Zach Snyder to Direct Watchmen

A B- WATCHMEN script doesn't cut it, so Alex Tse's script better be scrapped.

What happened to the praiseworthy work by David Hayter - Alan Moore said his draft captured the essence of his work better than he ever thought possible!

Thanks for the link.

Yeah... it's hardly the masterpiece adaptation that we're looking for.

guh, that script review makes me want to cry. though it seems snyder has his head on straight, and tse wrote this draft without snyder's involvement....it seems like snyder will be much more involved next time round. and yeah, it seems obvious to give tse the boot and bring back hayter.

Darth Nata said:
I think it would be cool if Warner Bros hired Chris Nolan and Bryan Singer on as producers to guide Zack Snyder.

Watchmen is a little above BATS/SUPES. Watchmen needs a whack job in the vein of classic Tim Burton to make this on again/off again project a reality.

keatonisbatman said:
Watchmen is a little above BATS/SUPES. Watchmen needs a whack job in the vein of classic Tim Burton to make this on again/off again project a reality.

burton would destroy a watchmen movie.

I'd kill myself if Burton became involved in this movie in any sort of capacity.

I'm going to have to agree with the general consensus that Burton would do more bad than good with The Watchmen.

Director aside...

Doug Hutchison (The X Files's Tooms, The Green Mile's Percy) IS Rorschach!

Watch this space...

Let's just hope that too much tampering with the script doesn't end up with something like...

LazloNibble.jpg

Or this:

Redrazors.jpg

keatonisbatman said:
The day Burton touches WATCHMEN is the day I murder myself.

Christopher Nolan is definitely in the right vein to tackle the material, but he's tied up with his other projects anyhow.

Veidt's masterplan is way too James Bond-ish. And I don't like the fact that he dies. Again, too James Bond-ish. Watchmen should be more than that.

Er, may I ask how people know the Hayter script is good?

I have no opinion on Snyder since I'm not familiar with his work. (I hear 300 looks really good though.) But, I just looked up Hayter and he's the guy who gave us X1 and the brilliantly horrifying "Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? Same thing as everything else" line.

If there are any remotely horrifying lines like THAT in any Watchmen movie, I will run out of the theater screaming. And I mean that in the most serious way.

Check out the third draft from 2003 (the only version widely available, to the best of my knowledge) of Hayter's WATCHMEN script here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RNFK6LNE

I see that a link to Alex Tse's most recent effort from a few months back is available four posts above this one!

Current word is that director Snyder is still waiting to take delivery of a screenplay in which he is entirely satisfied - let's wait an' see what else comes along!

And whatever it ends up being, I do (of course) know ONE thing:
http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247959

Actor DOUG HUTCHISON IS RORSCHACH!

Anita18 said:

I have no opinion on Snyder since I'm not familiar with his work. (I hear 300 looks really good though.) But, I just looked up Hayter and he's the guy who gave us X1 and the brilliantly horrifying "Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? Same thing as everything else" line.

If there are any remotely horrifying lines like THAT in any Watchmen movie, I will run out of the theater screaming. And I mean that in the most serious way.

Have you read the book ?
Well the David Hayter script is more or less 95 % faithful to the book with a few tweeks such as changing the attack on the city and the ending.

And have you watched the Dawn of The Daen remake. If so , you've just watched Zach's movie ;)

They've read it? It is good. Easily one of the best superhero movie scripts I've ever read.

But, I just looked up Hayter and he's the guy who gave us X1 and the brilliantly horrifying "Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? Same thing as everything else" line.

Am I to understand you will overlook all the GOOD stuff provided in X-MEN by Hayter because there was that one poorly delivered (it's not that poor a line) line in the film?

BTW, Joss Whedon supposedly provided that line. Not Hayter.

ToddIsDead said:
I'd kill myself if Burton became involved in this movie in any sort of capacity.

that would be cool as a producer. cool call!
now click click the heels and cast the wish.

After seeing the trailer for 300, I hope Snyder gets the hell away from WATCHMEN.

I thought the 300 trailer was amazing, but I don't think that style is right for Watchmen.

Gammy79 said:
It's ******ed to think he'd apply the exact same style to Watchmen, Jesus Christ :rolleyes:
He's already said he'll pretty much do it with Watchmen in various interviews, Jesus Christ. :rolleyes:

ToddIsDead said:
He's already said he'll pretty much do it with Watchmen in various interviews, Jesus Christ. :rolleyes:

Which interviews?

ToddIsDead said:

I doubt it will turn out like 300 in the end :o

(my ****** comment was not directed at you, though, but at people who will pass on this because they didn't like the 300 trailer, :confused: :()

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"