Your Only Meaningful Relationship Is With An Inflatable Wrestling Thread - Part 239

Status
Not open for further replies.
SRW need to do a hair vs hair feud between Tex Ferguson and Kevin Owens as "The TigerBeat Boy" Corey J. Nelson.

So if Tex loses, he needs to shave off his beard?

Although he is Swiss, SRW needs to have Cesaro in lederhosen.

Last edited:
Although he is Swiss, SRW needs to have Cesaro in lederhosen.

Cesaro should play an Italian New Yorker from the 1970s, suspiciously similar to John Travolta's character from Saturday Night Fever.

So which ECW Guys do you think will be in the WWE Hall of Fame? These guys are likely:

- Paul Heyman
- Tommy Dreamer
- The Dudley Boyz
- Tajiri
- Chris Jericho (although he's likely to go in based on his work in WCW and WWE)

These guys are maybe:
- Rob Van Dam (depending upon current relationship with WWE)
- Tazz (he was in the ECW Special on WWE Network)
- Dean Malenko
- Rhino
- Steve Corino (Coach at WWE Performance Center)
- Lance Storm

Last edited:
Heyman should be imminent. Will go in once possibilities for Lesnar have been exhausted....and that can't be that far off

So which ECW Guys do you think will be in the WWE Hall of Fame? These guys are likely:

- Paul Heyman
- Tommy Dreamer
- The Dudley Boyz
- Tajiri
- Chris Jericho (although he's likely to go in based on his work in WCW and WWE)

These guys are maybe:
- Dean Malenko
- Rhino
- Lance Storm

Rob Van Dam, Raven, Rhino, Taz, Tommy Dreamer, the Dudleys, Chris Jericho, Yoshihiro Tajiri, Rey Mysterio, Psicosis, Paul Heyman, Shane Douglas, 2 Cold Scorpio, Sabu, The Sandman, Bam Bam Bigelow, Jerry Lynn, and Stevie Richards should all be in there based on their combined WWF, ECW, and WCW accomplisments.

Rob Van Dam, Raven, Rhino, Taz, Tommy Dreamer, the Dudleys, Chris Jericho, Yoshihiro Tajiri, Rey Mysterio, Psicosis, Paul Heyman, Shane Douglas, 2 Cold Scorpio, Sabu, The Sandman, Bam Bam Bigelow, Jerry Lynn, and Stevie Richards should all be in there based on their combined WWF, ECW, and WCW accomplisments.

Douglas would rather get the clap from one of Ric Flair's many ex-wives than ever be associated with the WWE ever again. Same goes I think for Sabu and Sandman and Lynn. Not sure about Psicosis or Richards. 2 Cold Scorpio is a part of the concussion lawsuit against the WWE.

My list is based off the people in ECW on good terms with the WWE and that list is all there is in terms of who in ECW is on good terms with the WWE with Storm and RVD the only ones not employed by WWE.

Last edited:
I don't care about WWE's politics. I'm just basing it on what they accomplished between the ropes and on my TV screen.

Trying to predict what Vince McMahon will actually do is a crapshoot.

- Paul Heyman
- Tommy Dreamer
- The Dudley Boyz
- Tajiri

These guys are maybe:
- Dean Malenko
- Rhino
- Lance Storm

Corino is the only guy on that list I can't see making it. I think it's more of an issue of timing things to where guys fit. Jericho is one of the guys who can headline the Hall of Fame ceremony for them. Realistically when you put in Koko B. Ware and Godfather, you can put in anyone you feel like.

Cesaro should play an Italian New Yorker from the 1970s, suspiciously similar to John Travolta's character from Saturday Night Fever.

:awesome:

I feel Mickie James would be a good fit for SRW.

I want Keith David to narrate a documentary about Southpaw Regional Wrestling's rivalry against Cloudy Hills Wrestling Alliance in a new show called The Wednesday Night War. Featuring current WWE superstars talking about their childhood memories watching both shows, played completely straight.

IMO, the biggest surprise in pro wrestling this year is Kurt Angle coming back to the WWE. I had thought he was going to be the WWE 2K18 legend, but not this year's headliner for the WWE Hall of Fame, so when he was announced my reaction was "wait, what?" The WWE does good things sometimes, one of which is Southpaw Regional Wrestling but sometimes it's stuff like bringing Angle back to the WWE. This means though that there will be a lot more Kurt Angle content on the WWE Network and WWE.COM and their YouTube page. This means that the possibly is there for an all encompassing DVD set on Angle's career. It also means that Angle will appear on other Network shows too. I could see Angle popping up on the Edge and Christian Show if they ever make a season two. Angle has also done some acting, so he's probably going to pop up on the crappy films that they make.

Also, now that he's back in the WWE, can we have Kurt appear in Southpaw Regional Wrestling?

I feel bad for Paige and Xavier Woods in that they did nothing wrong. All of them were consenting adults. They shouldn't be punished for things they did in private that were done privately between consenting adults, but they will be punished in court of public opinion.

As for NXT, I went to a live event a couple months back in LA and it was packed. The atmosphere was great and the fans were enthusiastic for just about everyone. If anything, NXT seems to be growing by leaps and bounds as a brand.

I feel bad for Paige and Xavier Woods in that they did nothing wrong. All of them were consenting adults. They shouldn't be punished for things they did in private that were done privately between consenting adults, but they will be punished in court of public opinion.

All I know is, when I eventually have sex for the first time, I am totally not recording it. :o

As for NXT, I went to a live event a couple months back in LA and it was packed. The atmosphere was great and the fans were enthusiastic for just about everyone. If anything, NXT seems to be growing by leaps and bounds as a brand.
Fans are enthusiastic in the Impact Zone too; doesn't really mean anything.

From everything we hear, NXT still loses significant amounts of money. It's just that those losses provide value to WWE (content for the network, drawing in "hardcore" fans who generally spend more, keeping talent away from the competition, development) so it's probably going to be around for years to come.

Fans are enthusiastic in the Impact Zone too; doesn't really mean anything.

Yes it does. NXT tours and sells out just where ever they go. Also the fans at the Palladium PAID to be there. Fans at the Impact Zone aren't paying to be there.

From everything we hear, NXT still loses significant amounts of money. It's just that those losses provide value to WWE (content for the network, drawing in "hardcore" fans who generally spend more, keeping talent away from the competition, development) so it's probably going to be around for years to come.

How does it lose money if it helps showcase and build bigger stars who help make money for the company later on? They get that money back elsewhere.

How does it lose money if it helps showcase and build bigger stars who help make money for the company later on? They get that money back elsewhere.

They lose money, but the WWE isn't going to get rid of it.

Last edited:

Without going into WWE's books, I can see how NXT is a loss leader (i.e., a product you make as a company that actually loses you money, but helps support your other products, so you accept those losses).

NXT sells out, but the tickets are much cheaper than an equivalent main roster event. Also, Raw and Smackdown bring in money from their TV contracts with outside media entities, not just in the United States, but in all the major markets WWE serves; on paper, NXT is like a separate roster that the WWE pays for that brings in no external revenue from television. That's a huge difference in cash flow.

Without going into WWE's books, I can see how NXT is a loss leader (i.e., a product you make as a company that actually loses you money, but helps support your other products, so you accept those losses).

NXT sells out, but the tickets are much cheaper than an equivalent main roster event. Also, Raw and Smackdown bring in money from their TV contracts with outside media entities, not just in the United States, but in all the major markets WWE serves; on paper, NXT is like a separate roster that the WWE pays for that brings in no external revenue from television. That's a huge difference in cash flow.

In my opinion, NXT right now is going through the motions. They are going to need some new blood fast otherwise, Takeover: Brooklyn III is going to be almost the same set of talent as Takeover Orlando minus Nakamura and either Revival or #DIY.

In my opinion, NXT right now is going through the motions. They are going to need some new blood fast otherwise, Takeover: Brooklyn III is going to be almost the same set of talent as Takeover Orlando minus Nakamura and either Revival or #DIY.

I'd wager after the next Takeover, Nakamura, Rivival, Asuka, Elias all get called up and some new faces show up. They've had a pretty good revolving door over there. Plus, being Triple H's baby, he's not letting it get stale.

Jim Cornette inducting The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express is a great choice. This year's ceremony is going to kick ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"