“Destroyer (Part 2)" Talkback/Discussion

Timm REALLY needs to do a PG-13 direct to DVD version of JLU. Sort of like Marvel's doing with "Ultimate Avengers"(anyone getting the DVD?).

They should do a PG-13 DTV movie tying JLU to the JLU in Beyond. Have John and Shayera get married and have Rex, Superman still running the League even after most members have left, Batman creates his Beyond suit, etc.

I wanted to happen in this. Or in an ultimate ending sequence.

droogiedroogie2 said:
See, that's the problem here. The episode doesn't feel final at all to me. It feels almost final but not quite.
I agree, by very final I was about the very final sequence of the heroes running down the stair. That seemed very, "this was as powerful as the bad guys going to get, so here's one last look at your heroes."

And where the hell was Amazo? Not only has he been missing since disappearing to the problem of defeating Grundy, but this was a huge battle that he could have been a major help. Superman and Amazo could have whooped Darkseid in a few moments.

I just finished watching this episode, and DAMN... SUPES OPENED UP A CAN OF WHOOP ASS ON DOOMSDAY.

too bad lex was the one that saved the day. sort of anti-climatic after supes' battle.

and bats :up:, never gives up.

What Supes said leading up to him cutting loose was awesome.

boyscouT said:
sort of makes you wonder what supes true potential is ^^

It's one of the only things about the series that ticked me off. He was always so de-powered. OK, post-Crisis Superman, I get it, but come on. We finally get Supes moving toward his potential and it's game over. Well, at least we got to see it.

boyscouT said:
too bad lex was the one that saved the day.

Could somebody explain to me what that was exactly? I'm not actually up to date w/ this season due to the constant schedule shuffling and the long hiatus so could someone explain to me what that thing was that Lex had in his hand and what exactly did it do to Darkseid & Lex? Because...I didn't get it. :confused:

LostSon88 said:
Could somebody explain to me what that was exactly? I'm not actually up to date w/ this season due to the constant schedule shuffling so could someone explain to me what that thing was that Lex had in his hand and what exactly did it do to Darkseid & Lex? Because...I didn't get it. :confused:

lol same here. wtf is the anti-life equation?

Mister J said:
It's one of the only things about the series that ticked me off. He was always so de-powered. OK, post-Crisis Superman, I get it, but come on. We finally get Supes moving toward his potential and it's game over. Well, at least we got to see it.

i got pissed off with the de-powered thing too. i mean, its fun for awhile on the Superman:TAS, but come on.. HE'S SUPERMAN!

and same with JLU, it seemed like his powers were on-par with most of the league.

LostSon88 said:
Could somebody explain to me what that was exactly? I'm not actually up to date w/ this season due to the constant schedule shuffling so could someone explain to me what that thing was that Lex had in his hand and what exactly did it do to Darkseid & Lex? Because...I didn't get it. :confused:

It's the Anti-Life Equation. Darkseid has always been preoccupied with finding it. It's been referred to as many things over time, depending on who's writing. However, it usually involves something along the lines of being able to dominate free will/will power or an entity's subconscious. It's fairly vague.

As it was shown in JLU, I imagine comprehending the equation sent Darkseid and Lex to another realm of consciousness. That's why Batman and the others doubted either was dead. That's just my guess though. There are probably others who have different opinions or more accurate interpretations of the ALE.

Thanks, Mister J. :)

So its like becoming "one with the force"?

ya know, when hawkgirl got hit by the spear, i think thats the first time i've actually seen her get hurt, lol.

LostSon88 said:
Thanks, Mister J. :)

So its like becoming "one with the force"?

I guess you could interpret it that way, if you mean being able to comprehend something outside of the standard realm (w/o dying). It's definately a high-level form of knowledge/sentient life. It's just never been that specifically defined.

I found this link over at Wiki, it gives a pretty decent analysis. It'll certainly give you more perspective than I can:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Life_Equation

boyscouT said:
ya know, when hawkgirl got hit by the spear, i think thats the first time i've actually seen her get hurt, lol.

I was surprised how painful it was. Initially, I thought it was in her back, but it appeared to be just the wing. I'm sure it was a good cause for pain, but I didn't imagine to that level. Damn Thanagarian physiology.

Mister J said:
I was surprised how painful it was. Initially, I thought it was in her back, but it appeared to be just the wing. I'm sure it was a good cause for pain, but I didn't imagine to that level. Damn Thanagarian physiology.

wat are hawkgirls powers?:up:

I actually thought they were going to kill her off when she was being shocked...the music and the mood was just screaming for it.

Oh, and thanks again Mister J for the wiki article--I'm still confused as hell but thanks :up:

boyscouT said:
wat are hawkgirls powers?:up:

I can't be too precise, 'cause there are different incarnations of the characters. Based off what I know, she has a belt made of Nth Metal that allows her to fly. The wings are artificial and allow her to control flight. She's a hellacious fighter and has increased strength. The energy mace she carries is amde of Nth Metal too and it disrupts magic.

The character on the show doesn't seem to need a belt to fly. I'm guessing that's why her wing was able to be hurt like that. it's not artificial.

LostSon88 said:
Oh, and thanks again Mister J for the wiki article--I'm still confused as hell but thanks :up:

I'm confused as hell and I've known about the stupid thing for years now.

Perhaps its something they can elaborate on in a DVD Film...otherwise that ending IMHO should be taken as a cop-out.

"They'll be back." Hawkgirl?

"And we'll be ready." J'onn

LostSon88 said:
I actually thought they were going to kill her off when she was being shocked...the music and the mood was just screaming for it.

ditto.

The ending does kinda suck. I wanted perfect closure, but I'm admittedly greedy. I'm guessing they wanted to leave the door open somewhat in case they managed to get another season. That and they needed to wrap things up pretty quickly with the studio being pricks and all. A 3 or 4-parter would have been fantastic for the finale.

I am hoping for a DTV at some point though.

'what we have here is a rare opportunity for me to cut loose.. and show you just how powerful i really am'

am i alone here when i thought supes cocked his punch, that darkseid was gonna stop it like nothing? lol... supes woulda been SCREWED.

also, wats up with jon? how come diana was so surprised to see him?

boyscouT said:
also, wats up with jon? how come diana was so surprised to see him?

Last we saw J'onn was back in episode 4 (in real time, back in September) when he decided to leave the JLU...it was a nice surprise to not only Diana, but me as well. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"