• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why haven't we gotten any trailers for half of these movies. Not even a teaser.
Maybe because the earlier plan was to just to release them in theaters but they've modified it for simultaneous release on both streaming (HBO Max) and Theaters.

But for that to happen, they need to get approval of various entities who hold the IP licenses like Legendary and Toho. Since they were negotiating with them for many days, I think they now have reached some agreement and now WB can start marketing.

Mirror images of each other.

Though, one has revealed his true self and is being questioned, other stays in darkness and disguise.

wg0x2v3jl9b61-N.jpg

I have a hard time believing that was intentional though. Heck even Lennix revealed he hadn’t even heard of MM before Snyder told him recently. I definitely think it’s something he took from a fan theory or came up with either during or post BvS.

While having GvK and JL release around the same time will be good for HBO Max and both projects, it will also divide attention/hype. Hope it works out and ZSJL atleast has 2-3 weeks where its the sole focus. Otherwise it will again be WB sabotaging this :whatever:

While having GvK and JL release around the same time will be good for HBO Max and both projects, it will also divide attention/hype. Hope it works out and ZSJL atleast has 2-3 weeks where its the sole focus. Otherwise it will again be WB sabotaging this :whatever:
I’ve got a feeling JL is dropping March 1.

Also, this..

yeah, that felt apparent. Instead of billboards, extensive press tours, and other wild **** across months (or whatever) they’re doing a shorter, but possibly more intense online campaign.

Eh, I don’t think anyone will scroll through HBOmax and think “I can only watch one of these”. Lol

yeah, that felt apparent. Instead of billboards, extensive press tours, and other wild **** across months (or whatever) they’re doing a shorter, but possibly more intense online campaign.
No. Pretty sure at this point Godzilla vs Kong will be dumped onto HBO Max with no advertising even taking into account how it was being advertised pre-Covid.

Mirror images of each other.

Though, one has revealed his true self and is being questioned, other stays in darkness and disguise.

wg0x2v3jl9b61-N.jpg
This is just a lucky coincidence. lol

I'm almost 100% sure that General Swanwick was never considered for J'onn J'onzz / Martian Manhunter much less that Martian Manhunter was considered in a potential MOS sequel.

MOS script was entirely from Goyer's head with some inputs from others like Nolan & Snyder.

Way back in 2014, Goyer was interviewed on a podcast:

"He can't be ****ing called the Martian Manhunter because that's goofy. He can be called Manhunter... The whole deal with Martian Manhunter is he's an alien living amongst us... So he comes down to Earth and decides, unlike Superman who already exists in the world now, that he's just going to be a homicide detective... So instead of using super-powers and mind-reading and like, oh, I could figure out if the President's lying or whatever, he just decides to disguise himself as a human homicide detective. Dare to dream!"

"I would set it up like The Day After Tomorrow. We discover one of those Earth-like planets... So maybe like... we get the DNA code from that planet and then grow him in a petri dish here... He's like in Area 51 or something and we're just basically... doing biopsies on him."

About that idea about figuring if the President is lying (how prescient), MM being grown in a petri dish and being biopsied...lmao

I think everyone here knows that? It's just that some of these scenes are painted in a different light now.

More pure luck that Harry Lennix's General Swanwick in MOS & BvS being pigeonholed as MM quite well. lol

I remembering thinking while watching MOS the first time, after the scene between Superman & Swanwick at the end of the film, Swanwick to me was an interesting addition and may appear in a possible MOS sequel alongside with Captain Carrie Farris. Many months later on, some people online ran with the idea that Swanwick is really MM in hiding. lol

Swanwick
Swan Wick
Swan Lake: famous ballet about a transformation - MM is a shapeshifter
Wick: part of a candle - MM is weak to fire

...Nah, I'm not even convincing myself with this one.

I’ll doubt that til it happens. No way they aren’t gonna release trailers, posters, clips come mid-Feb.
We've barely had anything in the last year and a half, so I'm not convinced things will change. But that's a topic for the GvK thread.

I’ll doubt that til it happens. No way they aren’t gonna release trailers, posters, clips come mid-Feb.
Yeah there will be posters and clips and online advertisements as the movie is also getting a theatrical release.

They will be cutting back on marketing costs by starting close to release date.

More pure luck that Harry Lennix's General Swanwick in MOS & BvS being pigeonholed as MM quite well. lol

I remembering thinking while watching MOS the first time, after the scene between Superman & Swanwick at the end of the film, Swanwick to me was an interesting addition and may appear in a possible MOS sequel alongside with Captain Carrie Farris. Many months later on, some people online ran with the idea that Swanwick is really MM in hiding. lol
It doesn't matter as general audience is unaware of all this. :o

I think you are applying old ideas to this and it is confusing things. The hype wont die if they are released close together because they wont really be stealing audiences. There is no cost involvement in this, people dont have to choose which film to see, they can watch them both whenever they want. Most of the "hype" dies down after 2 weeks anyways and in the case of ZSJL it is going to mostly be Snyder fanboys like us hyping it. If anything GvK will likely cause the vitriol to die out faster.

If these were theater releases you would be right. Streaming makes zero difference. Didnt WW84 and Soul release about the same time?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"