Your Top 3 Bond Car Chases?

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
@PrehistoricDog thread about top 5 car chases got me thinking about how many actually good car chases there have been in the Bond movies. James Bond is famous for having a couple of iconic, gadget laden cars, but the chase sequences they've been involved in aren't that great IMO, not saying they are bad but just not among the elite cinematic car chases.

My favourite car related sequence in any Bond movie is when Bond races Xenia down the mountainside in the South of France, but that's a race, not a car chase, so what are your top 3?

3. Citroen CV chase down the winding mountain road - For Your Eyes Only
2. Snowy road chase - The Living Daylights
1. Lotus Espirit mountain road chase - The Spy Who Loved Me

my faves in no particular order
tank vs car goldeneye
ice chase in DB Vantage living daylights
lotus in spy who loved me

Octopussy for sure. Who could ever beat a scene where a tennis racket is used to beat down a thug from an auto rickshaw. Brilliant and cheesy as all hell

1. The Spy Who Loved Me - It turns into a sub and continues the chase underwater! How awesome is that!

2. For Your Eyes Only - The chase in Melina's yellow Citroen. Fun to see Bond reduced to some tiny piece of crap instead of his usual fully loaded spy cars.

3. License to Kill - The truck chase at the end of the movie. Kind of reminds me of Mad Max with Bond on a vengeance-fueled rampage.

HM: TND motorcycle chase, the tank in GE

In general, I think Moore and Brosnan definitely had the best car chases.

Last edited:
1. Quantum Of Solace Opening Chase

2. Goldfinger Chase

3. Die Another Day Ice Chase

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95