Comics Your Spider-Man Comic Collection?

jeffjhicks

Civilian
Reaction score
How large is it? What you most Valuable issue? How long have you been collecting?

I have 3 1/3 long boxes full of spider-man alone. 1 1/2 dedicated to amazing and the rest to other series.

My most valuable issue is #300

I have been collecting since 2007, when i was a senior in high school

My total comic collection is 7 long boxes

I think i have maybe 1000 comics in total (not all are in the long boxes) and hope to get all the amazing spider-man's within 5 years thanks to my graphic novel money!

How large is it? What you most Valuable issue? How long have you been collecting?

I have 3 1/3 long boxes full of spider-man alone. 1 1/2 dedicated to amazing and the rest to other series.

My most valuable issue is #300

I have been collecting since 2007, when i was a senior in high school

My total comic collection is 7 long boxes

I think i have maybe 1000 comics in total (not all are in the long boxes) and hope to get all the amazing spider-man's within 5 years thanks to my graphic novel money!
I've been collecting since around 1994 and have hundreds of Spidey comics (about a thousand comics all together). I'm guessing the most valuable comic is Ult Spider-Man #1, red cover. Not what it used to be, but still a pretty penny. My prize posessions are the Green Goblin comics (I have nearly every issue he has appeared in) and Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1. Its beaten all to hell and only cost $30 but how else was I going to afford such a find?

Let's see, I started buying comics regularly in 1991, with a 3 pack at Wal-Mart containing Spider-Man #13 and 14, and Amazing Spider-Man #350.

Right now, I've got every issue of Ultimate Spider-Man except for the first issue, which I had to sell to get my own comic printed a couple of years ago. I've got some issues of ASM here and there scattered about from the Death of Gwen Stacy to present day. I have almost every issue between 250 and 300, as well as most of the issues from 300-400. After that, I have every issue from the relaunch to the first part of One More Day, and then I have 3 issues of Brand New Day. I have a ton of Spectacular Spider-Man, Web of Spider-Man, Sensational Spider-Man, and the Spider-Man series.

I also have a ton of mini-series and such, as well as quite a few hardcovers, and the first 5 volumes of the Essential Spider-Man.

I think my most valuable Spidey comics are as follows:

1-Asm# 300 CGC 9.2(my wife got this for me when we were dating)
2-Asm#121 (slight crease on the corner, but it was only 40 bucks!)
3-Asm#252
4-Usm#2-6

My daughter probably has the coolest them all, though. I actually got her a copy of the "Death of the Stacys" hardcover signed and personalized by Stan Lee, himself! I've just got to find John Romita Sr. at a show and get him to do a Gwen head-sketch in it, and it'll be complete.

My FAVORITE one that I own would be ASM#248, the "Kid Who Collected Spider-Man". That was actually the first comic I ever owned.

I have three actual spider-man comics:

Don't know the issue numbers unless I'm looking at them.

First appearance of the punisher
The kid who collects spider-man
the death of gwen stacy

other than that all I've got are a few minis being:

Reign
Spider-Man/Doc Ock: Year One
The JMS trade with the 911 issue
The giant hardcover of USM
The Evil that Men Do
Soul of the Hunter
The Last Stand

And that's it.

Started buying comics in 1975... WereWolf by Night #30 being the first comic I ever purchased...

Bought Amazing Spider-Man #148 that year as my first ever Spidey comic.

Started collecting monthly circa 1978 with ASM #183.

I currently own Amazing Spider-Man #1 to current.
Marvel Team-Up #1 to #150, as well as all futur volumes.
Spectacular Spider-Man #1 to 263, as well as the second volume.
I also own all the other various Spider-Man on-goings, as well as all Annuals & one-shots and various minis.

The only thing I don't bother with is Ultimate... which isn't really Spider-Man in my opinion.

I am missing an Amazing Fantasy #15... :o

I have about 30 full long boxes...

:yay:

The one thing bendis writes really well and you don't bother with it. Por Que?

I have been collecting since about 2001 9 (when I was in 3rd grade) and I have 4 and 1/4th long boxes full of comics, totaling (I'm guessing) around 1300 single issues. I counted about 1100 9 months ago. It wasn't until middle school that I started seriously collecting, however. Most of my collection is Spider- Man, with probably 40% being various other series or one- shots (many of which feature Spider- Man). I also have the complete collections of Amazing Spider- Man, Fantastic Four, and the Silver Surfer as .pdf files on 2 DVDs, totaling another 1200 or so issues. My most valuable issues are:
Amazing Spider- Man #300
Amazing Spider- Man #400
Ultimate Spider- Man #104 (White Cover)
and the pride of my collection:
Spider- Man 2099 #1 Signed by Rick Leonardi

Started buying comics in 1975... WereWolf by Night #30 being the first comic I ever purchased...

Bought Amazing Spider-Man #148 that year as my first ever Spidey comic.

Started collecting monthly circa 1978 with ASM #183.

I currently own Amazing Spider-Man #1 to current.
Marvel Team-Up #1 to #150, as well as all futur volumes.
Spectacular Spider-Man #1 to 263, as well as the second volume.
I also own all the other various Spider-Man on-goings, as well as all Annuals & one-shots and various minis.

The only thing I don't bother with is Ultimate... which isn't really Spider-Man in my opinion.

I am missing an Amazing Fantasy #15... :o

I have about 30 full long boxes...

Aloha,
Same here except I need Amazing #1 as well as Amazing Fantasy #15. I also collect Spider-Man HC.
collection-spidey-2008.jpg

I started with #18 stopped around #93. Didn't start again until years later with #290.I used to have the complete Spider-Man 2099,Spider-girl and Ultimate-I sold them to concentrate on Amazing.
Spidey rules

I have HUNDREDS of comics. Some of my most famous ones are ASM Issue #300, ASM issue #50, Marvel Team-Up #1, and ASM issue #18. Those are only some of my famous ones. I have alot of other famous ones as well as, as I said, hundreds of comics. Probably around the 500+ or 600 hundred all togeather range. That's not jsut SPidey either, alot more including Spidey. Lost count a while ago.

Last edited:
I first started buying comics in 1973. The first comic I bought with my own money (People had bought and given me comics prior to this, which i subsequently destroyed) was a double-szed issue of The Flash, the number I don't recall. The first Marvel comic I bought was ASM #127. Within the next few months I discovered what comic collecting was and that these things increased in value. So that would be when i started collecting.

Over the ensuing years I've amassed several collections. Some of which I sold off, one which was stolen. Currently what I consider my comic collection is my Silver-Bronze age Marvel stuff. I'm not missing any of Marvel's superhero comics (Spidey, FF, Avengers, Thor, etc.) between mid-1964 and 1977. After that, I have sporadic runs based on artists and writers that I like ( e.g. Peter David's run on The Hulk, alot of J.R. jr.'s Spidey runs), and random comics that just looked interesting. My Spidey collection consists of ASM #3, & 8-400. So I'd estimate I have about 3-4,000 comics.

As for what's most valuable, well, the most valuable comics I've ever owned were in the collection that was stolen, which included ASM #1, Avengers #1 and Daredevil #1. Now i have alot of stuff that falls in the smae value range like ASM #3, Hulk #3 & 4, X-men #4 etc.

My goal has always been to have all of Marvel's superhero comics ranging from FF#1 through the mid-late 70's. I'm only missing about 70 comics to complete my collection, but as those 70 are extremely expensive, that little dream is gonna have to continue to be just a dream for awhile.

My goal has always been to have all of Marvel's superhero comics ranging from FF#1 through the mid-late 70's. I'm only missing about 70 comics to complete my collection, but as those 70 are extremely expensive, that little dream is gonna have to continue to be just a dream for awhile.

Nice... let us know when you have those 70 books... :up:

The one thing bendis writes really well and you don't bother with it. Por Que?

It has never felt like Spider-Man to me...

:huh: :huh: :huh:

My 10 year old buys a few issues here and there and keeps up with the storylines so I know it's really boring (in my opinion).

^^ Honestly, I'm not really a huge fan of Ultimate Spider-Man either. Stopped reading in '05.

Over the ensuing years I've amassed several collections. Some of which I sold off, one which was stolen.

I'm torn between crying on your behalf and making a joke about some thief running down the street with a long-box in the middle of the night. I think the only thing that compares for me (but not really) is when me and my bro got into one of those ownership fights that kids get into, and I wrote my name on all of my comics (so unless I find a way to make my signature worth something, those comics are valuable only to me. But I showed you bro......)

I'm about the same as TMOB, DT and Dragon. Started collecting around the 150's. I'd say I have almost all of them since then (minis, spin-offs, etc) except for a year I took off from comic collecting in the late 90s.

Probably the only category that I beat TMOB in is that I own every issue of the Ultimate series (including a few in Russian!) In fact, I may own every Ultimate line issue, although, I'd have to check that.

I've never really gone back and gotten comics that I didn't buy when they came out. The truth is, I'm not even sure how many long boxes I have. Somewhere between 30 and 40. They're a bit scattered between three places. One of these days, I'll get them under one roof.

I have no idea what my most valuable one is. Truthfully, I'm probably never going to sell any of them, even the crappy ones.

I learned how to read with Marvel comics, so i guess i've been a fan for about 40 years.

I didnt seriously start "collecting" until junior high (what is known today as "middle school", i guess :yay: ) when i met a bunch of other fans who introduced me to a comic shop in the next town over, and taught me about "bagging and boarding"....

I pretty much read everything over the years, but sold off or traded away everything EXCEPT Spider-Man (and related issues) and a few other titles, about 7 years ago.

I currently have about 2,000 comics. all Spidey books, or issues that he appears in (New Avengers, etc.), Punisher, Daredevil, and Hulk.

This is my most valuable, i guess. signed by The Man :word: :

NewYorkPics033.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, its in good shape, too. That must have been a pretty penny.

^^ I second that. You have a great issue there, CaptainStacy. I have a book signed by Stan, but it's not a comic book. It's a Spider-Man handbook that I won.

I found mine in a comic bin (not at a comic shop, but in a yard sale) and bought my ASM Annual for a dime....

It's in "poor" condition, but it has the cover and all the pages...

Note-worthy: I really like the TPB Ult Marvel Team up Vol 2
It has Spidey with FAntastic 4, X-men etc.

^^ I second that. You have a great issue there, CaptainStacy. I have a book signed by Stan, but it's not a comic book. It's a Spider-Man handbook that I won.

Yeah, from his Myspace contest, right? That was pretty cool. :up:

Yeah, from his Myspace contest, right? That was pretty cool. :up:
Indeed. :yay::up:

I got ASM #300 from my LCS for $40. I was so shocked at how great the price was, and it was behind the counter. SO proud to have it. :up:

I also got ASM #50 for only $40 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"