Comics Your favorite Spiderman comic?

redhood91

Civilian
Reaction score
Just wondering what everyones favorite Spiderman comic that they own. For me I would have to say it's my copy of The Amazing Spiderman 300, I'll try and post a pic later. I'd love to hear what all of yours are.

Take Care, Redhood

I have a few:

184-1.jpg

The first Spidey comic I ever received (a friend gave it to me as a Christmas gift)

374-1.jpg

The first issue of Amazing I ever got.

1-1.jpg

The comic that got me into collecting Spider-Man comics. (I went to the comic shop looking for the Death Of Superman issue, couldn't afford it and this issue had just come out. The guy at the store convinced me that since it was a number 1 issue, and it was a comic starring a villain, which was "unheard of at the time", that it would be a great jumping on point.)

Some really nice issues there. I recently got reprints of the first 50 issues of "Amazing" and they are all awesome so far.

My favorite issues (storywise) would be a toss up between ASM #192 & 200...

My favorite Spider-Man Cover is ASM #68...

The best Spidey comic I own is ASM #1...

:yay:

I enjoy the Marvel Knights' Spider-man run. I like Terry and Racheal Dodsons art and the story was pretty good. I read it at a time when I fell from comics and had gotten into manga (I'm now in a happy space between my love for both) and when I read this is got me back into Spidey and I enjoyed every bit of it...ya know, besides Angelo-Venom.

Artwork wise: Marvels #4: The Day She Died

Storywise: The Amazing Spider-Man #121-122 (The Night Gwen Stacy died) and Ultimate Spider-man #1

My favorite issues (storywise) would be a toss up between ASM #192 & 200...

My favorite Spider-Man Cover is ASM #68...

The best Spidey comic I own is ASM #1...

:yay:

Is that an original copy? I used to own a special reissue copy but I sold it.

Mind you I was younger then 10 at the time.

Is that an original copy?

Yes, I own original copies of ASM #1 to current... started buying in 1975... have been collecting monthly from 1978 to1997, stopped for 4 years, and I have been collecting since 2001...

I got my #1 in 1990... at that time, I only needed #2, #9 & Annual #1 to complete the run... I got the last 2 within a few years, but it took me until 2001 to get my #2.

I also own complete sets of all other Spider titles...

The only book I'm missing is an original copy of Amazing Fantasy #15.

I'm jealous. Quite the collection...I have a nice sized one, but its mostly from the 90s on. My favorite Spider-Man comic I own? I'd have to say, Spider-Man 2099 1, or my Spider-Man vs. Wolverine. Read both countless times.

Yeah, Amazing Spider-Man # 400 is definitely up there on the top of my list. That's just a GREAT issue. Then Marvel had to go and ruin it's impact with a horrid storyline.

I also have a great feeling for Spectacular Spider-Man # 200. I remember that's right when I was getting comic books regularly and I saw the book sitting on the rack with it's foil embossed cover. You just GOTTA love the 90's! :woot: It was a great story with Harry Osborn, who is now magically back to life :oldrazz: And it also marked the beginning of being sucked into this hobby of comic books!

I have that issue as well. I always did dig the Erik Larsen era of pencils on the Spidey book.

There are way too many for me to give just one
Amazing Spider-Man and 300 and Annual 21 are among them
Amazing Spider-Man 041-043

My all time favorite cover and comic:

316.jpg

Wouldn't it be GREAT if comics were 1 dollar again? :oldrazz:

Oh, a nerd can dream!

Yes, I own original copies of ASM #1 to current... started buying in 1975... have been collecting monthly from 1978 to1997, stopped for 4 years, and I have been collecting since 2001...

I got my #1 in 1990... at that time, I only needed #2, #9 & Annual #1 to complete the run... I got the last 2 within a few years, but it took me until 2001 to get my #2.

I also own complete sets of all other Spider titles...

The only book I'm missing is an original copy of Amazing Fantasy #15.

Aloha,
As you know I need #1 and AF#15 for the complete set. Now what does it say about two guys who regardless of what was going on in their personal lives, would NEVER think of selling off their collection to bring in some needed income? It says
SPIDEY RULES:spidey:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"