Your Favorite Post

trustyside-kick

The Marine Marvel
Reaction score
It's asking a lot. Asking you to try to see if you can find out of all the work you've put into what possibly is your favorite post...but it is something I thought could be fun. If you want to do it for each character? Sure! Pick absolutely only one? Sure! Or how about your favorite for each RPG? That's cool.

I won't have mine ready yet, I just wanted to get the thread up and see how it goes.

I was hoping to be able to quote my post, but since it's in the Archive Forum, all I can do is link to it.

Here.

I had the "I'm nobody's slave" line in my head from the very beginning of The Unity storyline, and I'm very happy with how things turned out.

There's also this post as my second favorite, but only when read in conjunction with LibrarianThorne's following post for Superman's death.

My Vincent Del Arrazio posts are my favourites. I'll link to them later.

Favorite Supergirl post and post overall:

Supergirl said:
Kara walked up to the podium, once more a tearful look took hold of her powerful features. Even as she cleared her throat her eyes started filling with tears again.

"Everyone here has lost someone in this horrifying Crisis. Some have lost family, some have lost friends, and some have lost mere acquaintances.
In this sea of blood, the Titans, both current and past, have swam the deepest. We have always been known as the closest team, the one that is a surrogate family, and to lose so many of our brothers and sisters is hard for any family. In this Crisis we lost Arsenal and his daughter, we lost Kid Flash and Raven. We lost Tempest and Flamebird.
Some have suggested that this warzone is no place for children, and they may be right, but that won't stop us from fighting. No matter what happens, it would be more dangerous to disband the Titans than to keep the team going. In honor of our fallen teammates, of our fallen family, we will keep fighting. Throughout the history of this team we've had our fair share of both casualties and leaders. That first list grows too large, as we add these new names to the hall of fallen heroes. They join a lineage that is sadly too grand. Kole, Aquagirl, Golden Eagle, Jericho. Lilith, Hawk, Dove and Terra.
Today we add five more heroes to their memories.

Our leaders throughout our history have also been great; Nightwing, Wonder Girl, Arsenal, Cyborg, and Robin. Today we also add to that list, and I hope to do all my teammates proud, both past and present. Parts of the legacy have faded, as more are brought into life.
As I lead this team into its future, I promise our fallen friends, that we will continue this battle in your memory, wherever your souls may rest."

Favorite Roy post, this one's tough after reviewing a couple of the last posts of Season IV...

But I have to give it to my heroin riddled Roy post:
Roy's pulse was racing, and his pain receptors were starting to overload. His body started spasming and as he rolled over, he threw up again.

Inside his head, his psyche fought to regain control amidst the madness.

In his vision he saw flames lick the sky like the buildings of Metropolis around him. In the air above him he saw six birds. He could tell that they were all hawks, his spirit guide. Here to lead the way for him as they had done so many times before.

~~~~~"So kid, Brave Bow here tells me you're a good shot, show me what you got."

"What do you want me to do, Mr. Green Arrow... Sir?"

The archer pointed to the sky above. A dot in the sky, that Roy could tell was a hawk.

"Shoot that hawk"

"I can't hurt the hawk. He's my spirit guide."

"Oh well, just thought a tail feather would look cool in my cap."

Roy raised his bow, and took aim at the hawk. He let the arrow go, and the hawk flew away. Roy ran in the direction of his shot.

"Aw kid you didn't hit... holy s**t."

In the ground near Roy's feet, impaled by his arrow was a single tail feather.~~~~~

One of the hawks in Roy's dream dived at the ground. It was a gross monstrosity of what a hawk looks like, warped by the drugs in his veins. It screeched at him and he jumped back. The shape of the hawk started to change forms. It became a man familiar to Roy, one who had been his first surrogate father, before Ollie. Raymond Begote. Brave Bow as Ollie called him. It was a distorted version, but one still recognisable to Roy.

"Lost Arrow. Roy Harper. You have disgraced your dine'e'. You have abused the natural substances of the world. You have disgraced yourself."

~~~~"You must leave Nat-sees-an."

Roy at thirteen was crushed. Tears streamed down his face. He felt betrayed by his brothers, his family.

"You are Bela Gona. The white man. Your place is not here. You must find it yourself."~~~~

"Just a minute now. Its YOU who abandoned me. Left ME on MY own. I kicked the habit on my own with no help from you, or from Ollie."

The shape in front of him morphed again, taking on the appearance of a demonic version of Oliver Queen.

"Its a weak boy who'd turn to drugs in the first place Speedy."

"If I was weak, it was because you always cared more about the thrills of playing hero with Hal and banging Dinah than raising me. It took a weak boy to get hooked, but a weaker man to turn his back on that hooked boy."

Before the argument could continue, the person in front of him changed again, and the walls of flames around him dissapeared, replaced by a blinding white light. In the middle of that light was the woman who was Roy's rock. His best friend. His lover. His teammate. The woman he wanted to spend the rest of his life with but wouldn't get the chance. She wasn't corrupted as she wasn't one of Roy's demons. Instead she was purer in his mind than she had even been in life. A brilliant example of what angels should be.

"Donna. Its you..."

"Roy, turn back. This fight is yours to win. You conquered this demon before, you can do it again."

"But I miss you so much. If letting go means I can be with you again, I can, I swear."

"No. You can't. What would Lian do? More over, its not your time. Not yet. Nor will it remain mine. You'll see me again. I promise."

Roy's eyes flickered open again, but his body still spasmed. The drugs were losing, but it was still a long fight to win the war.

These two get a close second and third though, both from Season IV:

Green Lantern said:
Even before the message came in, Roy knew. He had gotten a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach that he had only gotten three times before. His sharp eyes picked up one of his idols falling in the distance, and when the message came Roy completely zoned.

The first time he had gotten that feeling had been a few years ago now, he'd been watching the Star City Comets playing the Metropolis Marvels at the time. They cut away to breaking news. Before the headline appeared, Roy's instincts had told him something bad had happened. He watched as their was a clip of a plane exploding. His heart had fallen to his knees as he read the scrolling bottomline. "Green Arrow Sacrifices Self to Save Metropolis. Firey End For Emerald Archer. More at 11:00" With Lian watching the game on his lap, Roy had turned the TV off before she could figure out what was going on. When he finally did tell her that her grandpa may not ever come home, it was the hardest thing he had ever had to do.

The next time hadn't been as hard on Lian, but just as hard on Roy. It had come when the sun had gone out. With the end of the world nigh, Roy was so busy trying to contain order that this one didn't really hit home until days after it happened. Another of the most important people in his life made the ultimate sacrifice. Hal Jordan flew into the sun to reignite it and save the world. Even when, he'd gone bad, Roy still had had faith in Hal. After all, Hal had faith in Roy when he was hooked on the junk. Seeing the bright green glow of the sun when it restarted, and knowing what Hal had done, made it hit home even more. He redeemed himself, but only in death; noone would ever be able to thank him for it, at least they didn't think they would.

The last time was even tougher. It had come after both he and Lian had come back from their own death experiences, and when he had found out who hadn't come with them. Compounding it was the fact that either way the blast that had taken Dinah had gone, it would have hit him just as hard. Either taking the closest thing he'd ever had to a mother, or taking the man despite their bickering and constant fights, who had always been his best friend. It had sent Roy into the downward drunken spiral that he had just pulled himself out of. Every night, when Lian asked him the same question, it got harder and harder to answer.

"Daddy, when is Aunt Dinah coming home?"

"Honey, I don't know if she will. Sometimes when family dies, they don't come back."

"Yes they do! Unca Hal came back! Gwampa came back! Auntie Dinah is gonna come back! I know she is!"

Roy could never think of a response to that. Never could even look Lian right in the eye immediately afterwards. He always had to turn away so she couldn't see his tears.

As Roy heard Dick's frantic questions, he looked up.

"He... he has to Dick. Honestly... if a deadbeat like me can beat death once, a legend like him has to be able to do it twice, right?"

And this one:
Green Lantern said:
As Roy hopped back on the bike, he smirked. Then looked back at Dick, "I'll tell her that her "Unca Hotpants" said hi. When things get settled down you'll have to come up and see her, shes growin like a weed. See ya Disco Stu."

Roy gunned the engine and shot northward towards the big apple.

-------------------------------------

Four hours later, the bikes tires squeeled as he tail-whipped the cycle into the JSA's private underground lot. "WOOHOO!" He hopped off, leaving it perfectly parked in Ted's spot, and stood by the elevator. A laser scanned his retinas.

Identity Confirmed: Welcome Roy Harper. Sending notification of your arrival to all rooms.

From one of the upstairs rooms he could hear a squeel of joy. "DADDY!" He smiled as he stepped on to the elevator and hit the floor for Jessie's room. As the doors slid open, he braced himself and not a moment too soon as Hurricane Lian dived at him and wouldn't let go.

"Ah, did ya miss your daddy?"

"Uh huh!!! What took so long?"

Roy thought of what to tell her, and then hesitated.

"Ninjas. Daddy was fightin Ninjas."

"REAL Ninjas?!? Cool!"

"Yeah, real ninjas. Hey, you go down to the garage. Uncle Hotpants left us with one of Uncle Spooky's bikes. And he told me to tell ya hi for him."

"We getta ride a Bat-Bike? SWEET! Okay daddy, I'll be down there."

As the door closed Roy was left alone with Jessie.

"Jess, did you see the news?"

"Yeah Roy, I saw. I didn't believe it, but I saw it. Is it true?"

"Fraid so Jess, I saw him fall. You didn't tell Lian did you?"

"No, I figured that be better left to you if it was true."

"God. She's gonna get one back, just to lose another. Well, thanks again for watching her, if you ever need anything you know who to call. In the mean time, I'm gonna take some time off to catch up with her, and a couple other important people. See ya later Jessie."

Roy got in the elevator and pressed the button for the basement. As the door closed he heard Jessie. "Have fun Roy. You deserve it."

Yeah, for once, I do, don't I?

TO BE CONTINUED IN SEASON V

And lastly, Ultimate Barry Allen:

Green Lantern said:
Iris drove towards the campus, and towards Barry's dorm, not noticing a yellow blur following her home. They got to the parking lot and she idled the car to let Barry out.

"Sure you don't wanna come inside? I don't have any homework or anything, so I'll be bored until I recharge..."

"You may not, but I do. Sorry sweetie, but you'll live. Just play ping pong with yourself or something."

"We've been together since High school, you should know by now that I don't like to lose, even to myself"
He stuck his tongue out at her and then leaned into kiss her, passionately.
"Guess, I'll see you tomorrow then huh? Have fun studying."

"Oh, you know it." She rolled her eyes, as Barry closed the door. Barry watched as the car pulled away. For a moment he thought he saw something follow it, but convinced himself he was just being paranoid.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ten minutes later, in her apartment, Iris heard a knock on the door. She opened the door, leaving the security chain on. "Who's th... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!" She tried to speak, but when she saw her visitor all she could do is scream. Suddenly the door broke off its hinges and knocked Iris to the ground below it. Vibrating over her was Ed Thawne.

"...Du yu no how lng it took me to slo dwn my spch enff to be undrstndble? It's all yur stpd bytoy's fault. I'll kll yu to teach him a lssn. Wht are you waiting fur? Call him. Hve him "ZOOM" to your rescu He'll be too late. Zoom. Isn't that such an intense word? I think I'll cll myslf that."

Iris frantically hit her speed dial. "Barry! Please help..." Before she could finish her sentence a yellow hand flew accross her face and her scream drowned out the sound of her jaw bone breaking into several pieces. Tears rolled down her face and blood poured from her mouth as she looked up in time to see a yellow blur land in her chest. Zoom's kick broke all but two of her ribs and sent her sprawling across the room.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

As he heard the scream, Barry dropped the phone, and windows across town shattered as he ran to Iris's apartment. Dear god... just let her be okay. Please.

He got there and saw the knocked down door, and his former friend standing over Iris, fist raised to bring down in her face again. She coughed and Barry saw the droplets of blood that came out.

"GET AWAY FROM HER YOU SADISTIC BASTARD! IF YOU LAY ANOTHER GODDAMNED FINGER ON HER I'LL..."

"Du wht Alln? Kll me? Doubtful."

Zoom picked up Iris and threw her at blinding speed into the far wall near Barry. Barry was too shocked to react in time to catch her and she landed with a thud next to his feet. "NO! GOD DAMN YOU!" Barry picked her up and felt for a pulse. Just barely. "Iris, hold on. Please. You can do it. You're strong. Don't leave me."

"Barry. Don't do anything you'll regret. Please. It'll beokay. I just need to sleep now... good night Barry."

With those last words, her eyes shut, and her chest stopped struggling to raise and lower with each breath. Tears welled up in Barry's goggles as he realized he hadn't been there for the one person he loved the most in the world, when she had needed him.

"YOU SICK MURDERING BASTARD! I WAS NEVER ANYTHING BUT NICE TO YOU! WHAT THE HELL DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS YOU MONSTER?"

"Trted me like the dirt on your shoes. And now she's dead because of it. Who's nxt Alln? Mom? Dad? Brother? Crtnly not you. You nd to sffer for making me a frk!"

"NO! You'll hurt noone else!"

Barry threw himself at Zoom at near light speed and an orangish blur circled the world, ending up in the Arizona desert. Barry dropped Zoom and continued running to build up momentum. He spun and carried his momentum back to Zoom laying a haymaker on Ed's jaw and sending him flying through the air.

flashvzoomfullycolored4xw.jpg

Zoom struggled to pick himself off the ground after the punch, and Barry stood, ready to beat him into hamburger when he did.

"Pick your slimey ass up you spineless pathetic worm. I want the satisfaction of beating your face into jello fairly."

That Ultimate Flash post is equal parts depressing and awesome.

I'll get some of my best efforts up later.

Effort being the keyword.

In order to not perpetuate the habit of vanity, I'm just gonna post links to my favorite posts from others ('cause frankly, I'll never be happy with any of mine. There'll always be something missing.).

The first is from Season III of the DC RPG, dealing with the Unity. Rudy Jones, the Parasite (played to perfection by Spike_x1) is attempting to force the Unity from his mind, using some stolen Speed Force to do so. Superman (played by myself) had left to recruit Jay Garrick to give more of the Speed Force to Rudy.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=7377677&postcount=1961

This is one of my favorite posts because after all the fights and conflict the Parasite and Superman had during Spike and my respective runs as those characters, this post ends with the two of them flying off together as the last hope for mankind. It's all kinds of awesome, and I'm glad to have been a part of it.

More posts to come. ;)

Superman's reaction to Supergirl's death. This was pretty hard to write, emotionally.

Four words.

After all those years of ridiculous Kryptonite weapons and red sun lamps, all it takes is four words, and the strength is sapped out of me. All the gravity that I've ignored for so long crushes down on me, and the chill that I'd kept deep in my gut washes over me entirely, leaving me numb all over.

Dinah puts her hand on my shoulder, trying in some way to console me, but I barely notice. We've both been on the other side before, but Kara...? She's still so young, she...was.

I stumble through the Hall of Justice, drifting, tuning out the world. Please, God, let me wake up. Let me know this is all some terrible dream.

Let me...

...let me...

"...let me see her."

Without saying a word, Dinah takes my hand and leads me to the room. Even when the world around her grows darker and darker, she still finds strength. How does she do it? I've lifted mountains over my head, gone toe-to-toe with gods and devils...yet the door to her room fills me with more dread than even Doomsday ever managed.

The door opens, and I close my eyes, trying one more time to wake up...

...and there she is.

Kara...no...

Her body is battered and broken, a telling gash across her throat. Her face, that used to light up the gloomiest day, is bloodied and bruised. Her eyes, which glittered like nothing I've ever seen...were closed for good. What hurts most of all is what I can't see anymore with my extra senses. All of that radiant life energy that used to absolutely burst from within her. The aura, the soul...my little cousin....is gone.

"It was Slade," Dinah says almost matter-of-factly. I can hear her trying to keep her anger at bay. "Slade and Doctor Light. They killed her and Cyborg, and what they've done to Mia...there's more to this than what we can tell. This is..."

She keeps talking, but I don't hear a word of it. It doesn't matter. Nothing matters. Lois is gone, Kara is dead...and I didn't do a thing to help either of them.

I turn and walk away, and I don't stop when I reach the main hall. The rest of the League is being briefed on the situation, the details that they'll handle...I pass right by them without even saying a word. I walk out of the Hall of Justice, and take off into the cold Arctic sky.

A moment later, I'm in the only place on Earth where Superman can go to hide himself from the world: Clark's apartment.

Here, in my study which has been collecting dust ever since Lois vanished, I begin to put on my costume, the glasses and suit that have kept my secrets for years. I make the mistake of glancing over towards our mantle, at the picture of Lois and I at our wedding...

...and I slump down into the nearest chair.

I don't want the League to see me now, when they need to be strong. I put on the glasses to hide something that nobody should ever need to know...

AlexRossSupdesk.jpg

The Man of Steel is broken.

"It was my deer; and he that wounded her
Hath hurt me more than had he kill'd me dead:
For now I stand as one upon a rock,
Environ'd with a wilderness of sea;
Who marks the waxing tide grow wave by wave,
Expecting ever when some envious surge
Will in his brinish bowels swallow him."

-William Shakespeare, Titus Andronicus

And this one from One Universe, where Nick Fury is talking to Billy Batson and Captain America after a big over-the-top battle, has been one of my favorite efforts for a long time.

"What am I doing? I'm disposing of a weapon of mass destruction, Captain."

Fury turned away from his old friend and gazed out the massive hole in the ship's hull, looking down on the city below.

"Captain....Billy....look at Metropolis. Look what you've done, Billy. The most beautiful city in the world is burning. People are dead. Not just other super-people like you or the other members of the League, but innocent men and women...children...were killed today. You, or whatever your alter-ego may be, committed cold-blooded murder by the hundreds. It's a disaster from which this city may very well never recover.

"I've spent my whole life making sure things like this don't happen, Billy. I've done a lot of bad things to protect innocent people from this kind of destruction. Then you come along with some magic word and tear apart the most elite fighting force in the history of the world, and God knows how many people died while you were doing it. Billy, you went berserk, and the finest weapons mankind has ever created weren't even able to scruff your hair."

Fury kept on talking, addressing Billy, but his words were really aimed at Captain America.

"What happened here today was more than just some cape with a god-complex treating peoples' homes like a playground. It was ammunition for a war that is going to last decades, maybe even centuries. Today, the whole world saw that the human race has become obsolete, and that our future is in the hands of demigods in tights. And if this is the way that the super-people are going to use their powers, then there isn't going to be much of a human race left."

The Colonel took a long puff from his cigar, and turned to face Batson and Cap.

"This has become a war, not just for territory, or ideals, but for our very survival. And when extinction is on the table, Captain, there is very little room for a moral code from better times."

He looked at Billy, who was still shaking from the gunshot.

"Believe me, Billy, I'm not a bad man. I don't want to hurt you, if I don't have to. But considering what you've shown yourself to be, I'm starting to think that I don't have much of a choice. So....what happens now?"

Damn. I really don't have a favorite post when it comes to me. Every time I look back at one, I always think of ways to make them better.

Aye. Now favorite posts made by others I can do.

Huh, I would've figured you would pull out something from UDC with Black Mask. You always get comments about your posts with him after all. Naturally, it seemed to me he was one of your favorites.

Although it's pretty hard to find a post that I've written and am completely happy with, I find myself enjoying re-reading my Zatanna posts. The funny thing is, he's the one guy I rarely if ever plan anything with, and just go with whatever I want him to do. Last time that ended in him selling his soul, but hey, whatyagonnado.

As for posts by others, recent events that I've really enjoyed are Orin's wedding in DC as well as MB's Bat-rogues wreaking havoc in Gotham, over in UDC.
I'd dig up the posts, but I'm a lazy bastard right now.

Huh, I would've figured you would pull out something from UDC with Black Mask. You always get comments about your posts with him after all. Naturally, it seemed to me he was one of your favorites.
Oh he is my favourite, by far, although Robin is rapidly catching him up.My all time favourite post was Black Mask filming himself beat up Hawkman:
http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=12615922&postcount=578
That was my favourite arc ever. Just mindlessly beating the crap out of each other, and it was my first crossover arc. May there be many more.
And my favourite posts by someone else may well be:
http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=12931899&postcount=232
http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=12941928&postcount=236

Oh he is my favourite, by far, although Robin is rapidly catching him up.My all time favourite post was Black Mask filming himself beat up Hawkman:
http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=12615922&postcount=578
That was my favourite arc ever. Just mindlessly beating the crap out of each other, and it was my first crossover arc. May there be many more.

Hah, yeah that was my first time RP'ing with someone. It was great, I mean we went from outside Black Mask's office, to the docks, to the sky. Awesome indeed. Cats, we really should beat each other up more.

Hah, yeah that was my first time RP'ing with someone. It was great, I mean we went from outside Black Mask's office, to the docks, to the sky. Awesome indeed. Cats, we really should beat each other up more.
It's a date :up:.....*awkward*

Is it a tear? It's ok to cry man *opens arms* I'm here for you.

In order to not perpetuate the habit of vanity, I'm just gonna post links to my favorite posts from others ('cause frankly, I'll never be happy with any of mine. There'll always be something missing.).

The first is from Season III of the DC RPG, dealing with the Unity. Rudy Jones, the Parasite (played to perfection by Spike_x1) is attempting to force the Unity from his mind, using some stolen Speed Force to do so. Superman (played by myself) had left to recruit Jay Garrick to give more of the Speed Force to Rudy.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=7377677&postcount=1961

This is one of my favorite posts because after all the fights and conflict the Parasite and Superman had during Spike and my respective runs as those characters, this post ends with the two of them flying off together as the last hope for mankind. It's all kinds of awesome, and I'm glad to have been a part of it.

More posts to come. ;)
Wow, that means a lot. Thanks man. :grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"