Iron Man 1:1 Ironman Movie Costume Replica. Tmp

WOW ! great shots TMP, any more clear pictures you can send us ? Again this is fantastic !

TMP I didn't know you guys where members of the hype, showing off as usual i see. Get everyones hopes up then knock them down with the sticker price on one of these bad boys lol :hehe:

Here are some tezer photos :)

Changed the helmet a bit from the first.
Now i realize i am not happy with the above helmet so that is getting scrapped.
Therfore makeing a new helmet from scratch.

All good things are 3 right? :word:

CIMG1662.JPG

CIMG1660.JPG

The suit is 90% done all i need is the helmet and its a GO.

Tk7080 who made the ironman in the link?

What the F!!!!!!!! there are 2 of you guys on here ? How do you guys know how to build these suits ?????? F--k! I want both these suits who do I talk to? how much ???? I am in love, like man how do you guys know how to do this, like did you go to school or something ? This is wild $hitt !

TMP how much for a suit like this ? and how long does it take to make a copy, can you have 1 made to sell before the movie comes out ?

What the F!!!!!!!! there are 2 of you guys on here ? How do you guys know how to build these suits ?????? F--k! I want both these suits who do I talk to? how much ???? I am in love, like man how do you guys know how to do this, like did you go to school or something ? This is wild $hitt !

TMP how much for a suit like this ? and how long does it take to make a copy, can you have 1 made to sell before the movie comes out ?

I doubt TMP can afford to sell a full suit for under 4k for all the work involved + supplies & materials ect... and shipping for something of that size & weight to the USA has to be around 400 USD right"?

What ???! $4000 ??? thats nuts who can afford that ? I was thinking maybe $1000. How about the other guy TK1780. Any idea how much he is going to chage for his Iron man ?

Accurate movie props and replicas are not cheap.

Accurate movie props and replicas are not cheap.

Yah but come on $4 grand ??? Thats F..ing nuts.

Hey TmP tell us what something like this would cost to buy ?. Hell even Stormtrooper suits are not like that much, I can buy one for under a $1000 so why not something like this, its not that much differnt.

I think your way off on your $4000 mark dude. I mean I am sure he would charge you that much if you want to pay him for it, but like no costume armor is going to have to be that expensive. Come on :whatever:

Yah but come on $4 grand ??? Thats F..ing nuts.

Hey TmP tell us what something like this would cost to buy ?. Hell even Stormtrooper suits are not like that much, I can buy one for under a $1000 so why not something like this, its not that much differnt.

I think your way off on your $4000 mark dude. I mean I am sure he would charge you that much if you want to pay him for it, but like no costume armor is going to have to be that expensive. Come on :whatever:

It was TMP himself that stated the price over on the LOH. Also this suit is made of Fiberglass with foam rubber joints top quality pieces I'm sure it will be painted in Automotive paints. I'm sure it will also Have LED eyes.
All of TMP's costumes are Top quality and are not cheap
His C3PO, ROBO COP ect run at that price... all amazing pieces and all very expensive!

You can get FX armor for cheap on ebay but and accurate Stormtrooper suit from movie molds run's you 900 and up just for a kit unless your lucky That isn't counting if you try to buy a One off Trooper helmet or a rare one made in a limited number In fact 1k can get you a Gino Stormtrooper Hero helmet FYI. Hell i spent 850 on my darth vader helmet alone lol

There is a huge difference from a vacuum formed TK suit and a fiberglass IRONMAN suit.

I have been in to props for years alot of people are under the impression that things are cheap. Not one prop or "costume" i own is under the 1,500 mark.

If you want something Ironman for under grand try this.
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=2957

Gundam...? you paid $850 for a Darth Vader helmet ? There is like all kinds of the myou can buy for like at most $250. You got gyped dude !

Sorry I did not ask, was it like original from the movie or something ? If it came off the set and was like worn by Dave Prouse then I can understand the extra $. If you did buy one from off the movie setts or something than I agree $850 would be money well spent.

Gundam what is LOH ? is that a props forum ? dont think I have run accross that.

Anyway, I still $4000 is ******ed, why not make it around $1000 ? thats a fair price and at that kind of price you can kick out lots of the mand make even more cash. So why not ? Mcdonalds clued into that, sell 1 hambuger for $6.75 or sell 500 for $1.10. Make more at a better price and sell more, not hard to figure out. Supply and demand.

I am sure if the price was lower, or maybe it is and your trying to mess with my head ? That more people wuld be able to buy them. $4000 is like the price of a decent used car.

Anyway

Gundam...? you paid $850 for a Darth Vader helmet ? There is like all kinds of the myou can buy for like at most $250. You got gyped dude !
I could go in to great detail the differences in vader helmets but i come here to get away from star wars

Sorry I did not ask, was it like original from the movie or something ? If it came off the set and was like worn by Dave Prouse then I can understand the extra $. If you did buy one from off the movie setts or something than I agree $850 would be money well spent.
Yes my helmet has movie linage But the helmet prowes himself wore would be worth a hell of a lot more then 850 something along the lines of 50 to 100grand is what it would go for if not more. A vader helmet cast from an ILM helmet on ebay a few weeks ago went for over 6k just for raw fiberglasss. There was also a background ESB helmet last year on ebay went for 34grand. As time go's on it's value will only grow.

Gundam what is LOH ? is that a props forum ? dont think I have run accross that.
The league of heroes http://theleagueofheroes.yuku.com/
It's more of a costume site. A Prop forum is The RPF

Anyway, I still $4000 is ******ed, why not make it around $1000 ? thats a fair price and at that kind of price you can kick out lots of the mand make even more cash. So why not ? Mcdonalds clued into that, sell 1 hambuger for $6.75 or sell 500 for $1.10. Make more at a better price and sell more, not hard to figure out. Supply and demand.

TK1780 has already explained it to you in great detail in his tread.
it cost Mcdonalds what 20 cents to make you a burger so selling it for 1.10 is all profit. Mcdonalds has limitless resources & workers. where as to guys like TMP & TK1780 are working out of pocket by themself or with a few other guys in tmps case. Also once molds are made they do not last forever! you can maybe get 10 to 20 good pulls before the mold damage and need to be replaced. One bad pull or a bad mix can rip your molds to pieces.. Ect.. ect..

I am sure if the price was lower, or maybe it is and your trying to mess with my head ? That more people wuld be able to buy them. $4000 is like the price of a decent used car.
Anyway

Why would i mess with your head?

Good post Gundam !

ZK, no one is trying to mess with you. I assure you if I had Mcdonalds resources I could find a way to crank out 50,000 copys of my Iron Man, but do you really want to see that many Iron Men walking around ?

Stormtroopers, the reason why there are so many costumes at varied prices, is that there should be a lot of them. Iron men, if you go to a convention you should sell like maybe 1-3 at most.

I allways feel bad when I see tons of Batmen at Conventions or 40 supermen. Its nice to see some variety. But again, price is anywhere from $300-$1500, some suits more than that but most in that line. So, you consequently see a lot of them. After the $1.10 hamburger at big Ms after a week of that you would be happy to pay the $6.75 for a real decent burger elsewhere, no ?

By the way, TMPs armor at $4000 based on this kind of quality ??? that is cheap at twice the price. I dream of when I could make a suit of gear even close to this.

Back to the main topic here. TMP Please more pictures sir !

What ???! $4000 ??? thats nuts who can afford that ? I was thinking maybe $1000. How about the other guy TK1780. Any idea how much he is going to chage for his Iron man ?

Try to find someone who can make you one for less.
Material involved, work hours, different materials, metal, glassfiber, rubber, and abs plastic.

This project taken 7 month.

Shipping a item like this is arround 650 USD from europe to US.

BTW... Will soon have photos of my 3rd and final atemt on the ironman helmet :) We are soon there. 3 costumes lying arround without head and some minor details :)

We look forward to them TMP. By any chance do you have shots of test fits of getting the suit on ?

Also how hard did you find it building the gauntlets ? The only way I could figure it out, was by taking a cast of my hands, then molding sections over that so I had the fit right. Still finnishing this as it for some reason, at least for me the hardest of the whole suit. Mind you, unlike you I did not have the worry of making a helmet. I cheated and bought one from a gent.

I thought the feet were going to be hard but nothing compared to the gauntlets. Plus I needed some room in the palms for the light system for each hand so made it even more awkward.

Again TMP, those of us that aspire to your quality are envious, thanks again for sharing your pics and some info.:woot: :cwink:

Thats good to know he hasn't updated his post on the RPF in a while so i was wondering if he was still working on the project. I'd love to see a Civil war ironman suit! I'm not to big on the movie look vs the comic.

We are doing that was well.

Do you remember the first sculpt we did.
Well the midsection, back armor with spine is part of the Civil War version.
We are in progress of making a second chest. One with the diamond plate.
We are also making a nw set of shoulders and other gauntlets + one more helmet.

We look forward to them TMP. By any chance do you have shots of test fits of getting the suit on ?

Also how hard did you find it building the gauntlets ? The only way I could figure it out, was by taking a cast of my hands, then molding sections over that so I had the fit right. Still finnishing this as it for some reason, at least for me the hardest of the whole suit. Mind you, unlike you I did not have the worry of making a helmet. I cheated and bought one from a gent.

I thought the feet were going to be hard but nothing compared to the gauntlets. Plus I needed some room in the palms for the light system for each hand so made it even more awkward.

Again TMP, those of us that aspire to your quality are envious, thanks again for sharing your pics and some info.:woot: :cwink:

Well. The helmet is the worst thing to recreate.
First i had no reffrence photos from the sides or back of the helmet.
Shortly after finishing the 2nd version the sideshow bust came and it blow away the helmet i though was good.
I had to take another look at it and i realized... HELL thats is not going to work for the suit.

The gauntlets should not be a bigger problem. It all depends on what teqnic you're using.
Take a cast of your self then add clay arround the peice your making. Then make a mould, cast it then clean it make a new mould and cast the final one. Of course all depending on how much details and what casting tecn. youre using.

The bigest chalange has been the proportions.
That is why we started with the upper armor, then midsection, then feet, then the shoulders, arms then last the helmet.

People tend to forget how large the helmet needs to be to get it to look correctly sized to the big armor. :stark

I will take photos of a test fitting later once all the parts are done.
The person testfitting it is arround 6.2-6.3 tall.
I belive it will push the costume to its max limits as far as size.

And sorry to inform.... I will not show any photos untill i got it all done.

TMP

That is what I did for the gauntlets, took casts of my hands, made them up and the nclay to form the fingers and joint areas. The palm alone however on mine is 6 pieces, not including the finger sections . I have 21 pieces for each hand that I am working on.

Regretably I have some of the body suit that will show through the palm of the hand in places.

My wrist connector to the hands is rubber that then tucks in deep in a fair way into the forearm, the wiring for the light ( leading from the palm ) then connects to the battery assembly. Could not think of any other way to do it.

Again hats off to you. Looking forward to pics of your helmet and gauntlets:applaud

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"