Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief

TMZ is reporting that Cruise hasn't seen his daughter in a year.

PTA and Cruise were big pals through out shooing Magnolia and long after. He didn't have a falling out with PTA until PTA showed him a private screening of The Master, so I'm sure that if a director doesn't make a not so subtle film questioning his religion, Cruise is fine, PTA did that very thing. It's also worth noting that the artist involved with the transitions in Punch Drunk Love "commited suicide" after leaving Scientology, which disturbed PTA greatly.
They are still friends. PTA even praised TC in EOT.

I finally watched this last night. It was brilliant, but everything about Scientology is creepy and disgusting.

From the stupid looking Sea Org uniforms that they wear to that hideous looking blue building. What an absolute scam.

It really is nothing but a massive scam. David Miscavige is like a real-life supervillain.

I wonder if Immortan Joe and the War Boys in Mad Max were at all influenced by L. Ron Hubbard and the Sea Org.

Got to see this recently. I knew very little about Hubbard. Talk about crazy pants. Certainly eye-opening.

Folks, make sure to keep the discussion on the documentary itself, and not on religion as a whole. (for anyone wondering why some posts have gone missing)

This documentary was as excellent as it was deeply disturbing. I've never been so shaken after finding something out. The worst part is it's going on here and it's still going on and they're getting away with it. Miscavage really is a monster. And I'm convinced Cruise is the most brainwashed victim out of them all, given his status and how Miscavage needs to give him the most attention to bring in more members.

I'd recommend people read some Vanity Fair articles that details the full story of the woman who was made up to be Tom Cruise's girlfriend and what happened to Miscavage's wife who has not been seen in public since 2007.

The more people know about what these people are doing the better.

A bit from Leah Remini's new book...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jarettwiese...-in-leah-reminis-scientology-book#.ghO9q6vJBz
8. Allegedly Isabella Cruise had some damning words about her mother.

On the way back to America following Cruise and Holmes’ wedding, Remini found herself in the same airport shuttle as Isabella and Connor Cruise, the children Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman adopted together while they were married. Remini had long known the kids from their time at the Celebrity Centre together and had recently “gotten to know them better” during those nights at Cruise’s house, but she rarely saw them without the supervision of a church representative. So Remini seized the opportunity to ask a question that she’d long wondered: Do you see your mom?

“Not if I have a choice,” Isabella said, according to Remini. “Our mom is a ****ing SP.” An SP, or suppressive person, is any individual who speaks out against the church. Members are dissuaded from having any contact with them. “My heart broke for [Connor], his sister, and their mother as we rode the rest of the way to the airport without saying another word.”
The kids open their mouths and David Miscavige's voice comes out.

I kind of wonder if we'll ever hear anything out of Kidman's or Katie Holmes' mouths about the church.

Not while Tom is still in, imo. If he ever turns and breaks free, I'm sure the floodgates would open. Sadly that doesn't seem likely at this point.

But wasn't M:I 5 great though? And Tom Cruise is such a great person, he gives hours and hours to his fans, he does all his own stunts and he just wants to entertain his audience. Why the hate?

:whatever:

i am happy that i watched MI5 before Going Clear.

But wasn't M:I 5 great though? And Tom Cruise is such a great person, he gives hours and hours to his fans, he does all his own stunts and he just wants to entertain his audience. Why the hate?

:whatever:

C'mon he's saved the entire world so many times, you can forgive him. :gngl:

Not while Tom is still in, imo. If he ever turns and breaks free, I'm sure the floodgates would open. Sadly that doesn't seem likely at this point.

Judging from these stories, Tom is in way too deep. Kind of sad.

The article mentions that J.J. Abrams was at the wedding. He's a Scientologist??

Last edited:
Judging from these stories, Tom is in way too deep. Kind of sad.

The article mentions that J.J. Abrams was at the wedding. He's a Scientologist??

No, he's one of Cruise's friends.

If you google "JJ Abrams Scientologist" there are a few unconfirmed sources that say he's an ex-Scientologist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"