Your Preferred Orgins

Lily Adler

#forthecontent! 📹 (she/her)
Staff member
Reaction score
What are your preferred superhero origins? Born with powers, alien, demi-god, no powered vigilante, mutant, or magician. I know there are more.

I don’t really have a favorite, but I feel the billionaire vigilante thing is a little overdone.

yCJUD.png

What are your preferred superhero origins? Born with powers, alien, demi-god, no powered vigilante, mutant, or magician. I know there are more.
Methinks these are the same thing.

I like them to have powers in unexpected ways; like science accidents, training that brings unbelievable power, super suits, alien technology....
The next best thing for me is alien, cause I love it when aliens are friends instead of beings that simply want to invade Earth because... reasons.

Whatever is most appropriate for the character in question.

Methinks these are the same thing.

I like them to have powers in unexpected ways; like science accidents, training that brings unbelievable power, super suits, alien technology....
The next best thing for me is alien, cause I love it when aliens are friends instead of beings that simply want to invade Earth because... reasons.
Truuue. But I was going for Spider-Man mutant.

I have a tendency to prefer self-made heroes (ex. Iron Man, Batman, etc.) to those that are either born with powers or gain them in an accident. It just feels more earned to me. This does not strictly speaking mean characters with no real powers, as those that gain them through their own experimentation, training, and effort work too.

My least favorite is The Chosen One. Characters that are great because they are "special" and fate destines them to be great. This does not mean all characters born with their powers such as mutants and aliens, but those that were specifically destined to be the big hero. This is why I really disliked it whenever they tried to turn Spider-Man into this. Peter Parker as an unlucky (or lucky depending on your point of view) schmuck who happened to be the wrong place at the wrong time is far more interesting than Peter Parker having a specific bloodline that means it could only happen to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"