Your Only Meaningful Relationship Is With An Inflatable Wrestling Thread - Part 239

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if LU gets a larger platform, and the Netflix deal is a part of that, they can be better than they already are

Id love if ROH became a viable #2

Impact has had chance after chance after chance and keep frakking it up

I still fail to understand what you mean by "viable". They're profitable, they're available nationally and worldwide, they have cable PPVs, they're still drawing ~1,000 fans ~50+ times per year, they sign wrestlers to exclusive deals, they work with the #2 and #3 promotions in the world in NJPW and CMLL...

They're easily a viable #2 in the US/Canada. It's not even a question. They're top 5 in the entire world.

Smackdown has never had an NXT Champion on the brand either.

They might soon:

wwe-rumors-the-revival-dash-dawson-nxt-900x440.jpg

I still fail to understand what you mean by "viable". They're profitable, they're available nationally and worldwide, they have cable PPVs, they're still drawing ~1,000 fans ~50+ times per year, they sign wrestlers to exclusive deals, they work with the #2 and #3 promotions in the world in NJPW and CMLL...

They're easily a viable #2 in the US/Canada. It's not even a question. They're top 5 in the entire world.

I don't know how the relationship with ROH and New Japan could be affected if New Japan opens up an American territory.

Id prefer a better TV deal - I get them on NESN here in CT, but that's about it

It's the rematch we've all been waiting for:

[YT]0VtFfJzWw44[/YT]

Id prefer a better TV deal - I get them on NESN here in CT, but that's about it

They are on Comet TV in Hartford, New Haven, Waterbury, and Bridgeport. All you need is an antenna. Comet may also be on local cable providers.

You can get it online:
Monday nights on the Fite App (free)
Monday nights on rohwrestling.com (subscribers)
Wednesday nights on Comettv.com (free)
Wednesday nights on the Comet app for Roku/Apple TV (free)
Thursday nights on rohwrestling.com (free)

Also, ROH's parent company is in the process of buying all Tribune stations, including WGN and several major market CW, Fox, ABC, CBS, and NBC stations.

That UpUpDownDown video has too much yelling from Sasha......lol.

I don't know how the relationship with ROH and New Japan could be affected if New Japan opens up an American territory.

They still need each other. Even if NJPW's US tour is a massive hit, it will be years before they are able to get the infrastructure to rival ROH. ROH is watched by hundreds of thousands (possibly millions) every week and NJPW gets free exposure from that.

And, like with the Young Bucks, they need each other to keep their payscale for top stars competitive with WWE.

They still need each other. Even if NJPW's US tour is a massive hit, it will be years before they are able to get the infrastructure to rival ROH. ROH is watched by hundreds of thousands (possibly millions) every week and NJPW gets free exposure from that.

And, like with the Young Bucks, they need each other to keep their payscale for top stars competitive with WWE.

My issue with ROH/NJPW is that in order for them to even come close to ever competing with the WWE, they need a consistent Women's Division. I know ROH has Women of Honor, but what are they fighting for? It took the UFC years to add female fighters and when they did, they struck while the Ronda Rousey iron was scorching hot. They now have three divisions for women, although one of them is already off to a questionable start. In my honest opinion, there are more options for women in MMA than pro wrestling in terms of major exposure. I know about Shine, Shimmer and WSU, but they have no exposure. The UFC has three divisions of women, Invicta FC is on UFC Fight Pass, Bellator has two divisions of women as well.

You may not give a damn about having women wrestle, but some do. If ROH was to announce that the Women of Honor would be booked on a regular and consistent basis and fighting for a title, there would be more options out there for major exposure for female wrestlers.

I think Matt Riddle could be a draw for someone. I know I'd pay more attention to Impact if they had him.

So having HBK down at the Performance Center....a good thing for NXT? Is he filling the Dusty role in NXT?

I think Matt Riddle could be a draw for someone. I know I'd pay more attention to Impact if they had him.

Riddle would be perfect for Impact due to the fact that they don't have a drug testing policy and Riddle likes to.......well let's just say he enjoys the same stuff as WWE Hall of Famer Snoop Dogg and it's not rap music.

My issue with ROH/NJPW is that in order for them to even come close to ever competing with the WWE, they need a consistent Women's Division. I know ROH has Women of Honor, but what are they fighting for? It took the UFC years to add female fighters and when they did, they struck while the Ronda Rousey iron was scorching hot. They now have three divisions for women, although one of them is already off to a questionable start. In my honest opinion, there are more options for women in MMA than pro wrestling in terms of major exposure. I know about Shine, Shimmer and WSU, but they have no exposure. The UFC has three divisions of women, Invicta FC is on UFC Fight Pass, Bellator has two divisions of women as well.

You may not give a damn about having women wrestle, but some do. If ROH was to announce that the Women of Honor would be booked on a regular and consistent basis and fighting for a title, there would be more options out there for major exposure for female wrestlers.

It's a slow process but ROH is building a women's division. They are bringing in CMLL luchadoras and just signed a working agreement with STARDOM.

They are going to introduce a Women of Honor World Championship as soon as they get enough women signed to exclusive deals.

Until then, we have Women of Honor Wednesdays and the TV/VOD specials. They are doing a whole Women of Honor show before Supercard of Honor.

It can be frustrating but ROH always grows at a slow, organic pace. They're the opposite of TNA and LU.

Okay, here's a fun question:

- Which UFC Fighters do you think would be great fits in WWE? I mean WWE only because they will want maximum exposure like they are in the UFC currently. Also, they have to be wrestling fans and not every UFC Fighter is a pro wrestling fan. Also they cannot be former UFC fighters like Matt Riddle.

I have stated that Ronda Rousey coming in without any pro wrestling training would be a hindrance to the Women in the WWE. Give her a few months of wrestling training though and I think she could be a great addition to the women of the WWE. Although she lost her last two UFC fights, she's still a name, and her signing with the WWE would give the company some major publicity. Then again, she would essentially be a part timer in the Women's Division since she would not work live events.

I think a nice addition to the WWE from the current UFC would be Paige Van Zant. She's young enough in that she can spend a year in NXT. She has name value via Dancing with the Stars. She's also a wrestling fan, having stated her all time favorite is The Rock.

And of course, there's Conor McGregor, who I don't think is really a wrestling fan like Ronda or PVZ is.

I don't think Daniel Cormier would be good for the WWE for anything but a one-off. I know he's a big wrestling fan and there's a video of him from WM 31 marking out to the Seth Rollins cash-in.

No chance ever that Ronda or PVZ do Indies if they ever pursue pro wrestling.

Last edited:
he's working in their "finishing class", basically people getting ready to start working NXT shows

Dusty did not do that did he?

Oh and if they ever make more episodes of Southpaw Regional Wrestling, the Revival needs to be in it. I hope there is more as I want to see Big Bart fight the Sea Monster to try to get his farm back.

I want half-hour episodes of SRW on the network with one or two matches. I want someone to steal Foley and Owen's popcorn spot for it too.

I want half-hour episodes of SRW on the network with one or two matches. I want someone to steal Foley and Owen's popcorn spot for it too.

I want New Day to be a stable of evil Russians.

Kane and Bryan should play Hall and Oates (SRW's answer to the Rock n' Wrestling/MTV connection).

Big Bart vs. the Sea Monster for Big Bart's Farm!

SRW needs to do a hair vs hair feud between Tex Ferguson and Kevin Owens as "The TigerBeat Boy" Corey J. Nelson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"