Your DC future movie list thread

Mr. Dent

Superhero
Reaction score
Just post a list of what you think the best case scenario for DC's movie universe is and what you think should come out when. Here's mine:

2013 - Man of Steel
2015 - World's Finest
2016 - The Batman, Man of Steel 2
2017 - Justice League
2018 - Wonder Woman, Flash
2019 - The Batman 2, Green Lantern reboot
2020 - Justice League 2, Dark Universe

Or in other words, it would take them until 2020 to catch up to where Marvel is right now.

MOS 2

World's Finest

Flash

Wonder Woman

(rebooted GL maybe?)

Justice League

For me, the absolute best case scenario is Guillermo del Toro gets to make his "Dark Universe" movie. That's the ultimate DC movie. Give me that and some new Batman movies starting 2016 or 17.

Ahh yes Dark Universe would be at the top of my list

(2015) World's Finest
(2016) MOS2, Wonder Woman, Dark Universe
(2017) Flash, Batman,
(2018) Justice League, Sandman
(2019) Aquaman, Green Lantern reboot
(2020) Nightwing
(2021) Teen Titans

I have Dark Universe down at 2020 because Del Toro said himself we wouldn't be seeing it until around then.

True but like you said, this is a thread about the best case scenarios :)

Here's what I posted in the JL thread:

2015 or 2016

JLA - kind of like a First Class situation, have the original group of Green Lantern, The Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Martian Manhunters take on the threat of Starro.

2016 or 2017

Batman Reboot - A year 2 story focusing on Batman taking on the Riddler
Man of Steel 2 - Brainiac as the villain and Lex Luthor introduced

2017 or 2018

Worlds Finest or Trinity - the end would have them meet the JLA. The villains would be Lex, the Joker and maybe have someone like Croc or Bane involved for the physical stuff. Cameo from Aquaman kind of in the same way he made a cameo in the Matt Wagner's Trinity book.

Brave and the Bold - A Green Lantern & Flash team up film and have an Aquaman cameo (maybe an extended one in the final battle). Not sure who the villains would be but I'd have it be a great threat so that Aquanan could get involved.

2018 or 2019

JLA 2 with Superman and Batman joining the team, villains been Darkseid and his minions on Apokolips

2021 or 2022

JLA 3 - villains would have to be the Legion of Doom and have it be done in the same way as Alex Ross and Jim Krueger's Justice.

Of course this would be a big ask as you'd have to film these movies pretty quickly, but they did it with Avengers quickly after Cap and Thor. You could even put two year gaps in between them all but I think this would be a great way to tackle it.

2013 - Man of Steel
2014 - Dark Universe
2015 - World's Finest(that introduces Batman), Flash and a Green Lantern reboot
2016 - Man of Steel 2 and Wonder Woman
2017 - Justice League(that introduces Martian Manhunter and Aquaman)
2018 - Man of Steel 3

and so on and so forth

Man of Steel
Batman
Worlds Finest
Superman 2 | Begin a 2 part Batman movie
Wonder Woman | End a 2 part Batman Movie
Justice League - Members: Superman. Batman. Wonder Woman. Green Lantern. Flash. Use Green Arrow as a military watch on these superhero's who also shares their same beliefs
Green Lantern
Flash
Aquaman
Justice League 2 : Martian Manhunter warns of Dark Seid (need of all 7 superheroes)
Superman 3 | Wonder Woman 2
Green Lantern 2 | Flash 2
Aquaman 2 | Joker STAND ALONE FILM {have NO Batman at all and just give us a origin film if you will without ever answering where Joker comes from or any real name}
GRAND FINALE: Batman 4 (Arkham City style and have Batman retire at the end making room for the next heir)

Quote from a thread in JL forum:

After MOS, I want the films done this way:

year one - The Flash (I don't have it as 2014 or 2015, but just a "random year"). It's best to start out slow with just one hero. I haven't decided what villain(s) yet. It should come out during the spring.

year two - Green Arrow (May), Hawkman (Jul/Aug)
Carter Hall, reincarnation, ancient Egypt
MOS sequel can come the same year, why not Nov/Dec. It's best to have the most popular guy last

year three - The Flash 2 and Wonder Woman, not sure who should come first, profit-wise, a new character or a sequel to a success?

year four - Green Arrow 2, Aquaman, Ocean Master for the latter
Batman reboot to close the year

year five - Wonder Woman 2, Hawkman 2
Katar Hol/Thanagar
MOS 3

year six - Aquaman 2 (Black Manta), The Flash 3

year seven - Time to give Green Lantern another chance, People may have forgotten the old film, then we should have Batman 2

year eight - Wonder Woman 3, Green Arrow 3 and then World's Finest

year nine - Green Lantern 2, Hawkman 3, then Trinity

year ten - Aquaman 3, Justice League

Alrighty then.

2013-Man of Steel
2014-Justice League(main focus on Wonder Woman, Despero as the villain, Darkseid brought up in conversation)
2015-Batman Reboot(intro for Dick Grayson as Robin), Wonder Woman(Ares introduced as Big Bad for her), Aquaman
2016-Man of Steel 2(Lex Luthor introduced and fleshed out, Legion of Doom intro) Justice League 2(Main focus on Flash, Legion of Doom as villain, Libra arrives as Darkseid's herald) Flash film(glimpses of a dark future requiring sacrifice)
2017-Batman 2 (Dick Grayson becomes Nightwing, Jason Todd and Tim Drake both accept the Robin role), Trinity (Cheetah, Luthor, and Joker take over Legion of Doom, Jason Todd killed, Joker apparently killed, Libra makes a deal with Vandal Savage), Green Lantern(the Sinestro Corps and Apocalypse join forces to fight the Green Lanterns)
2018-Man of Steel 3(Brainiac heralds Darkseid as well, Luthor realizes just how out of their league Earth is), Justice League 3 ( Darkseid possesses Vandal Savage, unleashes Doomsday and the Anti-Life Equation; the remaining Legion members join the League, all heroes die, or incapacitated in a likewise way, so all actors and directors can switch out or stay on for next round)

Man of Steel
Wonder Woman
Justice League
Batman reboot
Man of Steel 2

I have no idea why WB hasnt adapted Sandman in some form... wtf thats one of their greatest stories.

Apart from Flash, Teen Titans, WW, and Justice League, i really want to see Justice League Dark, and SANDMAN!!

One DC movie I'd love to see re-made, and a character that never really gets mentioned at all is Swamp Thing. I'd love to see a dark, almost horror-like movie. I haven't collected comics in years, but I seem to remember the run from like 5-6 years ago being pretty good. Anyone else want to see Swamp Thing return?

2015: WF, Catwoman
2016: MoS 2
2017: WW, Nightwing
2018: Justice League
2019: MoS 3, GL spinoff
2020: Nightwing 2, Flash spinoff
2021: JL2
2022: GL sequel, Flash sequel
2023: Nightwing 3
2024: JL3
2025: Batman Beyond

Last edited:
I have no idea why WB hasnt adapted Sandman in some form... wtf thats one of their greatest stories.

Apart from Flash, Teen Titans, WW, and Justice League, i really want to see Justice League Dark, and SANDMAN!!

I feel like Sandman and Death have constantly been in talks or "pre-production" of some sort for years. I really hope it eventually gets done. I agree. Sandman is amazing. The least they could do is throw us a bone by animating part of it.

2015: MOS2
2016: Dark Universe
2017: Batman Reboot, Wonder Woman
2018: WF, The Flash
2019: Green Lantern Reboot, Batman 2, MOS 3
2020: Justice League

One DC movie I'd love to see re-made, and a character that never really gets mentioned at all is Swamp Thing. I'd love to see a dark, almost horror-like movie. I haven't collected comics in years, but I seem to remember the run from like 5-6 years ago being pretty good. Anyone else want to see Swamp Thing return?

I loved both films as a kid. I would love to see a new film(s).

I'm still waiting for Teen Titans, and every other film announced after Batman Begins.

MOS

Justice League (see the plot summary I came up with a few months back, needs work)

Wonder Woman
The Flash

The Aquaman of Atlantis
Green Lantern Corps.

Green Arrow
Justice Society: The Golden Age

Justice League 2
Legion of Superheroes

Batman: What Am I?
MOS 2

Wonder Woman 2
Flash 2