‘Source Code’ Sequel in the Works

MrMaooz

Avenger
Reaction score
“Source Code 2″ is ramping up development with Anna Foerster signed on to direct the follow up to the science fiction thriller, sources confirm.

The Mark Gordon Company and Vendome Pictures are returning to produce with Vendome again financing the project. “Source Code” screenwriter Ben Ripley is back to write the script for the new installment.

The original “Source Code,” which starred Jake Gyllenhal, was a respectable performer at the box office in 2011, earning $54 million domestically and $147 million worldwide on an estimated $30 million budget for Summit. No distributor or actor is currently attached to “Source Code 2.”

Gordon will produce alongside Vendome’s Philippe Rousselet. Michele Wolkoff and Drew Simon will oversee the project for The Mark Gordon Company, with Guy Stodel and Fabrice Gianfermi overseeing for Vendome.

Foerster first collaborated with Gordon when she served as the second unit director on the Gordon-produced films “10,000 B.C.” and “The Day After Tomorrow.” Gordon then hired Foerster to direct several episodes of “Criminal Minds” and “Army Wives,” both of which he serves as an executive producer.

Gyllenhaal, Vera Farmiga, Michelle Monaghan and Jeffrey Wright co-starred in the original film, set on a Chicago commuter train in which Gyllenhaal’s character experienced the last eight minutes of another person’s life within an alternative timeline.

Foerster’s credits include the Starz cable series “Outlander.” She’s a longtime collaborator with Roland Emmerich as a director of photography on “White House Down,” “Anonymous,” “10,000 B.C.,” “The Day After Tomorrow” and “Independence Day” on the visual effects camera unit.

The Mark Gordon Co. is in production on TV series including “Grey’s Anatomy” (ABC), “Criminal Minds” (CBS), “Ray Donovan” (Showtime) and its most recent project “Benched,” a courtroom comedy for USA Network.

Gordon’s film credits include “Saving Private Ryan,” “Day After Tomorrow,” “Speed,” “The Patriot” and “Wonder Boys.” He’s also developing “Jobs” for Universal, “Arms and the Dudes” for Warners and is partnered with FilmNation on Berlin Wall drama “The Tunnels” with Paul Greengrass directing.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/source-code-2-anna-foerster-directing-exclusive-1201368932/

While I'm happy to see a female directing a film like this...the producer here is poop.

all due to respect to Duncan Jones but i did not like Source Code much at all. didn't work for me as drama, didn't work for me as a thriller, and despite some noble ambitions, didn't work for me as sci-fi cuz, honestly, think for two seconds about the concepts behind it and they make almost no coherent sense whatsoever. the final twist basically destroyed any hope the movie had for cogency, and it was already pretty far gone before that point, anyways.

it's rather mind-boggling to me that a sequel is in the works. even with the international B.O. the returns were quite modest. i don't think the Source Code name carries any real weight, so why not just make a new sci-fi IP? this sequel/prequel/remake/reboot fetish Hollywood has is getting more and more out of control.

I loved Source Code. It was up there with Inception IMO as the best of the sci-fi genre of the past 5 years. I don't see the need for this, though.

You know who will love this?

Dunkin Donuts.

Watched Source Code a few weeks ago. It's still a pretty good movie. Not sure if a sequel is needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"