Transformers YOUR BIGGEST WTF moments, including Plotholes,etc,etc of the TF movie THREAD!

Primal instincts. That what Orci said in his interview, I think.

You never actually saw Mikaela get back into Bumblebee after she picked up her purse.

When Optimus got handled like a ***** by Megatron.
The apathetic treatment of Jazz's death.
the Home Alone-esque humor when the Autobots are hiding from Sam's parents.
The less than Home Alone humor when Bumblebee "Lubricates" on Tuturro.
The movies inability to pick a viewing demographic and stick with it.
The movies inability to pick a storyline and stick with it.
During the credits when I realized my childhood memories had been fondled for the benefit of a director and a toy company.

However, Peter Cullen's voice covers a multitude of sins.

you seem to have an apt grasp of reality for a first time poster :woot:

yes your words ring true.

Primal instincts. That what Orci said in his interview, I think.

You never actually saw Mikaela get back into Bumblebee after she picked up her purse.

I thought you did, it doesnt matter anyway, it was a continuity error, ALL movies have them, its just something i noticed.

This just occured to me, but if these ******* bots have destroyed their own home planet, and they came to ours to destroy the allspark (which they did).....then why are these ******* bots gonna hang around and put our planet in further danger and trouble. Why not help us out, and leave and say:

"We have done enough damage to their planet. We will not allow our war to spill over to their world."

I know for movie sake, but like......COME ON!

This just occured to me, but if these ******* bots have destroyed their own home planet, and they came to ours to destroy the allspark (which they did).....then why are these ******* bots gonna hang around and put our planet in further danger and trouble. Why not help us out, and leave and say:

"We have done enough damage to their planet. We will not allow our war to spill over to their world."

I know for movie sake, but like......COME ON!

I thought the same exact thing a year ago when the script was leaked. The same speech is at the end and I was like "hey! what right do you have inviting a bunch of refugee Autobots to this planet?!?!" :cwink:

Because the rich resource that Earth has makes it a prime target for the Decepticons. And since the Allspark is gone, the Decepticons need find something else to do. And conquest of a rich planet seems like a good idea. Besides, some might even think an attempt at rescuing their beloved leader from the depths of the ocean while seeking revenge a feasible idea.

Realising that that may be what the Decepticons are planning, perhaps Prime thought it'd be a good idea to hang around for a little while longer.

Makes sense.

I disagree.

The Autobots have the upper-hand by having the Decepticon's by the balls. They know they will be in shambles, and they should have been the wise thousands of year old robots and said:

"Now that we know the Allspark is destroyed, our biggest enemy is destroyed also, we must/should head back to Cybertron and clean-up or lay down the law."

No. They decided to stay here and hang out while the rest of the brethren are having their asses handed to them on Cybertron.

Another thing is when Prime stated that his brethren were "among the stars", meaning they are off of Cybertron already. What are they doing there? They sent Bumblebee to scout Earth and guard Spike, and they know Megatron is there. So why?

Because the rich resource that Earth has makes it a prime target for the Decepticons. And since the Allspark is gone, the Decepticons need find something else to do. And conquest of a rich planet seems like a good idea. Besides, some might even think an attempt at rescuing their beloved leader from the depths of the ocean while seeking revenge a feasible idea.

Realising that that may be what the Decepticons are planning, perhaps Prime thought it'd be a good idea to hang around for a little while longer.

Makes sense.

It does make sense. But it's injected imagination. At no point do they make reference to being able to use Earth resources. Your Megatron statement begs another question: why didn't they just shoot him off into space... the Sun perhaps. Seemed awefully dangerous to dump him in the ocean.

I was just extrapolating. No factual basis.

About shooting Megs off into space... that would cost the government heckuvalot of money, wouldn't it?

I was just extrapolating. No factual basis.

About shooting Megs off into space... that would cost the government heckuvalot of money, wouldn't it?

Why can't the Autobots morph back into their pods? Or at least scan a rocket and morph into it? They were on Mars weren't they? How'd they get off Mars? How'd they plan to get off of Earth? Not once are you led to believe that they're stranded on Earth. Obviously Starscream can leave orbit (as a normal Jet no less and not his pyramid-vehicle he was in the cartoon---- which would have been cool! :yay: ).

Why can't the Autobots morph back into their pods? Or at least scan a rocket and morph into it? They were on Mars weren't they? How'd they get off Mars? How'd they plan to get off of Earth? Not once are you led to believe that they're stranded on Earth. Obviously Starscream can leave orbit (as a normal Jet no less and not his pyramid-vehicle he was in the cartoon---- which would have been cool! :yay: ).
Explaining that requires further extrapolation and the taking of certain liberties from what was presented in the movie. ;)

Given how the pods crash-landed, I doubt they have proper flight navigational capabilities. We discovered that the Decepticons were on Mars, not the Autobots. The Autobots (or at least Bay's Autobots) probably did not have any individual interstellar capabilities and require some kind of vehicle, I don't know.

Or maybe it was plain oversight. Maybe they thought that the ridiculous water pressure on the floor of the deepest ocean might be sufficiently destructive or could the very least be an effective tomb.

Explaining that requires further extrapolation and the taking of certain liberties from what was presented in the movie. ;)

Given how the pods crash-landed, I doubt they have proper flight navigational capabilities. We discovered that the Decepticons were on Mars, not the Autobots. The Autobots (or at least Bay's Autobots) probably did not have any individual interstellar capabilities and require some kind of vehicle, I don't know.

Or maybe it was plain oversight. Maybe they thought that the ridiculous water pressure on the floor of the deepest ocean might be sufficiently destructive or could the very least be an effective tomb.

That's what I assumed.

The fact the AllSpark only seem to produce Decepticons.

Don't give me the "they wouldn't know any better" thing, they looked evil.
Plus, if I was just "born" I wouldn't aim my guns everywhere, I'd be like "holy ****! wtf?!?!"

The belief I had was that the allspark may have been damaged or reconfigured by the decepticons to produce decepticons before it was injected into space.

The belief I had was that the allspark may have been damaged or reconfigured by the decepticons to produce decepticons before it was injected into space.

That's something I've always wondered. They didn't even mention it in the comics except for the fact that Optimus was the one that sent it into space.

All the autobots would need is some kind of vehicle to get them off whatever planet they are on and into space. In space there is no pressure and air resistance. Moving throughout space for thousands of miles merely requires a moderate amount of fuel and some initial momentum. More fuel was used up during the few minutes it took the rockets used in the apollo missions to break out of earth's atmosphere than the fuel used to get to the moon and back again.

The autobots don't fly out of earth's atomsphere in the movie because they simply don't have the energy to do it.

Hopefully, the sequel will show that the ark and other ships like it were used to transport the autobots for long distances through space.

All the autobots would need is some kind of vehicle to get them off whatever planet they are on and into space. In space there is no pressure and air resistance. Moving throughout space for thousands of miles merely requires a moderate amount of fuel and some initial momentum. More fuel was used up during the few minutes it took the rockets used in the apollo missions to break out of earth's atmosphere than the fuel used to get to the moon and back again.

The autobots don't fly out of earth's atomsphere in the movie because they simply don't have the energy to do it.

Hopefully, the sequel will show that the ark and other ships like it were used to transport the autobots for long distances through space.

Not to mention that Optimus said they are staying on earth to protect the humans. What more noble deed do you want from a hero. They can obviously easily hide from humanity or anything else for that matter, so who are they putting in danger exactly?

Plus, Optimus said "With the Allspark gone, we cannot rebuild our world....." So maybe Cybertron is beyond repair?

Not to mention that Optimus said they are staying on earth to protect the humans. What more noble deed do you want from a hero. They can obviously easily hide from humanity or anything else for that matter, so who are they putting in danger exactly?

Plus, Optimus said "With the Allspark gone, we cannot rebuild our world....." So maybe Cybertron is beyond repair?

Technically they can temporarily hide from the humans but, the battle in the city made the humans aware of an alien prescence on earth. The ending of the movie should have been different because with more autobots and decepticons coming to earth in the sequel it will be impossible for the US government to prevent civilians from eventually finding out about the truth.

I wonder if the government approves of the Autobots presense on earth? Meaning is Prime and co working 'with' the government.That wasn't shown very clearly. I'm pretty sure the government doesn't want more of their kind coming to earth, either way.....

I wonder if the government approves of the Autobots presense on earth? Meaning is Prime and co working 'with' the government.That wasn't shown very clearly. I'm pretty sure the government doesn't want more of their kind coming to earth, either way.....

They probably would confiscate it from sam and those guys then freeze them seeing as they are unpredictable. then use it to advance technology

I'm still trying to figure out how the Autobots knew everything about Megatron, how he got to Earth, all about Sam and his great-great-grandfather, etc. I mean the decepticons had to hack the military network to get the info, yet Optimus just seemed to know everything. Where'd he get his info?

I'm still trying to figure out how the Autobots knew everything about Megatron, how he got to Earth, all about Sam and his great-great-grandfather, etc. I mean the decepticons had to hack the military network to get the info, yet Optimus just seemed to know everything. Where'd he get his info?

E-bay.
Plus, presumably, Bumblebee had been here for years doing detective work.

Im pretty sure in the opening credits Prime said that Cybertron was a dead planet...and that they were looking for the Allspark to bring life back to it. When they destroyed the Allspark all chances of reinvigorating Cybertron were lost. So why not call for those comrads still floating around spcae to come to earth????

Im pretty sure in the opening credits Prime said that Cybertron was a dead planet...and that they were looking for the Allspark to bring life back to it. When they destroyed the Allspark all chances of reinvigorating Cybertron were lost. So why not call for those comrads still floating around spcae to come to earth????

Err he did call for those comrads at the end.

"I am Optimus Prime and I send this message to any surviving Autobots taking refuge among the stars. We are here. We are waiting".

Here is one thing that bothered me ... highly advanced computer robots who could understand binary code man they just strayed so far from the comic

Im joking and explaining it because i know i would get a serious response back

Technically they can temporarily hide from the humans but, the battle in the city made the humans aware of an alien prescence on earth. The ending of the movie should have been different because with more autobots and decepticons coming to earth in the sequel it will be impossible for the US government to prevent civilians from eventually finding out about the truth.

I think civilians already know about them, but they can still hide from humans when they need to. They here to protect us now, that is their main goal now the Allspark is gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"