Zoe Saldana in Talks for Luc Besson's Columbiana

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=66087

Source: Heat Vision
May 17, 2010

Zoe Saldana (Avatar, Star Trek) is in early negotiations to star in Columbiana, a drama that Luc Besson is producing under his EuropaCorp, reports Heat Vision. Olivier Megaton (Transporter 3) will direct starting late-summer.

The trade says the film "is set in Latin America and the U.S. Saldana would play a young woman who, after witnessing her parents' murder as a child in Bogota, grows up to be a stone-cold assassin. She works for her uncle as a hitman by day, but her personal time is spent engaging in vigilante murders that she hopes will lead her to her ultimate target: the mobster responsible for her parents' death."

Besson and Robert Mark Kamen wrote the script.

Back to Nikita territory for Besson.

Zoe is to skinny for this role.she looked to skinny in the Losers.

i dont buy that a girl skinny like that could punch a guy . i dont buy it.

Someone hasn't seen either Nikita or the Fifth Element. Please shut your mouth and go somewhere.

Well its a movie. I doubt there is a woman who can actually take on 10 200+ pound guys and kill them all but you see it anyway (Angelina Jolie, Mila Jovich, etc).
The typical action hero (or heroine) in general isn't really believable when you think about it.

Okay that's just mean.

I agree, she needs a cheeseburger.
Make it a big mac. :hehe:

There's sender & then there's twiggy. Zoe is definitely twiggy. But she's a good actress. Glad she's getting more roles.

Someone hasn't seen either Nikita or the Fifth Element. Please shut your mouth and go somewhere.
in the context of the story from Fifth Element she didnt need to be strong.

Nikita ? since when is Nikita a badass?

we need a badass female character. Nikita was not. it was a good story IMO.

Jumping down laundry chutes with explosions chasing you = Badass!
Taking out VIPs with a sniper rifle from the bathroom window where you and your boyfriend are on holiday = Badass!
Stabbin' a cop in the hand with a pencil = badass!

And Saldana weigh no less than any chick you'd see kicking ass in a Honk Kong action flick, so what's the problem?

Well its a movie. I doubt there is a woman who can actually take on 10 200+ pound guys and kill them all but you see it anyway (Angelina Jolie, Mila Jovich, etc).
The typical action hero (or heroine) in general isn't really believable when you think about it.

the 90's :o

2yla4xg.jpg

o91mdw.jpg

2ynnejl.jpg

And Saldana weigh no less than any chick you'd see kicking ass in a Honk Kong action flick, so what's the problem?
show me where i was a hypocrit and wrotte that i dont have a problem with skinny girls in hon kong movies :whatever:

Back out of the room, dark... You stepped in a mess.

Nothing wrong with Zoe Saldana. Sure, she's not Rosario Dawson, but she's still hot. It's not really a stretch she would play a Colombian being a Dominican herself.

Transporter 3 sucked so I don't expect much from Olivier Megaton.

Nothing wrong with Zoe Saldana. Sure, she's not Rosario Dawson, but she's still hot. It's not really a stretch she would play a Colombian being a Dominican herself.

Eh, I like Zoe way more than Rosario but either way i'll wait for a trailer to see if this looks interesting or not.

By the way, awesome sig Dr. Evil. :awesome:

Eh, I like Zoe way more than Rosario but either way i'll wait for a trailer to see if this looks interesting or not.

By the way, awesome sig Dr. Evil. :awesome:

Creed is one of my favorite Office characters.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=68767

Michael Vartan Joins Zoe Saldana in Colombiana

Source: Heat Vision
August 13, 2010

Michael Vartan ("Hawthorne," "Alias") will star opposite Zoe Saldana (Avatar, Star Trek) in Colombiana, produced and co-written by Luc Besson and directed by Olivier Megaton (Transporter 3.

Saldana plays a young woman who, after witnessing her parents' murder as a child in Bogota, grows up to be a stone-cold assassin. She works for her uncle as a hitman by day, but her personal time is spent engaging in vigilante murders that she hopes will lead her to her ultimate target: the mobster responsible for her parents' death.

Vartan will play Saldana's boyfriend, an artist with no idea what she does for a living who is her only link to normalcy.

Besson wrote the script with Robert Mark Kamen; the pair previously teamed to pen Taken, The Transporter and The Fifth Element.

Production will begin in late summer in Chicago, New Orleans and Mexico City. The action thriller is set to be released September 2, 2011.

while luc besson has been producing some awesome movies lately... id still love to see him direct something again.

i still find it extremely surprising Taken cost 25mil and made 230mil

while luc besson has been producing some awesome movies lately... id still love to see him direct something again.

i still find it extremely surprising Taken cost 25mil and made 230mil
He just recently directed a brand new film in France. Adele Blanc-Sec. Its based on a French comic book. Sort of Arthur Conan Doyle-ish mixed with Indiana Jones with a female lead.

He just recently directed a brand new film in France. Adele Blanc-Sec. Its based on a French comic book. Sort of Arthur Conan Doyle-ish mixed with Indiana Jones with a female lead.

Unfortunately it wasn't a box office success nor a critical one.
I didn't saw it though, I am waiting for the DvD release.

Eh...she put on some weight but still not in believable shape

But I do enjoy her acting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"