouldn't he just be creating a world of evil robots?

This might have been discussed in the movie, but it was like 2 and a half hours long which is alot to digest and I probably missed that part. Maybe I should see it again...

stop moaning the film was awesome, no film is perfect but this is close!

if you want to moan go moan about superman returns and spiderman 3 they were truely awful!

I don't visit the Transformers board often so apologies if this has already been dealt with...

One thing that confused me - why was it, that when the allspark touched things (like the girl's car, the drinks machine..etc) did those things turn into people hating robots? Why didn't they turn into good robots like the Autobots? I mean, wasn't Optimus Prime planning on using the Allspark to bring life back to his planet? In that case, wouldn't he just be creating a world of evil robots?

This might have been discussed in the movie, but it was like 2 and a half hours long which is alot to digest and I probably missed that part. Maybe I should see it again...

The raw power of the cube creates corrupted life, but once the power is refined (or not directly creates it or with some help of outside agent) it's ok. The movie wasn't trying to be deep really. You should read the Q & A with the writers of the movie.

Yeah SM3 bothered us that much, and yes there were similar problems, but like i said before, this is the first time TF has been brought to the big screen, so as with X Men 1 and Blade 1, there's bound to be mistakes. Those mistakes were all improved on with those movies sequels. Spiderman had 2 movies prior to it, so they knew what worked, and what didn't -Spiderman 2 (awesome) proved this, yet the get totally sloppy, throw the old formula out the window...and the result is Spiderman 3. :down:

I really think the SM3 makers faultered that movie because of OVER CONFIDENCE. They had the world hooked on the franchise, so they thought they could throw us anything and we'd bite. It's kinda like when your dating; your on your best behaviour and wanna look your best whie your courting the other person, but as soon as you get them emotionally hooked, you let yourself go because you figure they'll stick around anyway. That's what the Raimi figured with Spiderman 3, shame on him.

haha sorry OT, but this was just put perfectly.
although raimi didn't want gwenstacy, NOR venom..
i think arad, and the people from sony kinda forced him into it..

poor sam, stand up for yourself!!!
Redemption is as simple as a VERY WELL MADE EVIL DEAD 4 STARRING none other than BRUCE CAMPBELL.

...yes.
(okay, back to topic)

i was REALLY annoyed by the computerhacking girl's british(?) accent.. it was really distracting, and sounded forced.. if that's her natural accent, then shame.

EDIT:
and also, shame that sam and his dad had to pay for bumblebee, when the truth is that they coulda got him for free.. if they were more patient.
(say they didnt get a car after all, i'm sure bumblebee would find a way to still be in their possesion.. i dunno.)

She was Australian, and it was real, if I'm not mistaken.

The raw power of the cube creates corrupted life, but once the power is refined (or not directly creates it or with some help of outside agent) it's ok. The movie wasn't trying to be deep really. You should read the Q & A with the writers of the movie.

Thanks. I found the writers Q&A after posting my question. I still think there are quite a few plotholes which don't add up and they leave it up to the viewer too many times to put things together...like they couldn't be bothered to show it themselves? But then again, as you said, it's not supposed to be deep so I'm not going to complain about them. I loved the movie but I do kinda hope the next one has a better script.

Thanks. I found the writers Q&A after posting my question. I still think there are quite a few plotholes which don't add up and they leave it up to the viewer too many times to put things together...like they couldn't be bothered to show it themselves? But then again, as you said, it's not supposed to be deep so I'm not going to complain about them. I loved the movie but I do kinda hope the next one has a better script.

Well, I think the next movie really depends on a good script/story to at least match the first movie. People can/will get tired of the action alone but I think Bay/Spielberg still has a lot of tricks left on their sleeve (you know, the WOW factor) and combined with a good story, the 2nd movie will be another big hit. Hopefully.

i was REALLY annoyed by the computerhacking girl's british(?) accent.. it was really distracting, and sounded forced.. if that's her natural accent, then shame.
Oakzap's correct. She's Australian. And that's how Australians naturally talk. If you don't know that, then shame.

Im not sure if this has been discussed but, what about the GUY INSIDE BARRICADE, BLACKOUT, and STARSCREAM.. didnt he look like the guy in the black suit with the mustache from S7 place ????????

Im not sure if this has been discussed but, what about the GUY INSIDE BARRICADE, BLACKOUT, and STARSCREAM.. didnt he look like the guy in the black suit with the mustache from S7 place ????????

This has been discussed and no, it's not the same guy. The hologram dude is much younger.

hug.gif

When Optimus got handled like a ***** by Megatron.
The apathetic treatment of Jazz's death.
the Home Alone-esque humor when the Autobots are hiding from Sam's parents.
The less than Home Alone humor when Bumblebee "Lubricates" on Tuturro.
The movies inability to pick a viewing demographic and stick with it.
The movies inability to pick a storyline and stick with it.
During the credits when I realized my childhood memories had been fondled for the benefit of a director and a toy company.

However, Peter Cullen's voice covers a multitude of sins.

Wow...for a first post, you sound...like an idiot, lol.

I could tell you off one by one of your statements, but I'm too tired.

She was Australian, and it was real, if I'm not mistaken.

oh yeah. She was hot.

Stupid role in the movie (seeks the help of a SUPER NERD! when she discoverd Air Force 1 was getting tampered with). But man, she looks hot w/ a shot gun.

Of course she's hot, she's an Aussie. Aussie girls are hot.

A big WTF moment for me was when Sam lost his pants fighting frenzy, then when they are driving away in Bumblebee and goes back to his house etc, he has the exact same pants on! Continuity error there, but its no biggie.

A big WTF moment for me was when Sam lost his pants fighting frenzy, then when they are driving away in Bumblebee and goes back to his house etc, he has the exact same pants on! Continuity error there, but its no biggie.
Why couldn't he came back and wore his pants again? You don't have to show that on screen.

They showed Megan getting her purse from the floor, and Sam's pants WERE RIGHT NEXT IT, it also showed Megan getting back in the car and it driving off, Sams pants were just left there.

The fact the AllSpark only seem to produce Decepticons.

Don't give me the "they wouldn't know any better" thing, they looked evil.
Plus, if I was just "born" I wouldn't aim my guns everywhere, I'd be like "holy ****! wtf?!?!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"