• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah ove never been a fan of swanwick pretending to be martha to see lois. If it were the other way around it would at leaat make sense but it seems like lois and the general know each other enough for him to drop in.

But of course I'll wait and see what the context is

Glad its confirmed. Now, i gotta be honest tho, when zack revealed the scene hes gonna be in...i kinda scratched my head. Why would Jonn’z pretend to be Martha Kent and visit Lois to grieve with her? That seems...kind of sinister tbh. But i will reserve judgement until I see it.

ALSO! You know what Im thinking guys. Lennox said in the interview he filmed his role remotely on a green screen. We also know he did that with Ezra too. Maybe Zack got Gal and Henry to film some extra bits remotely on a greenscreen and he’ll piece it all together in post? Maybe some extra dialogue bits.

Me either, tbh I’m not sure I’m comfortable with Swanwick being Martian Manhunter at this stage given he didn’t get involved with the Kryptonian attack or the Doomsday one. It raises too many questions imo.

It has been over a week since Snyder posted something. Maybe today of tomorrow he could share another photo or so to slowly Fan the hype flames

Me either, tbh I’m not sure I’m comfortable with Swanwick being Martian Manhunter at this stage given he didn’t get involved with the Kryptonian attack or the Doomsday one. It raises too many questions imo.

I think I can see some reasons he'd stay out of those fights.
First off, we don't know exactly when he came to Earth, could be he didn't take on the Swanwick persona until after MOS, or even after BVS. Maybe there is a real Swanwick who he only impersonates sometimes.

Putting that aside, lets assume he's spent years on Earth as Swanwick, not coming forward because of the same kind of fears Clark had in MOS. When he sees the reaction to Superman: giving him up to Zod, the army initially treating him as an enemy in Smallville, all Manhunters fears would be reinforced.
Manhunter might be conflicted over the kryptonian/human struggle. Zod is one of the last survivors of his race, he saw his planet die, which J'onn would sympathise with. If given a chance to bring Mars back to life at the cost of the Earth, he might have difficulty deciding.
If you aren't a human, the situation doesn't seem as clear cut, J'onn could struggle with the weight of deciding which species should live, and which should die.
I could go along with the idea that given these thoughts, he decided not to use his powers, to act only as the human he is portraying and let nature take it course one way or the other.

In BVS it's a bit cleaner, we hear him say himself that every attack on Doomsday makes it stronger. He has no reason to think his personal attacks will succeed where missiles failed, he'd just be making Doomsday more powerful.
Plus there was fire all over the battlefield, he'd be half dead before he got close to the fight.

Watched “ an analysis on Zack Snyder”. Hyper Spider.

interesting details about Zimmer music and sound design.

It is not really fair to judge the MM stuff until we know his backstory. Maybe he feels protecting Earth from within the system is better than fighting in front. War destroyed Mars so perhaps J'onn feels being in the military but keeping it in check is the best way to prevent that from happening here. Maybe he is afraid as he sees how the public deals with even conspiracies over aliens before Superman arrives. (like Area 51)

We won't know until we see it.

Eh im not tripping over the “why didnt MM help out the earth before?” thing. Its the same line of thinking as “why didnt Captain America help out Tony Stark in Ironman 3?” Logic. Because the writers didnt want them to. Thats it. We kind of just have to roll with that logic that it just wasnt their time to intervene yet.

I don’t know if I can post a link because of some of the language in there from Zack!

you can just use the title I posted and search YouTube

he pointed out very interesting connection between Supermen’s theme and Lex Luther‘s theme

Is it this one?

0BB743FE-6234-4251-9AD1-3E897B2D0351.jpeg

I don’t know if I can post a link because of some of the language in there from Zack!

you can just use the title I posted and search YouTube

he pointed out very interesting connection between Supermen’s theme and Lex Luther‘s theme
I watched that. I can’t believe I never noticed that. I pay attention to movie scores and usually pick up on things like that. That’s fantastic!

The thing was the piano notes for Superman match Lex’s only his are off key and dull and low while Superman’s are bright and sharp.
Details... incredible.

It is not really fair to judge the MM stuff until we know his backstory. Maybe he feels protecting Earth from within the system is better than fighting in front. War destroyed Mars so perhaps J'onn feels being in the military but keeping it in check is the best way to prevent that from happening here. Maybe he is afraid as he sees how the public deals with even conspiracies over aliens before Superman arrives. (like Area 51)

We won't know until we see it.

If the government knows Lex Luthor was behind everything, why are they publicly blaming Superman?

If the government knows Lex Luthor was behind everything, why are they publicly blaming Superman?

Are you referring to the desert incident at the start of BVS?
If so:
The US had declared it was staying neutral in the civil war, but then secretly sent in the CIA to make a deal with General Amajagh.
Although the CIA knows Superman didn't kill Amajagh or his men, they can't reveal that without exposing that the US was lying and planning to help overthrow an foreign government.

However, Senator Finch and the others on the committee don't know this, so they have no reason to doubt the testimony Kahina gives them, the testimony Luthor scripted for her. The CIA won't exonerate Superman in order to protect themselves from scrutiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"