Zelda

Well I beat the game this last weekend. I still can't put it down and am finishing most sidequests I missed. A big (and last) one is the Cave of Ordeals. I made it to the FIFTIETH level with three dark knights and died.

Well I realized I only have three bottles (the two that are given to you and the third from Jiovani for collecting 20 poe souls) and I keep hearing the fourth is by the fishing hole in Upper Zora's river. But I can't find it....

Could anybody help me find the fourth bottle then?

Walk into the fishing hole area. Go to the left side of the pond near the wooden bridge. On the bridge, bobber-fish in the small pond between the bridge and the wall. You'll eventually fish out the bottle.

Honestly, you don't need the other bottle to finish the cave of ordeals... you really just need patience... and a few of the hidden skills. (This is where the shield attack skill is well used coupled with a few others).

It's a shame... this game has possibly THE best combat system of any Zelda game when you have the wiimote and all those hidden skills, but it's wayyyy underused and doesn't have enough times to do some real swordplay. After all, the bosses and mini-bosses (other than the final boss) don't use one on one sword-play... and most of the game you can beat your opponent pretty quickly with a few jabs here or there.

Because you can do so much more with your sword now, it made me realize that Zelda just isn't a sword-heavy game... and because the technology has stepped it up along with the level of gameplay, the game itself needs to give you more one-on-one challenges with swordplay. Darknuts are excellent for this, but they're few and far between in just about any Zelda game... especially this one.

I was hoping for a showdown with Dark Link at some point... they even alluded to it half-way through the game... but it never came to fruition. So my plea to Nintendo is more one-on-one sword action... ESPECIALLY if they're gonna do 1:1 controls with the wiimote (which may be a little bold even yet, but still... a guy can dream, can't he? :csad:)

Just so you know Kipobe I totally voted for you in that contest thing, the issue was Farmerfran had already asked me to vote for him and I was going to, but I could never say no to you. :csad:

(So I effectively voted for both of you, and the two oposing votes cancelled eachother out :D)

Twilight Princess = Bleh.... =\

I'm playing it through a 2nd time now and I have to say while the Tears of Light thing still sucks, I take back all the negative things I've said about this. I love it.

I just love it.

What were your complaints earlier on and how are they a non issue now?

I have a question for you guys. I don't think I will like the Wiimote and the nutchunk to play Zelda. Is there another controllers i can use?

yes, the gamecube pad, but only if you get the gamecube version of the game.

trust me though, the wiimote is perfect on this game

I have a question for you guys. I don't think I will like the Wiimote and the nutchunk to play Zelda. Is there another controllers i can use?

Yes, but only if you the buy GameCube version. But trust me, you'll want to play the Wii version a bit before making your decision.

After 70+ hours, I've finally beaten this game. It's the longest, I think, I've ever spent on a game, and like all the LOZ games I've played before it, it has left me with a bittersweet feeling: thrilled with the adventure, but saddened that it had to end at some point. My only gripe is that the last two dungeons, though fun, feel unfinished. But otherwise, this is the best game I've ever played. I'm looking forward to the first true Zelda on Wii.

I think I feel stupid if i used the wiimote as the sword and all.

Just so you know Kipobe I totally voted for you in that contest thing, the issue was Farmerfran had already asked me to vote for him and I was going to, but I could never say no to you. :csad:

(So I effectively voted for both of you, and the two oposing votes cancelled eachother out :D)

Twilight Princess = Bleh.... =\

You cut me, Zenien. :csad: Pretend... for me. :heart:

I think I feel stupid if i used the wiimote as the sword and all.

it's not like you have to swing the remote around like a real sword, all it takes is a small flick of the wrist

one question. I beat the game in around 45 hours. My question is, the cutscene where Wolf Link and Midna go see Zelda, why does Midna call Zelda
the "Twilight Princess"
, when Midna
is the Twilight Princess

Cynical mocking how she let her kingdom (to save it) be covered in Twilight, so therefore she is a princess of a twilight realm instead of Hyrule.

Simple.

DACrowe is right.

I just started playing it again a second time today. Honestly, I don't have any problems with the Tears of Light sections of the game... i even somewhat enjoy them, the parts where you have to find ways into houses and such, it dosen't even take all that long and at least they are there on your map for you.

I'm taking my time on this play though, the first time around I played through it faster than I normally would, but only because I wanted to see what was going to happen next, what the next boss was like, that kind of stuff. But now I'm taking my time, I have to say the art direction in this game is astounding, next gen graphics or not, it truly is a gorgeous game and I have no complaints as far as graphics on the Wii go, so long as every game is as detailed as this.

I mean, come on... every house interior in the game is different!

New Wii Zelda to focus on motion control
Monday 12-Mar-2007 2:13 PM Director Eiji Aonuma discusses the future of the legendary series
Talking about the future of Link and the epic Zelda series, Nintendo director Eiji Aonuma has expressed his wish to put more motion-controlled mechanics in the next Zelda game.

"I knew that the Wii was capable of many more controls than we added to the Wii version of Twilight Princess," admitted Aonuma in an interview with GameInformer.

He continued: "I was kind of afraid of adding too many [motion controls], because I didn't want to confuse the end user or make the game intimidating. Moving forward, though, that was a launch title so we had to keep it kind of "at the basics," but moving forward I can definitely see us incorporating more controls into the game."

Aonuma also declared that he would be prepared to bring back Princess of the Twilight, Midna, if that's what the fans wanted: "Because of the way Twilight Princess ended, I don't see her making a reappearance, but who knows. If we hear enough voices for her to come back, how can we not."

my only gripe about the game, is that the second to the last boss zant, was going to be this kickass boss, but come to find out he's just some cooky villivan. i mean if your going to hype up a villian at least make him kickass,

not lameo.

Finally got a Wii and just started playing Twilight Princess, I'm still in the earliest stages of the game, but so far it's cool. I'm surprised just how well and natural the controls feel, I knew it would control well, Nintendo is great with control, but I thought there'd be a much bigger learning curve getting used to the new control style.

Congrats on the Wii. I'm surprised you got one.

i just got the boomerang and when ever i try to use it it'll say "point the wii remote at the screen" and i do and nothing ****ing happens. i used it before though and ive used the sling shot so why the **** wont it work.

edit: now nothing is working when i point it at the screen.

You sure your not too close to the TV?
oh, and you actually point at the sensor bar, not the TV.

When you use the boomerang, make sure your clicking Z or whatever button it is so that you aquire a target.

1. Make sure you have the sensor bar, preferably below the tv.

2. Be a foot away and keep pointing within the confines of the TV screen.

3. Check the batteries.

It should work.

I thought of a cool Zelda game they should make sorta like a RPG but the things you do will affect on how you are like if your bad then people in the town start thinking your a troubled kid and if your good you are rewarded and given an opportunity to meet Princess Zelda herself in the castle but if your bad you get to meet Ganon and you get to work for him and do his bad deeds.

And, you age as you go along you start out as a regular kid and the longer you play your link will mature into his teenage state then when you get into battles you get hit you are left scars on the huge battles you face.

Also if you do deeds for people you get copper, then to nickel, then to gold. When you buy armor it will break after a time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"