Your Lounge, Should You Choose To Accept It

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaSN.gif

I accept this lounge, and I did not care to watch the new Godzilla trailer.

I just love that new lounge smell...

In other news, my hoverboard is looking closer to the real deal. Please feel free to take a look and pull me to pieces...! :oldrazz:

My hoverboard build

ComicChick said:
comicsrealm.com?
That site doesn't seem to work for me.

*blinks* anyone else seeing the forums in the bottom of the page now?

*blinks* anyone else seeing the forums in the bottom of the page now?

Can't say I do but I am on mobile. At work I'm on desk top so I'll check it when I get in shortly.

Must been a weird glitch, now I don't see it

well well well... hello children

i just caught up with all the comiccon trailers i wanted to... I'll be honest... Arrow actually looked really good.

Glass is probably going to be the best movie, but I think I enjoyed Fantastic Beasts trailer the most... Godzilla is up there, too... Aquaman... im 50/50 half of it looks great, but half of it looks like james cameron got his avatar hands on it and the fish kinda look like ****... so hopefully the CGI is work in progress

I sometimes feel I'm missing out not being a Potterhead. But... I tried and it's just not for me. I don't think it's bad it just doesn't resonate with me.

i just caught up with all the comiccon trailers i wanted to... I'll be honest... Arrow actually looked really good.

Glass is probably going to be the best movie, but I think I enjoyed Fantastic Beasts trailer the most... Godzilla is up there, too... Aquaman... im 50/50 half of it looks great, but half of it looks like james cameron got his avatar hands on it and the fish kinda look like ****... so hopefully the CGI is work in progress
I love your Aquaman description.

Aquaman looks like a mash up of Furiou 7, LotR and WW, but with really unfinished CGI. I also find it strange that as heavily CGI that Beasts and Godzilla both are, they look so much more complete. Especially as Aquaman is out in December.

I sometimes feel I'm missing out not being a Potterhead. But... I tried and it's just not for me. I don't think it's bad it just doesn't resonate with me.
I feel like Potter is something you grow up with for it to really resonate. As a teen living through the prequels, not sure how to feel about them as they came out, it allowed me to enjoy some Star Wars, without necessarily Star Wars, if that makes sense. :funny:

The AM trailer just felt like a focus group tested mess to an extent. I was mostly happy with the content but it felt all over the map. For me the clear winner was Godzilla. It was focused, knew what it was selling and above all CONFIDENT about what it was giving the audience. The AM trailer was a little flop sweaty.

The AM trailer just felt like a focus group tested mess to an extent. I was mostly happy with the content but it felt all over the map. For me the clear winner was Godzilla. It was focused, knew what it was selling and above all CONFIDENT about what it was giving the audience. The AM trailer was a little flop sweaty.
I can completely agree with that. Though I guess there is a chance the movie is as generic as the trailer indicates, which would suck.

I can completely agree with that. Though I guess there is a chance the movie is as generic as the trailer indicates, which would suck.

Eh... I don't want to get into it but... I feel like A LOT of the recent CBMs that have been popular have been pretty middle of the road generic and no, I don't mean flops I mean even very popular ones. Which is to say, I think the audience is embracing "generic".

Eh... I don't want to get into it but... I feel like A LOT of the recent CBMs that have been popular have been pretty middle of the road generic and no, I don't mean flops I mean even very popular ones. Which is to say, I think the audience is embracing "generic".
That's fair. Though I want to know what movies you aren't saying that you want to say. :woot:

Potter is a bit difficult to get into... it was for me... friends just kept on and on about it so i get the first book a read.. it was fun... nothing mind blowing... read the 2nd book... it was the same... but the third... woo...

Voldemort is a truly great villain and Dumbledore is just... Dumbledore. Dont **** with Dumbledore.

its weird cause i would think hunger games etc would be in that same area, but that **** just doesn't click with me at all...

I love your Aquaman description.

Aquaman looks like a mash up of Furiou 7, LotR and WW, but with really unfinished CGI. I also find it strange that as heavily CGI that Beasts and Godzilla both are, they look so much more complete. Especially as Aquaman is out in December.

oh and i cringe every time Mamoa does his YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO screaming thing... he did it in JL and it was awful... I had hoped it wouldn't be a thing in AM... but.... YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It's not so much "generic" as it is...via a non-cbm that shot up to the stratosphere last year near the end of that year and I haven't stopped thinking about...just how tailor-made these blockbusters are. It's a cynical way to think about movies, but we've seriously reached that point where the artistry is in who this is for and the various what this is selling rather than hearing the story filmmakers want to tell.

oh and i cringe every time Mamoa does his YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO screaming thing... he did it in JL and it was awful... I had hoped it wouldn't be a thing in AM... but.... YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
He's the new voice actor for this guy:
cruisecat-whistle.gif

Last edited:
Potter is a bit difficult to get into... it was for me... friends just kept on and on about it so i get the first book a read.. it was fun... nothing mind blowing... read the 2nd book... it was the same... but the third... woo...

Voldemort is a truly great villain and Dumbledore is just... Dumbledore. Dont **** with Dumbledore.

its weird cause i would think hunger games etc would be in that same area, but that **** just doesn't click with me at all...
Prisoner is what locked me in as well Reek.

Hunger Games is very different from Potter imo. Where Potter has a lot of classical ideas, told well, I felt like the Hunger Games starts eating itself by book 2. Also, it just feels like there is a whole lot of ****, without the fun of something like ASOIAF.

Aquabro is... yeah. :funny:

It's not so much "generic" as it is...via a non-cbm that shot up to the stratosphere last year near the end of that year and I haven't stopped thinking about...just how tailor-made these blockbusters are. It's a cynical way to think about movies, but we've seriously reached that point where the artistry is in who this is for and the various what this is selling rather than hearing the story filmmakers want to tell.

Analytics is real and it's affecting more in our lives than we can ever know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"