Sequels your thoughts? Superman Vs. Batman

Gamma Ray said:
No. More Batman and more Superman, but no Batman and/vs Superman.

I read a plot somewhere that had Luthor & the Joker killing Katie Holmes & somehow they make it look like Superman did it & the Bat goes nuts on him.

While they're fighting the Joker & Luthor devise some plan to take over the world with the help of Brainiac & the Black Mask. Eventually Batman & Superman find out who's responsible for her death & Superman not only has to save the world but he's got to save Batman from himself because he wants to "kill" Joker & Luthor.

they are 2 very different franchises that i dont think would work if missed. the tones of the characters are different also batman is realistic while superman is a little more fantastical. they both work so dont f*#k with it.

Just watch Aliens Vs. Predator and you'll never want Hollywood to ever gets a grubby hands on another "versus flick" ever again. It works great in theory but it's just asking for a gimmick treatment. Think Jon Peters.

No it would not work, superman can basically do everything hes "superman". Batman would simply slows supes down in the movie world. Superman needing the help of a human in a Bat suit is utterly ridicolous to even attempt to try in the big screen. Christain bale and Nolan are trying not to go down the same root as the 90s bat flicks, and haveing a improbable movie like Batman Vs. Superman is terrible. I repeat what could Batman possible due to even try and help, or even hurt superman that would not be dumb on screen? Superman and Batman should never ever meet, two different worlds. Critics would eat the concept and movie alive, and superhero movies would once again be looked on as jokes[if they aren't already].

A worlds finest flick would interesting following the sequels of bb and sr However, the actors' height issues shouldn't be a problem, in the comics bats is 6'2 and sups is 6'3, Bale is at least 5'11 and Routh is 6'4. I'm once in the costume with the cowl and pointy ears, Bale can make up the difference

I dont think it is gonna happen for one reason. I saw the MTV awards and it looks like Routh is a lot taller than Bale

For what it's worth......that's how it is in the comics.

batman is only 6'1" and superman is around 6'5"

Bats is 6'2, Superman is 6'4......some say 6'5. I think DC has it official that he's 6'4 or 6'3 though, Have to check.

A worlds finest flick would interesting following the sequels of bb and sr However, the actors' height issues shouldn't be a problem, in the comics bats is 6'2 and sups is 6'3, Bale is at least 5'11 and Routh is 6'4. I'm once in the costume with the cowl and pointy ears, Bale can make up the difference

Atleast 5'11????

Nah, there's pics in the Batman Begins section that proves he's ATLEAST 6'1.

Plus, if you look at the pics from MTV......6'2 and 6'4 makes sense between the difference it appeared between Bale and Routh.

But......they would have to fight at first.

Don't want a World's Finest film though....I'd orefer they get they're own films and get focused on for 2 hours.

BATMAN BEGINS (2005)
SUPERMAN RETURNS (2006)
BATMAN RISES (2008)
SUPERMAN (2009)
BATMAN BECOMES (2010)
SUPERMAN: Man OF Steel (2011)
WORLD'S FINEST (2013)

-R

Bad Superman said:
It should be interesting since the "seed for rivalry" has been "planted". Remember Bale's comment at the MTV Movie Awards?
LOL yeah, i've been thinking on what's a good come back on Bale's "Sorry Superman but Batman is the badass" comment.

how about:

Routh: You said 'Batman is the badass', but can he take a bullet in the eye?
Bale:.......
Routh: 'Nuff said.

;)

but yeah i'd love a World's Finest movie :up:. the MTV pictures show that Bale and Routh's got a good onscreen buddy chemistry together.

C'mon.......Batman is the badass. Superman is the boyscout.....that's the way it's always been. Bale was stating the facts.

Plus, the rivarly......it's always been there. It always will be. It's why they've ended up fighting as many times as they have already.

I mean.....smashing a guys skull against a bathroom mirror WHILE he's taking a piss......that's just Badass.

ChrisBaleBatman said:
I mean.....smashing a guys skull against a bathroom mirror WHILE he's taking a piss......that's just Badass.

Even the guy that is having that being done to him would say that. :up:

:p

I voted no.
Why would Superman fight Batman?
It should be called Superman/Batman, then i would have said yes.

SpeedballLives said:
I voted no.

Fan of the comic series? Some of the arcs in that were cool but parts of some were dumb.

trustyside-kick said:
Fan of the comic series? Some of the arcs in that were cool but parts of some were dumb.
I'm not really talking about the comics.
I got them at first, but when Darkseid returned, I dropped it fast.
I'm just talking about the title of the Team-up movie.
If you call it Superman versus Batman, then they don't fight, many people will be pissed.
If it's called Superman/Batman, then there wouldn't be any confusion.

Even the guy that is having that being done to him would say that. :up:

:p

I mean, seriously.....that's something someone like Clint Eastwood would do.

Superman cannot do that. He can be cool, but badass isn't his thing.

I voted no.

Well, I think the fight would only be in the 2nd act only....they would have to join up eventually.

And the film would be called WORLD'S FINEST......that's a given.

Well, it was more of an "OUT THERE" sort of SCI-FI, elseworld feel. Really, really out there stuff.

By far, though, the Supergirl arc with Michael Turner was the best I thought.

ChrisBaleBatman said:
By far, though, the Supergirl arc with Michael Turner was the best I thought.

Well if anything that would be the most important thing about the series; it brought back Supergirl.

trustyside-kick said:
Well if anything that would be the most important thing about the series; it brought back Supergirl.
well that, and it started the Crisis.

How can you even DEBATE on whether or not a Superman/Batman movie is plausible. There is a comic being published right now illustrating how well the two work together.

I for one am all for a WORLD'S FINEST Superman/Batman film. We've never seen those 2 characters together on screen in live-action before. It could be fantastic. Check out that animated movie and imagine if they did that with real actors...it would blow your mind. I just hope that for the WF movie they give them their COMIC costumes and pick a director who can mesh the two together well enough.

I think it would be great, but would have to be WORLD'S FINEST.

Have Ra's Al Ghul return. Team him with NO ONE. He would NEVER work with Luthor.

-R

Yeah....but there's also like 6 different ongoing comics showing how good each character can be ALONE.

I just think it can de-track from they're series......instead of focusing on each one ina film, having to split they're time in one film would be a pain. I'll ***** (oh, I would....trust me...) that Batman needs more screentime......Superman fanboys will complain Superman needs more screentime. It would be a minefield as far as the fans are concerned.

And, then there's WB. WB won't do the film......they'll make LESS money.

It would ruin everything Batman has worked to acheive....a real world grittiness that only the Superman character would contaminate. If he enters the picture, I can't see Gotham as it was in Begins.
batman-begins.jpg

0907superman05.jpg

Have Ra's Al Ghul return. Team him with NO ONE. He would NEVER work with Luthor.

See, that's one of the problems......I know Superman fans will feel cheated. It would have to have Lex, just to be fair to Superman fans.

SpeedballLives said:
I'm not really talking about the comics.
I got them at first, but when Darkseid returned, I dropped it fast.
I'm just talking about the title of the Team-up movie.
If you call it Superman versus Batman, then they don't fight, many people will be pissed.
If it's called Superman/Batman, then there wouldn't be any confusion.

Oh I know. I voted no as well actually, lol. I was just wondering cause you said to call it Superman/Batman.

ChrisBaleBatman said:
See, that's one of the problems......I know Superman fans will feel cheated. It would have to have Lex, just to be fair to Superman fans.

While I am not an extremely die-hard Superman fan like some people in the Superman section I still can say that I do not think that would be the case.

Every single Superman movie you see Lex Luthor...I would really like to see Parasite or especially Metallo in a Superman film; tired of seeing Luthor.

Besides, that guy you were replying to mentioned the Batman villain being Ra's Al Ghul (not like that is his greatest foe)...so Lex would not have to be in it as well because not like it would be The Joker like it was in that animated film. But then again if they did do this film they should not do Ra's either because ya...he would not work with anyone really...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"