Your Perfect Joker

MAKIEVELLI

No. 1 Tupac fan
Reaction score
Since everyone seems to have a vision of what their perfect Joker would be I wanted to start a thread made solely for everyone to express themselves. Perma-white, makeup wearing, whatever you want. Get specific please.

Build: Tall and lanky (Heath Joker)

The smile: I always hated Jack's frozen smile. I however love Heath's chelsea grin.

The Hair: Long and greasy, slicked back. I don't like the fact that Heath's Joker keeps his hair so unkept. The Joker strikes me as somebody who would keep himself very nice looking, almost perfect which makes his personality all the more creepy. And the hair should be naturally green. My vision is that the Joker was brown-haired before and the bleaching turned his hair in to a very, very light sickly green.

The skin: Definitely perma-white, but not really a perfect white. The skin should be broken and cracked, very sickly and more gray than white. It shouldn't be evenly bleached. And there should be skin grafts and stuff, basically a very, very light gray with a lot of white spots on it. And the skin should be all over. His nails should be bleached too.

Sense of style: Purple of course. I love The Heath Joker's sense of style, the whole ensemble just screams Joker. However I think that he should always be looking neat and fashionable. And the custom clothing part is downright awesome.

Voice: Heath has it almost perfect. I think the voice should be the perfect median between Heath and Hamill. Some of Heath's lines seemed so forced.

Sense of Humor: Dark, TAS Joker was just too light sometimes. I think the Joker should be funny, hilarious even and we would even be laughing if it wasn't so sick. One thing that should make us laugh is how little he cares about everything, no empathy at all. He just doesn't understand love and compassion. He just laughs at it all.

Behavior: I love Nolan's realistic take. But what makes the Joker all the more effective is if he is his freaky cartoony self in such a normal setting. He should definitely stand out. I love Heath's murderous psychopath version. I love the walk, the weird way he's always licking his lips, the sheer....I don't know. There's no way to describe it. I love the anarchist in him, the terrorist, the serial killer, all of that, but I also love the properness, the almost aristocracy. I hate the shabbiness of his look in TDK. He should always look put together, that is why the killer on him should frighten us so much IMO.

Weapons: Everything, the buzzer, the venom, the acid flower. All of that stuff should be there. The realistic setting is what makes it so awesome. The Joker should stand out. Of course all of this should be plausible though.

Mentality wise, no empathy and no logically constructive explanation for his actions, but he should be highly intelligent, not a dummy, he enjoys being bad out of not a beneficial need for power or possessions, but a sadomasochism like delight which his smile outwardly represents. An obsession with batman, a quirky grim sense of humor which gives him a likable factor, not completely hateable bad guy.

Visually: someone along the lines of Arkham Asylum Weapons: flower that shoots acid, knife, laughing gas, Tommy Gun Cloths: dressed like the joker from batman: TAS

Yeah, I forgot to mention intelligence wise. In some areas I think the Joker should be smarter than Batman. I believe Bruce Wayne is a geek, a chemist, scientist, all of that. In terms of Book smarts he should be pushing genius level, but the Joker should have an understanding of the world that exceeds everyone around him. He should be a very great reader of people, very sharp, fascinated with the rules of the world and even more fascinated with breaking them. The Joker should be an anarchist to the extreme, somebody who understands the world and all the social norms deeply but that just doesn't care.

My favorite versions of The Joker:

The Dark Knight Returns
Arkham Asylum
TAS - but without the goofiness and more serious, kinda like Return of The Joker on steroids

I always seem to prefer the character when he is not a jester who overindulges himself in silly pranks and bad jokes. Of course, he does engage in black humor and sardonic punchlines every now and then.

I really like the eyeliner on Heath's Joker. :o

Sense of Humor: Dark, TAS Joker was just too light sometimes.

Thank you.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE TAS Joker. Hamill is a god. But some people get really outlandishly hyperbolic when they claim him to be the ultimate Joker. He wasn't nearly murderous enough. He was a psycho, but he was so fun and cute and likeable most of the time. I was just watching Joker's Millions last night; he's like the hero of the show! It's great, but..you know.

I'm not faulting Timm or Hamill or anyone for that; it was a cartoon, they had to minimize his murderous tendencies (and he still did, or tried to do, some pretty horrible things, like nuke Gotham) but for the most part, he was a bit of a pushover, even taking grief from Harley. If it weren't for the character (Harley)'s popularity, comics Joker would've blown her damn head off years ago.

Skin: Bleached white. Almost albino-like.

Hair: Straight, combed back, or curled like this:

ic_joker_play.jpg
bbjoker_2.jpg

Costume: I am actually fine with either Heath's or Jack's costumes. Though the closest to the comics has always been BTAS's Joker. Ceasar Romero's Joker was too hot pink and too bright. Joker is a dark figure and his clothes should echo that.

Personality: No empathy, no remorse, unapologetic, does pranks and gags, can be funny at times where he makes you laugh, but other times his actions are only funny to him such as: someone suffering of AIDS or a gunshot to the brain or someone being explicitly raped in a snuff film or far worse.

Weapons: Knifes, acid flower, machine gun, toy wind-up bombs, grenades, and laughing gas.

Eyes: I don't mind Heath's black racoon eyes but I sort of like The Joker's eyes in "Batman: Dead End."

bts13.jpg

ignff-mailbag-4406-20060404022324533.jpg

Laugh and Voice: I think Hamill has the best Joker voice but Heath is second in nailing Joker's voice and laugh. Jack when he laughs just sounds like Jack.

my god... those eyebrows are disgusting!

Yeah, I know they look like giant catepillars but I love the red, brownish rings around his eyes. Makes him look like he's dead inside and out. Like he's a soulless and heartless monster.

First, The Joker needs to be brilliant. This is someone who may well be more intelligent than Batman, and it's a tragedy what he's used his gifts for. He's the ultimate cynic: a man who sees the absurd humor in the apparent hopeless, pointless and chaotic nature of life, and wants to share that joke with the world. And that's where everything his character does comes from. Incredibly vain at times, incredibly apathetic at others. This is a character who is not limited to what he can do or be.

Build: Tall, I suppose, to be more comic accurate.

The smile: Crimson lips for sure (lipstick is a plus). I prefer a smile that does not exist until The Joker actually smiles. I've always thought The Joker's smile should come from what he does, not be something permanent.

The Hair: Hair that is tinted green without looking absurd. Maybe a little more green than Ledger's

The skin: Chalk-white makeup.

Sense of style: Almost anything could work, but a dark purple needs to make an appearance. The Joker could very his outfits, from being a snappy dresser (Heath Ledger) to something more "thrown-together".

Voice: Many different kinds of voices could work, but I prefer a Joker concept that has a range from dark and low to insanely high. Ledger is close to that.

Sense of Humor: He thinks he's funny, and sees humor in the darker side of things.

Behavior: The Joker's behavior. You can't pinhole him to one kind of behavior. He just is what he is. An extremely loose cannon, wildly unpredictable.

Weapons: Everything, including his gadgets. Definitely the Joker toxin, since my version would be damned brilliant.

First, The Joker needs to be brilliant. This is someone who may well be more intelligent than Batman, and it's a tragedy what he's used his gifts for. He's the ultimate cynic: a man who sees the absurd humor in the apparent hopeless, pointless and chaotic nature of life, and wants to share that joke with the world. And that's where everything his character does comes from. Incredibly vain at times, incredibly apathetic at others. This is a character who is not limited to what he can do or be.

Build: Tall, I suppose, to be more comic accurate.

The smile: Crimson lips for sure (lipstick is a plus). I prefer a smile that does not exist until The Joker actually smiles. I've always thought The Joker's smile should come from what he does, not be something permanent.

The Hair: Hair that is tinted green without looking absurd. Maybe a little more green than Ledger's

The skin: Chalk-white makeup.

Sense of style: Almost anything could work, but a dark purple needs to make an appearance. The Joker could very his outfits, from being a snappy dresser (Heath Ledger) to something more "thrown-together".

Voice: Many different kinds of voices could work, but I prefer a Joker concept that has a range from dark and low to insanely high. Ledger is close to that.

Sense of Humor: He thinks he's funny, and sees humor in the darker side of things.

Behavior: The Joker's behavior. You can't pinhole him to one kind of behavior. He just is what he is. An extremely loose cannon, wildly unpredictable.

Weapons: Everything, including his gadgets. Definitely the Joker toxin, since my version would be damned brilliant.

So you prefer him to be wearing makeup?

My perfect Joker is pretty much the Mark Hammill Joker from TAS. The only difference I would make is to have him a bit more homicidal and bloodthirsty. The only problem with the Hammill Joker was he never like fought to kill, which is probably because it was a kids TV show, but nevertheless, the TAS Joker is just about the perfect representation, I love the Joker that actually makes you laugh, but then can turn around and kill anybody in cold blood the next second, and laugh about it.

My perfect Joker is pretty much the Mark Hammill Joker from TAS. The only difference I would make is to have him a bit more homicidal and bloodthirsty. The only problem with the Hammill Joker was he never like fought to kill, which is probably because it was a kids TV show, but nevertheless, the TAS Joker is just about the perfect representation, I love the Joker that actually makes you laugh, but then can turn around and kill anybody in cold blood the next second, and laugh about it.

The voice is a little too high-pitched for a live action flick. At some point it would just be freakin' irritating.

Build: Tall and lanky, but not underweight.

Smile: I happen to like the chelsea grin, applies the red to his lips. Edit: After looking at some Joker pics and drawing it myself I think I'll pick a regular smile.

Hair: I like his hair somewhat longish and curly, also combed back. His hair would grow uneven brown and green, though green would dominate.

Skin: I like the perma-white best, but like Makievelli it would be very uneven. He would also apply purple make up around the eyes.

Style: Dark purple trenchcoat. Muted purple sports jacket and pants. Blue shirt, green tie. Gray casuel shoes and purple gloves. This is his main dress attire, but it would vary from time to time. He might dress like Tyler Durden:woot:

Voice: Varying highes and lows and raspy. His laugh would be high pitched. Heath seem to have it perfect.

Sense of Humor: The Joker is funny, but mostly to himself. Like Guard said his humor would generally be on darker side.

Behavior: It's all over the place, the Joker would just as likely kill 10 people as he would rob a 7-11 for a candy bar.

Weapons: Knifes, gunes, crowbars, acid, Joker venom/ gas.

I also would like to add that I wouldn't have the Joker completley defensless. He wouldn't be any kind of fight expert, but he's fast, agile and sneaky. He should be able land a few blows.

Edit: After looking at some Joker pics and drawing it myself I think I'll take back the chelsea grin and Joker will have a normal smile.

Actor of Choice: Heath Ledger.

Build: Tall and skinny. A bit thinner than Heath is in The Dark Knight. He is not a physical threat to Batman.

Personality: The Joker has a very schizophrenic personality. In one moment, he can be very playful, carefree, and bubbling with energy. He's almost child-like. But then in an instant, he can become ruthless, remorseless, and emotionless. A truly psychotic sociopath. This transition is so sudden and random that it's impossible to guess what this man will do next. His moods, his actions, everything about him, thrives from his spontaneous nature.

The Guard explained it perfectly. He sees the "absurd humor in the apparent hopeless, pointless and chaotic nature of life, and wants to share that joke with the world."

Contrary to his psychosis, The Joker is a brilliant and cunning man. Intellectually, he is an equal to Batman.

Background: He would never be given a backstory. Nobody knows anything about who this man was before he emerged as The Joker. No name, no family, no friends, nothing that can be traced back to the past. Only he remembers who he was before, and even then he chooses to either forget it, or change it to his liking. He has broken free from the bonds of his past. He creates himself every day.

Skin: Something happened to The Joker that left his body completely void of pigmentation. His skin appears very undead-like, and almost translucent (you can see veins through his skin). He literally looks like a walking ghost, a "White Devil." We never find out what caused him to look this way. The only thing we know is that this is what drove the man to the point of insanity. Whatever happened to him is what inspired him to don a clown personna. His skin looks something like that of a victim of Vitiligo, a chronic skin disease that effects pigmentation of the flesh. Picture this, only affecting the entire body:
http://www.vitiligo-verein.de/presse...mAllegra_1.jpg

Hair: We never find out what The Joker's natural hair color is. We can assume, though, that the accident that bleached his skin also bleached his hair. However, in order to amplify his clown image, The Joker dyes his hair a very vibrant yellow-green. He dyes it so heavily and so often that eventually the dye ceases to wash it, rendering his hair permanent green. His hair is thick, fuzzy, and brushed back. Also, he shaves his eyebrows, because he wants his face to look like a harlequin.

Eye Makeup: In order to add to his clown face, The Joker applies small circles of deep blue makeup around his eyes. Because he never washes it off willingly (the police do when he is apprehended), the blue makeup leaves stains around his eyes.

Lipstick: The Joker applies deep red lipstick to his mouth. Like the eye makeup, he never washes it off by choice. When the police clean his face of makeup, the lipstick stains his lips.

Smile: The Joker does not have a permanent smile or a chelsea grin. This Joker is able to express a free range of emotions. Like The Guard said, The Joker is terrifying because of WHY is smiles. That is taken away if he has a smile permanently fixed onto his face. He smiles because he wants to, not because he has to.

Attire: The Joker completes his clown image with a vibrant and flamboyant suit. He wants to stand out amongst his environment. Gotham City is dark and gritty. The Joker is bright and colorful. The picture below is very close to how I envision The Joker's outfit. The shoes would have same basic design as this picture, but they'd have be shaped like the shoes in The Dark Knight. The bowtie would be dark blue.
page-4074.jpg

. His hair would grow uneven brown and green, though green would dominate.

Wow, this brings up a good point. Why does Joker's hair never grow out as its natural color? Did the chemicals change his DNA? Heh.

Build: Tall and lanky (Heath Joker). yet a physical match for Batman

The smile: Heath's chelsea grin.
Background: none. that's what make him so scary and mysterious no one knows who he really is and he wants to keep it that way
The Hair: Long and greasy, slicked back yet messy and unkempt. green because of hair dye
Intellegence: smart. he will be able to make sure no one can catch him
The skin: White makeup (more realistic)
Sense of style: The Heath Joker's style and All Star Batman and Robin's Joker style. Purple/Black Tuxedoes and Zoots Suits that match the dark gritiness of Gotham mixed with colorful attires that make him look like a gangster

Voice: Heath voice mix with Jack Napier and Kevin Micheal Richarson's Joker voice. Heaths and Mark's Joker Laugh. deep scary and cold

Sense of Humor: Dark, Serious, cold and yet laughing

Behavior: act like how he acts in Dark Knight Returns/ASB&R Joker, Killing Joke, Mark Hamil's Joker Grant Morison's Arkham Asylum story, the first two Joker stories and The Dark Knight. Serious, insane and crazy. he is a physcotic serial killer who is conniving and sinister , intimidating, and psychopathic
Weapons: Knives, Guns, Bombs, poison, yet destructive pranks

Tall, lean with style. But nothing really exaggerated. No superlong nose/chin or stuff like that.
Of course he should be perma-white and no carved smiles. Has a lot of fish and joker venom on board. Not really a nutjob, more a masterplaner with uber-excentric behaviour.

It isn't that hard to make the Joker right.

Build: Tall and slim (yet muscled)

Facial Feautures: Slim and long

Smile: The acid made his skin elastic and deformous, so when he smiles his mouth seems to have a deformic smile. He paints it red with lipstick

Hair: It gota green tint because of the acid color, anyway it doesn't look fosforescent

Madness: He just takes the magnifisence of a good joke!:woot:

Appearance: I really like the outfit of Nolan's interpretation of Joker. His skin should definitly permawhite and with a sickly sheen, like Lord Voldemort in the Harry Potter movies. Also, a "cracked" texture akin to Nolan's interpretation of Joker. Lips should be ambiguously red and his hair should be dyed green, though his "accident" already gave it a color akin to vomit. He dyes it to even the color out. Though I think its an interesting idea, I would say no chelsea grin. He should be lanky and nimble, more similar to Nolan's Joker.

Demeanor: Seemingly random and unpredictable. Erratic and spontaneous. But beneath it all he has a frightening cunning and focus. We ordinary folks just can't see it.

Humor: Dark and sardonic. This is a guy who could laugh himself to death listening to "Vicarious."

Reputation: Almost as famous as Batman. The good people of Gotham believe him to be a specter of sorts, and Joker throws having died once. We never actually see this, so we nevery actually know if he's telling the truth or not.

Weapons: Joker Venom, a liquidized form administered via syringe. Also weaponized as a powder, ala Dark Victory, where Joker had coated the insides of his lackeys' masks with the stuff. Aside from this he is a dirty fighter who will use whatever is at hand. I like Nolan's idea of knives though. Maybe some knife-thrower skills to hint at a carnie background or something. Perhaps he worked at a carnival when hard times fell on him in his "past" life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"