Your Favorite Toy Appreciation Thread

TEDDY

Da BEAR!
Reaction score
The holidays are here, and with them come lots of new toys and gadgets to play with. But lets not forget the toys of our past.

This thread is dedicated to the memories of the toys we loved playing with as a child. If you have any stories or fond memories of your favorite toys, feel free to tell them here.

Just a little sentimentality for the holliday season.:)

sentimentality?
*looks at teddy giving the finger* riiiiiight

I've got a pantheon of fave toys.Toys that I loved so much,I would say that I passionately was in love with them.

70's : Not Stretch Armstrong , but the green stretch monster that was his nemesis.He is god! Sadly,I finally found a pic of one on the intarwebs and he looks nothing like I remembered,very disappointing.
Evel Knievel and his wind up bike
the Jaws game where he snaps at you while you're removing debris from his open maw.

80's : Big Trak,programmable robot tank
Atari 2600 Donkey Kong,heaven
for some reason I especially worshipped the silver Deathstar droid above all the other SW figures.
Jabba the Hutt playset
Yoda's hutt playset

many more but Stretch Monster was probably favorite.

consider it's the holidays, yes :)

sit_and_spin.jpg

tinkertoys.jpg

kermitdoll.jpg

litebrite.jpg

1960's GI Joes
1970's Shogan Warriors, Legoes
1977/78 Superman :D

fe_1_b.JPG

Best toy ever: Giant Arnold Commando action figure circa 1985.

Uh no, Shogun Warriors were the best

shoguns!.jpg

antmanx68 said:
fe_1_b.JPG

Best toy ever: Giant Arnold Commando action figure circa 1985.

yea but its a giant arnold! like over 12"... so cool...... i still have mine but i lost all the accessories and pants, so mine is in the painted on black speedo.

wrinkles.jpg

Wrinkles
A toy I've had since I was 3-4,
It was a christmas gift from my father,
Mine is one of the talking variants,
Pretty much the only thing I have left of my youngest years,

antmanx68 said:
yea but its a giant arnold! like over 12"... so cool...... i still have mine but i lost all the accessories and pants, so mine is in the painted on black speedo.

The Shogun Warriors are bigger then 12 inches :) much bigger

Our baby sitter had a barbie that she had colored black with marker and she said it was her "Niggy the Maid" doll :(

Dew k. Mosi said:
Our baby sitter had a barbie that she had colored black with marker and she said it was her "Niggy the Maid" doll :(

That ain't right.:(

Yeah Shogun Warriors.Wanted them SO bad but you couldn't find them anywhere in our one-horse town.Always the other kids had 'em.
Then when we did see one my Mom saw the price and said "no way."

Heartbroken,the only one I ever got was a miniaturized die-cast metal one."Dragun" I think,and he shot axes out of his hands,but...a far cry from the humongous majesty of the real ones.

OH COOL,now that I see that pic,it's the one on the far right that I had a smaller version of.Cool to see him again after so many years,thx.

omegafro2000 said:
That ain't right.:(
Our baby sitter wasn't right

She'd feed us Spaghetti-Os and call them Barfo-American and she'd hold seances and pretend to be possessed. She had no chin, and an extra vertebrae in her neck which limited her movement. She also had a sixth toe

She was scary

Wow.

Niggy the maid?

Some ****ed up child hood you got there dew.

Dew k. Mosi said:
I just spat my cheerios all over the keyboard. Christ that's funny :D

Klxnt said:
Wow.

Niggy the maid?

Some ****ed up child hood you got there dew.
****ed up childhood? Because her baby sitter was politically incorrect? Bwahahaa! That's even funnier.

One of my favorite toys is a little baby chimp stuffed animal I got out of a McDonald's Happy Meal when they were giving out the Animals of the Amazon toys from the World Wildlife Protection guys.

Anyways, he's about 5 inches long and looks similar to Curious George. I originally named him Bannanas, but later on he went by the name of The Monkay(Not "monkey", Monkay. He was so cool, he replaced the e with an a.) Since he was a small animal, I can carry him just about anywhere in my pocket. As a matter of fact, I still do.

About 3-4 years ago, when I was a Junior in high school, the Monkay even bacame more popular than I was. I wrote this mind-numbing "poem" which was so stupid and it was funny, and everybody in my grade seemed to know who the Monkay was.(it's a little sickening when a beautiful girl talks to you only to find out how your stuffed monkey is doing) He's even pictured in my Junior yearbook twice(though you have to keep an open eye since he's so small). Kids in my grade would always chant "Monkay" when they saw me. Even underclassmen (even though they never trully understood why they chanted that).

Even today I carry around the Monkay. Who says you can't play with toys when you grow up?

untitled.bmp

You can't go wrong with the classic Transformers. Except if you forget how they transform in mid-process. Then you're in trouble.

But....aside from that....those are awesome.

And the Spidey 2 movie action fiugre, autumn-colored Wolverine from Marvel Legens, adn the MM7 Robocop figure are the current favorites.

Dew k. Mosi said:
WTF!...dude that's so wrong...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"