You're not cool enough for the Exclusive TMoB, Jake, fibber, Lackey, & yoda thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Themanofbat

Never Mind the Buttocks...
Reaction score
I like the name of this thread Jake... brilliant. :word: :word: :word:

And seeing as it was ok'ed by a fellow mod, as highlighted in bold below...

Hunter Rider said:
Ok guys, I drew the short straw in coming in here. I can see looking back at that last couple of pages that an invisible war so to speak is going on.

The stuff in this thread has basically been the type of stuff that many other posters have been probated or banned for.

I get that this is your gathering thread and is now more a general chat thread, so I am trying to come to you face up with a compromise, the decision has been made that this one is now closed. You can make a new one and call it whatever you want but if it goes where the last few pages have then it will just be closed and there won't be a third.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me or any of the others.

...we shouldn't fear it being deleted, as long as we don't go where the last one was going, which was a lot of complaining about how they delete our posts.

Anyhoo, let's recap the BEST comic book nobody's reading.... REX MUNDI

Rex Mundi is a quest for the Holy Grail told as a murder mystery. It is a tale of sin, murder and redemption in an alternate-history Paris where magic is real and the Catholic Church never lost its grip on power.

Awesome stuff... read it now.

:yay:

EDIT: Ok, it seems like hypocrasy has reared it's ugly head (thanks Eli, you're just the best :whatever: )

Let's try this again... and let's see if we can actually do something that was obviously mod-approved.

Cheers...

Hey Teemob are you still watching Buffy and Angel?

Yes, I'm just finishing Disc 4 of Buffy Season V and Angel Season II.

It's been awesome stuff so far, but the wife can't stand Gloria.

EDIT: Ok, it seems like hypocrasy has reared it's ugly head (thanks Eli, you're just the best :whatever: )

You're assuming that just because I took a jab at one of you (and it's all fun and games, right? You guys should be able to take it as well as you dish it) that I was the one who closed the thread. I wasn't. Also, it's spelled hypocrisy

Jesus Christ, the mods here really are like Hitler. :down

Take a joke and get off your high horses.

ADMIRATIO MUNDI
The Sometimes-Monthly Arvid Nelson Newsletter

Welcome, Dear Reader, to another typo-infested edition of my monthly newsletter! I'm Arvid, writer of Rex Mundi and Zero Killer, amongst other things. Rex Mundi is a quest for the Holy Grail told as a murder mystery. Zero Killer is post-apocalyptic action set in a world destroyed by nuclear weapons in 1973. Interest piqued? Just check out their respective websites! Dark Horse Comics publishes both.

I finally thought of a name for the newsletter – "Admiratio Mundi", Latin for "Wonder of the World". Like it or loathe it, do let me know, Dear Reader. I might change it again when and if I think of something better.

Summer is gone, and not a moment too soon. It was in 80s here in New York (high 20s/low 30s for those of you in Europe) until about a week ago. I don't know about you, but I believe October ought to be chilly. Thank God global warming is just a liberal conspiracy, otherwise we might actually have something to worry about!

But I digress with inflammatory statements, as I am wont to do. In August I told you that come September I would attend an Underworld concert in Central Park, that I'd fill you in on the gory details. I am sad to report I did not make it to said concert. That baleful cacodemon of all pleasure and happiness, "personal problems", reared its ugly head on the very day of the show.

And I have to confide Underworld's latest album – with a few bright exceptions – is rather lackluster. Perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps I need to listen to it some more. Or perhaps English people just shouldn't try to rap. You decide, Dear Reader.

But I am not bereft of good new music. Future Loop Foundation has always been one of my favorites in the electronic ("dance" for those of you Europe) category. FLF's latest album, Memories from a Fading Room, is nothing short of sublime.The music is inspired by the intense longing for childhood everyone probably feels every now and then. It's odd, Dear Reader – I despised Fourth Grade at the time. So why is it I remember it so fondly? Memories from a Fading Room is all about that sad, gentle, hazy, bittersweet feeling one gets when returning to childhood places. It will instantly transport you to a state of childlike innocence and wonder. I can't recommend Memories from a Fading Room more highly.

But enough of the past, Dear Reader. In a few days I'll be heading off to Spain! To Andalusia, to follow the footsteps of Abd ar-Rahman and hopefully find some of the lost glory of Islamic Spain. Speaking of Islam and Spain, that's exactly where the story of Rex Mundi is heading these days. You might have noticed some similarities between what's happening in the real world right now and what's happening in the world of Rex Mundi. You might even wonder if it's accidental, or if I'm a shameless opportunist plying off of the headlines to promote my own suspect and unorthodox views of world history.

Surprisingly enough – and I don't deny the latter, Dear Reader – it's more the former. I conceived of Rex Mundi a good two years before 9-11. It's just a case of synchronicity, I suppose. But the similarities are definitely there, and they're only going to become more pronounced as the final act unfolds. Make of them what you will! The story, I hope, speaks for itself.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Rex Mundi Issue 8: The Battle of the Three Emperors

It's in stores! Julien is getting closer and closer to the final secret of the Holy Grail, even if he's beginning to wish he'd never started his quest. And if you thought it was impossible to feel sorry for Inquisitor Moricant... this issue will, I hope, prove you wrong!

Oh, and don't forget: Book 4 comes out December 19th!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Zero Killer Issue 2: Twighlight's Last Gleaming

Check out what The Onion A.V. Club said about Zero Killer #1:

"...Matt Camp's finely detailed art and Nelson's ear for simple, punchy dialogue and characterization make for solid hooks. Bring on issue number two…"

Bring on number two?! Well golly-gee-whillickers, it's in stores right now! The first issue of Zero Killer was indeed a set up. The plot really kicks into gear in #2. Expect plenty of surprises!

--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

JSA Classified: Mr. Horrific, part 3 of 3

This Wednesday the final installment of my three-issue JSA Classified series, Mr. Horrific, will hit the stores. The story involves that loveable old staple of the JSA Superteam, Mr. Terrific. Here's a little rundown of the plot:

Mr. Terrific is embroiled in a web of murder and deception when he uncovers a horrific secret about a United States Senator. Framed, hunted and on the run, he must untangle a Cold War conspiracy involving Norse mythology, a remote Arctic island, and a Third Reich that never died. Not even Mr. Terrific can predict where he is headed!

Mr. Horrific has everything you want in a super hero comic -- fun, danger, excitement, and kookiness. It's worth hunting down. And if you don't know much (or anything) about the JSA, don't worry. Neither did I before writing the story!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Hellgate: London

At some point, my manga (Japanese-style) adaptation of the Hellgate: London video game will be hitting the stores. Not exactly sure on the release date for this, but I'll keep you posted. It seems like the game is coming out on Halloween, so the comic can't be far behind!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

In Stores Now:

Rex Mundi #7: Unexpected Visitors II
Rex Mundi #8: The Battle of the Three Emperors

Zero Killer #1: Live at the Winter Garden
Zero Killer #2: Twilight's Last Gleaming

JSA Classified #30: Mr. Horrific 2/3

Rex Mundi Book 1: The Guardian of the Temple
Rex Mundi Book 2: The River Underground
Rex Mundi Book 3: The Lost Kings

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Coming Soon:

Oct. 31: JSA Classified #31: Mr. Horrific 3/3
Nov. 21: Zero Killer #3: (I'd Rather Not Go) Back to the Old House
Dec. 19: Rex Mundi #9: Delirium Tremens
Dec. 19: Rex Mundi Book 4: Crown and Sword

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

One Last Thing...

Thanks for reading to the bitter end, Dear Reader. Hope you have a happy and safe Halloween!

Rex Mundi is an original comic book by Arvid Nelson. Rex Mundi © and ™ 1999 – 2007 Arvid Nelson, all rights reserved. Zero Killer is also an original comic book by Arvid Nelson! Zero Killer © and ™ 2007 Arvid Nelson, all rights reserved.

You're getting this email because you signed up for it. If you want to stop, just send me an email. I'll take you off immediately. I will never sell or distribute your email address to anybody for any purpose.

See you in Andalusia—
¡Yo te quiero y finito, o mi corazon!
rvid

You're assuming that just because I took a jab at one of you that I was the one who closed the thread. I wasn't. Also, it's spelled hypocrisy

I spell it differently in Canada... :oldrazz:

You're right on the fact that I assumed it was you, seeing as you were the last one to post in it before it magically dissapeared, but if it wasn't you, then it just drives the point home that there are more of you that are somewhat anally retentive and in need of a good enema.

Having said that, this is the name of the thread we have chosen, and we will gather here and keep it as clean as we can, and I hope that we can all live with it.

Rex Mundi Book One: The Guardians of the Temple

RM_book1_cvr_300.gif

Rex Mundi Book Two: The River Underground

RM_book2_cvr_300.gif

Rex Mundi Book Three: The Lost Kings

RM_book3_cvr_300.gif

Rex Mundi Book Four: Crown and Sword

RM_book4_cvr_300.gif

You're assuming that just because I took a jab at one of you (and it's all fun and games, right? You guys should be able to take it as well as you dish it) that I was the one who closed the thread. I wasn't. Also, it's spelled hypocrisy

How is the joke funny when you actually delete a thread in which you said we could name it what we wanted?

We didn't even have the chance to post... "Haha... you're so funny".

I can take any type of stuff you throw my way, but somebody on your end has obviously been getting bent about something.

Yeah, some of these mods have no business being mods at all. It's a real shame that instead of doing their jobs and actually moderating, they instead power trip anonymously.

Yeah, some of these mods have no business being mods at all. It's a real shame that instead of doing their jobs and actually moderating, they instead power trip anonymously.

It's not the same America we all grew up with... :csad: :csad: :csad:

Why the **** is hunter rider editting all of my posts in this thread?

Why the **** is hunter rider editting all of my posts in this thread?

b/c tmob asked me to make the the replies all reflect the current thread title , and not the cry baby one that was on all of your posts before i changed it.

b/c tmob asked me to make the the replies all reflect the current thread title , and not the cry baby one that was on all of your posts before i changed it.

No offense, but how about the mods just stay away? You wouldn't need to have changed them all back if they weren't changed to begin with. Leave us alone unless ACTUAL RULES are broken. Cool?

Doesn't closing the old thread and having a new one made just cause and insight more problems?! :huh:

No offense, but how about the mods just stay away? You wouldn't need to have changed them all back if they weren't changed to begin with. Leave us alone unless ACTUAL RULES are broken. Cool?

I came in this thread b/c i was asked to by the starter and now to answer your question, i am merely patching up the thread as i was asked. It's done so i wont be back unless i have to. Enjoy your thread.

I came in this thread b/c i was asked to by the starter and now to answer your question, i am merely patching up the thread as i was asked. It's done so i wont be back unless i have to. Enjoy your thread.

You may have been asked to fix things, but the mod who changed it and deleted posts to begin with was not asked to do that. Nor was it warranted. There should be rules for you mods to follow, just as there are for the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"