“The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Peete”

rollotomasi

Civilian
Reaction score
Alicia Keys visits the White House for a film screening

www.thewashingtonpost.com

Hey isn’t that… R&B singer, songwriter and piano woman Alicia Keys at the White House screening of “The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Peete” on Wednesday. Keys produced and scored the film about two young boys forced to fend for themselves in a Brooklyn housing project.

The first lady has a new campaign and pal Alicia Keys is helping out.

1389827126000-AFP-526062242.jpg

First lady Michelle Obama speaks about education in underserved communities following a screening of the movie, "The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete," produced by her pal, singer Alicia Keys. (Photo: Saul Loeb AFP/Getty Images)
Story Highlights

• First lady kicks off latest initiative with pal Alicia Keys' new film
  • 'The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete' screened at White House

SHARE 239 CONNECT 12 TWEET 2 COMMENTEMAILMORE

Wearing a jaunty fedora, singer [COLOR=#333 !important]Alicia Keys[/COLOR] joined first lady [COLOR=#333 !important]Michelle Obama[/COLOR] at the White House today to screen her passion project, The Inevitable Defeat of Mister & Pete, an often-heartbreaking coming-of-age story of two inner-city boys.
Obama said she wept when she first saw the film, and then decided to screen it for educators as part of her new campaign to help more young people make it to and through college.
She praised "my dear friend" Keys for her "eloquence, and her foresight in seeing the value of this movie and investing in it," according to the White House transcript.
"I saw this movie this summer and I wept, like I know all of you all did, because you can't help but weep and laugh and look in horror and cheer for these two young kids. Because they represent all of our

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"