Comics Your ideal X-Men & brotherhood line-ups?

Ledlunar

Civilian
Reaction score
if you were incharge of a X-Men reboot (alternate earth) comic what characters would you have make up the teams of the X-Men & the Brotherhood who do you feel is essential?

for me personally I like the way the X-Men teams were made up & evolved in 616 from the original 5 to the all new recruits and the random strays as well. I find ever since the mid 90's there are very few characters I like (one of the few I like is Emma Frost as a addition to the roster.) Im tired of Wolverine always having a young girl protege Kitty, Jubilee then Armor... its tiresome.

to me essential X-men are

Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Beast, Shadowcat, Jean, Gambit, Angel, Psylocke & Iceman

then the not essential but characters I do appreciate
Havok, Cable, Banshee, Sunfire, Dazzler, Longshot, Forge, Bishop

as for the brotherhood Id say

Mystique, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Toad, Pyro, Avalanche, Blob & Mastermind

Just curious as to what others on these boards think?

Mains:
Cyclops, Wolverine, Iceman, Storm, Beast, Psylocke, Jean Grey, Colossus, Gambit, Rogue

Alternates:
Havok, Bishop, Kitty, Nightcrawler, Angel, Banshee, Dazzler

Sidestepping the 'alternate earth' comment my favourite 616 line-up that appeared in the comics was around Proteus/Dark Phoenix time - Cyke, Jean, Storm, Nightcrawler Colossus and Wolverine.

If I were picking my dream team though it would be:

Cyclops
Jean Grey
Colossus
Storm
Magik
Magneto

Reserves: Archangel, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Gambit, Cable

Sidestepping the 'alternate earth' comment my favourite 616 line-up that appeared in the comics was around Proteus/Dark Phoenix time - Cyke, Jean, Storm, Nightcrawler Colossus and Wolverine.

Great line-up, within the last year I purchased all the X-Men Masterworks 1-8 aswell as the Uncanny X-Men MW 1-8 all the new editions in HC as a long time collector it was nice to have the time and money to go back and read the early issues with the original 5 & then the famous Claremont/Byrne/Cockrum era Id only read bits and pieces of as my collection starts at issue 200 of Uncanny.

apart of me will always love the Blue/Gold Strike teams best. I just wish Nightcrawler was added to Gold Team & Kitty was there rather then Jubilee. would have been ideal.

& yeah the alternate earth comment I was a bit if'y on using but more so meant it as in If you were involved with a new Ultimate X-Men type reboot title or even a awesome new animated series for that matter

Last edited:
For the reboot (they don't have to appear all in the 1st film, some could debut in the 2nd movie, 3rd, 4th or 5th)

X-Men:
Wolverine
Cyclops
Storm
Jean Grey
Beast
Rogue
Gambit
Iceman
Colossus
Nightcrawler
Angel
Psylocke
Shadowcat
Professor X

X-Men (not so essential):
Emma Frost
Bishop
Havok
Polaris
Banshee
Jubilee
Forge
Sunfire

Brotherhood:
Magneto
Sabretooth
Mystique
Juggernaut
Toad
Avalanche
Blob
Pyro
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch
Destiny

If I were to do a reboot or alternate, I would have it be "many years in the future" (or, just a normal timespan since no one ages in comics) after Wolverine, Storm, Beast, Cyclops, and company have fully aged and are way past their prime.

The team would mostly consist of those that we know in the 616 universe as students or kids, but more grown up, with the 616 X-Men mostly as much older aides/alleys.

X-Men:

Iceman
Shadowcat
Phoenix
Husk
Jamie Madrox
Marrow
Anole
Rockslide
X-23
Elixir
Mercury
Stepford Cookoos
Kid Omega

Senior X-reserves:
Angel
Nightcrawler
Rogue
Psylocke
Dani Moonstar
Layla Miller

Allies:
Blink
Beast
Cecelia Reyes
Emma Frost
Magneto
Mystique

Villains: would love to use mostly new or not very well explored villains. Characters like Juggernaut, Magneto, Mystique, etc have been good/bad/good/bad/good so often that I'd rather create new villains.
A rogue Gambit (see what I did there?)
Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch
Sublime
Reverend Stryker
Humans
Professor Xavier perhaps?

^ God, now all I want to do (and literally I'm obsessing over it right now) is to turn that ^ into a cartoon series.

Seriously, Kyle & Yost, lets make this happen. I know you guys would LOVE my cast and write a great story. Oh, but we'd have to throw Wolverine in there. He can be one of the old guys.

Mine would be

X-Men:
Wolverine
Cyclops
Storm
Jean Grey
Beast
Rogue
Gambit
Iceman
Colossus
Nightcrawler
Angel
Psylocke
Shadowcat
Professor X
The Dazzler
Emma Frost

Brotherhood:

Magneto
Sabretooth
Mystique
Juggernaut
Toad
Blob
Pyro
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch

I would also include HELLFIRE CLUB, SINISTER, Apocalypse and Shadow King as alternate villains

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"