12 killed in Colorado shooting at Dark Knight Rises premiere

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is awful. I guess people just thought they were in some kind of costume. How terrible it must have been to sit there and not even realise you're about to be murdered/maimed.

But why a baby at point blank range?

The whole event is repulsive.

What should have been a great experience turned into a horrid nightmare for those people. This is awful, absolutely awful.

I was just thinking, is anyone from here in that area? Hope all the Hypesters are ok as well.

The incident occurred at a cinema showing the Batman film The Dark Knight Rises, a police official told NBC News.

Hayden Miller told Denver's 9News he was in an adjoining cinema when he heard "10-20 shots" and "small explosions".

"We heard people screaming," Mr Miller said.

he said a voice then came over the PA system and "told us to get out".

"Everyone was running, screaming," he said.

One suspect was in custody, police said. It was unclear whether other suspects were involved.

The injured were being transported to three local hospitals.

Witnesses reported hearing explosions.

KOA reports that a figure in a gas mask had opened fire at the showing in a mall in the suburb of Aurora and set off a smoke or tear gas bomb.

The bomb squad is also on the scene.

Aurora, a suburb of Denver, is not far from Littleton, scene of the Columbine High School massacre in 1999 that claimed 13 lives.

wow

Just woke up to the terrible news. I hope that the wounded make it through and my thoughts are with the families who lost a loved one.

Shocking and tragic. I hope this doesn't fall back on the film though given the whole RT debacle.

It has nothing to do with that. This was a horrible preplanned terrorist attack. Nothing to do with the movie itself.

This is totally f***** disgusting. All those people who were waiting for whats probably one of the top 5 biggest events of their lives just killed like that. Absolutely horrible and disgusting.

What the hell could possibly motivate somebody to do this? I really hope this shoot gets what ever he deserves.

On a much lesser important note this could severely hurt the opening weekend.

What sucks is this may deter some from going to see it. In all seriousness, damn the box office. You should be able to go to the movies and enjoy time out with your family and friends.

I wonder if this is going to cause theaters all over the US having police officers in the auditoriums and such. Seems like it might be a good idea now...

I honestly feel bad for Warner Brothers and everyone involved with this film. This seems like some sort of copycat killer and no doubt this sick person had this planned out. Because people go in cosplay for premiers like this, I doubt somone with a gas mask would stick out too much.

Unfortunately this tragedy is going to be stuck to this film, because this story will be national. It's so unfortunate because this was a film made for the fanbase, and some nutball takes this seriously and goes out and pulls a stunt like this.

Witness: Wounded baby carried out by officer

:(

CNN

FBI is now on the case. They don't believe it's a case of international terrorism, but are still looking at possible ties to domestic terrorist groups. This is going to be a long night for all those involved in CO. Just hope that the death toll doesn't rise much more. I can't imagine being a relative and possibly not knowing if their loved ones are okay.

This is totally f***** disgusting. All those people who were waiting for whats probably one of the top 5 biggest events of their lives just killed like that. Absolutely horrible and disgusting.

What the hell could possibly motivate somebody to do this? I really hope this shoot gets what ever he deserves.

On a much lesser important note this could severely hurt the opening weekend.

Apparently, from another article (in the thread for user reviews) the motivation was the fact that the screening sold out.

Sickening, whatever the motivation.

Thats pretty messed up. You have to be Unstable and not right in the head to do something like that :csad:

Do you guys think this will put people of from seeing the movie? I mean it might place some doubt in the overly cautious.

A baby was shot at point blank range. . .

I couldn't even get through typing that without shuddering.

Truly, purely disgusting.

My heart goes out to these people.

:csad:

atrocious. how could you have the conviction to shoot an infant? how?

anyone know the purpose of the gunmen? if this was just some random let's shoot some people thing....

This may change movie-going experiences forever.....

There are some sick people in this world, its absolutely disgusting to think about this. Praying for the injured and for the families and friends who lost loved ones.

Just woke up and read the news. Heart goes out to all those wounded and the families of those lost.

Its just so horrible. What is wrong with those people? I hope they catch everyone involved.

Wounded? Not...dead? The baby is alive? Or is this child different from the other?

They showed the interview on KUSA...This guy is saying the baby wasnt moving and the woman holding the baby was saying on the phone that the baby had holes.

wtf man...Just wtf this is ****ing terrible.

This suspect is apprehended...

Im watching the webcast and damn near tears, and I'm not that emotional a person. The descriptions from witnesses and stuff is just so sad. Man, this really puts a bad spin to what should have been a great night for us all.

Do you guys think this will put people of from seeing the movie? I mean it might place some doubt in the overly cautious.

I think this is gonna have a pretty big impact. This story is gonna be running all over the place, its gonna make someone think twice about bringing their family if this is in the back of their mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"